Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Public relations overload...

Public relations overload...

Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Public relations overload...

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Also..lets not forget their slogan..'the pioneering city'...home of the white phone boxes and the test bed of high tech stuff like cable tv, internets, etc, etc..Oh, and Throbbing Grisstle formed there. It's Never Dull in 'Ull!

but yes..it is actually a bit grim..very grim actually..but it's an underdog, and I like underdogs.
Oh I know Hull very well, my mums family come from there. I was born in Beverley.

Throbbing Gristle? Well I never, does that mean Genesis P Orridge is a codlander?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Robajob
Oh I know Hull very well, my mums family come from there. I was born in Beverley.

Throbbing Gristle? Well I never, does that mean Genesis P Orridge is a codlander?
He went to Hull Uni..like myself. So not quite..but 'Ull has a lot of rich music history too..The Adelphi club I think has much to be thanked for this.

Beverly, it redeems Hull. The amount of times we travelled to Beverly on the train to get pissed in the white horse..my oh my...Sam Smiths still do the cheapest beer.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

He went to Hull Uni..like myself. So not quite..but 'Ull has a lot of rich music history too..The Adelphi club I think has much to be thanked for this.

Beverly, it redeems Hull. The amount of times we travelled to Beverly on the train to get pissed in the white horse..my oh my...Sam Smiths still do the cheapest beer.
Oh indeed they do, I remember getting happily drunk on not very much money many times in Sam's pub. The head of the family who runs the brewery is as mad as a badger apparently.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Oh indeed they do, I remember getting happily drunk on not very much money many times in Sam's pub. The head of the family who runs the brewery is as mad as a badger apparently.
Don't doubt it for a minute..these old brewing families seem to have that attribute (did alot of work in my previous role in the UK for the Robinsons Brewery in Stockport..) The Sam Smiths beer is far superior to the Samuel Smiths smooth flow crap..
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Don't doubt it for a minute..these old brewing families seem to have that attribute (did alot of work in my previous role in the UK for the Robinsons Brewery in Stockport..) The Sam Smiths beer is far superior to the Samuel Smiths smooth flow crap..
Don't you mean John Smith's smoothflow? Which I agree is a pint of last resort...
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't you mean John Smith's smoothflow? Which I agree is a pint of last resort...
Oopps, yes..never touch the stuff unless there's nothing left..which luckily, in the modern world, seems rare.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tayls123
grimmest place ever? scotland.
So you've clearly never been then.

My dads from London. My Mum is Glaswegian. I was born and raised just outside Glasgow and have family the length and breadth of the Uk. Sorry but as a place Scotland is head and shoulders above England in many respects.

What is your experience of Scotland then??
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_m
So you've clearly never been then.

My dads from London. My Mum is Glaswegian. I was born and raised just outside Glasgow and have family the length and breadth of the Uk. Sorry but as a place Scotland is head and shoulders above England in many respects.

What is your experience of Scotland then??
Bloke must have been blind drunk, as my experience of Scotland is fsar from grim.