British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Private party venue Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/private-party-venue-dubai-683546/)

Shat Fink Aug 31st 2010 7:10 pm

Private party venue Dubai

Being male and all that i decided to leave it to the very last minute to organise a venue for my girlfriends 30th. Set the date, invited people and just kinda thought i'd find a villa to rent for a weekend. Seems its not so simple as the owners are wise to getting their villa trashed!

Any ideas where i might be able to rent either a villa with pool or maybe a bar / restaurant that does something suitable for 20 to 30 people?

Many thanks for any replies, google didnt help too much

Bijilo123 Aug 31st 2010 7:52 pm

Re: Private party venue Dubai

Kuait is the party centre of the Middle East.

HB and have a good time!!

Dubaidog Aug 31st 2010 7:57 pm

Depending on your budget this (or something similar) might be worth considering....

http://dubai.dubizzle.com/classified...rter-package-/

At the lower end of the scale you could probably hire an Abra for a whole night for 500 Dhs...have to be a discrete BYO - but still something different and worth a crack...

Bijilo123 Aug 31st 2010 8:02 pm

Party on an abra is a brilliant idea. Esp for 30 people!

Dubaidog Aug 31st 2010 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 (Post 8816898)
Party on an abra is a brilliant idea. Esp for 30 people!

OK - splash out and hire two!

Autonomy Aug 31st 2010 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Shat Fink (Post 8816765)
Being male and all that i decided to leave it to the very last minute to organise a venue for my girlfriends 30th. Set the date, invited people and just kinda thought i'd find a villa to rent for a weekend. Seems its not so simple as the owners are wise to getting their villa trashed!

Any ideas where i might be able to rent either a villa with pool or maybe a bar / restaurant that does something suitable for 20 to 30 people?

please do the needful and avail us of your budget....

Madam Medusa Sep 1st 2010 3:58 am

how about hiring a boat...?

bear in mind it might be difficult to hire a villa/outdoor venue given that it's ramadan and no loud music/partying is allowed...

MM, xx

Patsy Stoned Sep 1st 2010 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Shat Fink (Post 8816765)

I heard that there is an empty villa on a small complex near Mcgrudys.
You could try there. I am sure the neighbours won't mind if you have loud music playing all night and scream around the pool area.:D

Ethos83 Sep 1st 2010 5:26 am

Bristol yachts in the Marina does boat rentals. But v. v. expensive. I wanted to book their catamaran for a couple hours but the rates were 3,500 AED per hour.

Said thanks but no.

Why not just take over a bar somewhere? You can arrange to have an open bar and give all your guests drinks tickets.

Shat Fink Sep 1st 2010 5:28 am

Well the party is to be after Ramadan, we have hired dhows in Dibba before which are ideal but wanted something different and nearer Duabi this time. A pool party at a villa was the idea which we found for about AED3000 per night which would have been ok.

Guess one of us needs to man up and rent a villa for the year!