Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The price of property is about to .............

The price of property is about to .............

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 2:42 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Desert Rat's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 132
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Default The price of property is about to .............

Has anone noticed the amount of property going up for sale, over the last couple of weeks dozens of properties have been placed on the market just on arabian ranches .......... but nothing is selling. Lets hope prices are going to drop
Desert Rat is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:32 pm
  #2  
A bubbly-jock...
 
MacScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Teneriffe
Posts: 6,262
MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of property is about to .............

Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Has anone noticed the amount of property going up for sale, over the last couple of weeks dozens of properties have been placed on the market just on arabian ranches .......... but nothing is selling. Lets hope prices are going to drop
Aussie dollar dropped 23 percent against the dirham in the last few months. So people selling up now make a handy increase when transferring money back to Australia..especially if their house/apartment here also went up in value (most between 40 and 60% increase over last year or so).

...same probably also goes for the GB pound..good time to sell and go home..I suppose.
MacScot is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:00 pm
  #3  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,502
Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The price of property is about to .............

If you can sell, that is!

The boom's already peaked. Should have put the house on the market before July or August, at the latest.

The papers are still talking about price increases, but after living through both the American and British housing booms and watching them peak and turn into busts, I'm seeing the same parallels happen over here. Right now we're at a phase where prices are still climbing, but far fewer sales are happening, which means the next phase will be the beginning of price cuts. This stagnation period of high prices but few sales will last perhaps a year, then the bust will begin.





Originally Posted by MacScot View Post
Aussie dollar dropped 23 percent against the dirham in the last few months. So people selling up now make a handy increase when transferring money back to Australia..especially if their house/apartment here also went up in value (most between 40 and 60% increase over last year or so).

...same probably also goes for the GB pound..good time to sell and go home..I suppose.
Ethos83 is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:42 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,082
Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of property is about to .............

As a prospective buyer at the start of the year I registered with many websites and estate agents. Subsequently I received lots of mailings on an almost daily basis.
These mailings not only contained listings....but also news and data...such as sales volumes and totals for Dubai / UAE.....constantly trumpeting new heights in sales transactions.

Now....not only do hear stories such as 'emmar sold nothing in october' but I also notice that I don't get the mailings I used to. They've all but dried up.

Will be interesting times the next 12 months.
Jeeper is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:54 pm
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,434
Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of property is about to .............

Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Has anone noticed the amount of property going up for sale, over the last couple of weeks dozens of properties have been placed on the market just on arabian ranches .......... but nothing is selling. Lets hope prices are going to drop
The Properties and Freehold section in Gulf News always weighed a minimum of 5 pounds...
Confucius is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:20 am
  #6  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of property is about to .............

Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
As a prospective buyer at the start of the year I registered with many websites and estate agents. Subsequently I received lots of mailings on an almost daily basis.
These mailings not only contained listings....but also news and data...such as sales volumes and totals for Dubai / UAE.....constantly trumpeting new heights in sales transactions.

Now....not only do hear stories such as 'emmar sold nothing in october' but I also notice that I don't get the mailings I used to. They've all but dried up.

Will be interesting times the next 12 months.
in the last month I have received daily about 6 e mails offering me properties for sale at a knockdown price.
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:54 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Moved to Mirdif
Posts: 319
Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of property is about to .............

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/53732...el-ali-fall-40
Alen1 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.