pre paid visa card

Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pre paid visa card

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you can get these for kids, as gifts! saw them in the bank
which bank BC?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
but why limit it to only spending 5 dhs...why not let you put as much as you want on it, that's what i don't understand...

MM, xx
you can put as much money as you want on the card and spend as little as you want in any particular place or shop. You can spend as little as 5 dbs. With a normal credit card, it wouldn't be accepted for such a small amount of money
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
you can put as much money as you want on the card and spend as little as you want in any particular place or shop. You can spend as little as 5 dbs. With a normal credit card, it wouldn't be accepted for such a small amount of money
i know that now, lol...i wouldn't bother with one, to be honest...

MM, xx
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
I get from this that you can use them for purchases as low as 5 Dhs

So....it's a switch card then? Nice to see the UAE at the forefront of retail banking innovation again...
Switch is linked to your current account isn't it?

This product is independent from your bank account
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i know that now, lol...i wouldn't bother with one, to be honest...

MM, xx
in saying that, would be good to have it to give to my helper instead of having to remember to get cash all the time...and for kids to have as a safety thing...

MM, xx
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Other uses

On line purchses over the net without some one hacking your credit card,

If the banking network is down, which in AD on 26th Dec, it was, I couldn't spend any money in the shops, i could have used my pre paid card to buy as it doesn't need pre authorization
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

in saying that, would be good to have it to give to my helper instead of having to remember to get cash all the time...and for kids to have as a safety thing...

MM, xx
yes there you go and you get a detailed statement.

You can use it internationally as well!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

yes there you go and you get a detailed statement.

You can use it internationally as well!
does it have a pin code though...it would be something to consider for the kids, but one of them has a habit of losing just about everything that isn't attached to his body...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
does it have a pin code though...it would be something to consider for the kids, but one of them has a habit of losing just about everything that isn't attached to his body...
you can opt for pin code if you want.

If they lose it, you call up and cancel just like your credit card

I think its a good idea, i would def get one for my boy, he is always losing money, pulls out of his pocket and drops a 50 at the same time
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:05 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

which bank BC?
I honestly can't remember, I saw it a while back and thought what a good idea for teenagers, give them allowance on a card.