Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

And the pound collapses........

And the pound collapses........

Old May 10th 2010, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And the pound collapses........

Originally Posted by Meow

You really do sound like the Daily Mail

It fell further due to idiotic individual investors panicking as they always do. And the certainty of uncertainty. And because most of the city was optimistically hoping for a Conservative victory and didn't get it.

The country is a mess and it just isn't going to get better for ages. Very depressing.

-
"Individual investors" do not move the exchange rate between two of the world's most important currencies by 3.3% in 18 hours. Anyway, no matter.

I agree that the country is in a mess now - look at my latest post in the General Election thread, for the UKIP leader's view on how it could all have been avoided.
Old May 10th 2010, 6:31 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

You really do sound like the Daily Mail

It fell further due to idiotic individual investors panicking as they always do. And the certainty of uncertainty. And because most of the city was optimistically hoping for a Conservative victory and didn't get it.

The country is a mess and it just isn't going to get better for ages. Very depressing.

-
Those are reasons for the collapse. Though it is not a total collapse, it is a collapse nonetheless.

I'm seriously thinking about selling the house in Hong Kong and exchanging to pounds- I'd make a killing!
Old May 10th 2010, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Same here: sell house in Sydney, move cash to the UK for 6 months, hope that currency rates improve and house prices crash in Oz simultaneously, then move money back and buy el mansione!
Old May 10th 2010, 7:10 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

I have faith and so shifted some money from Kuwait to my Euro ac because of the relative positions of those currencies with Sterling.

I just wish that Malibu Ken would come to our rescue and save the world.