Phil Hughes

Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:45 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phil Hughes

Tragic news this morning that he's passed away.

Not sure what can be done with modern helmets to completely protect players but hopefully lessons will be learned and changes made.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Re: Phil Hughes

Horrible news.

Would hate to think how Sean Abbott is feeling.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 10:01 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Tragic news this morning that he's passed away.

Not sure what can be done with modern helmets to completely protect players but hopefully lessons will be learned and changes made.
my understanding is alternative designs have already been proposed but they looked a bit odd so players refused to wear them.
I suspect that might change now
Old Nov 27th 2014, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

helmets in other sports such as baseball and hockey provide much better lower head protection. Cricket helmets are too much style over protection. I use this black helmet for hockey goalkeeping (with a cage attached). I've taken a lot of head shots over the years and would never dream of facing a ball at that speed with such a poorly designed helmet as they use in cricket.

Old Nov 28th 2014, 11:31 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Tragic news indeed. My heart goes out to his family and also to the poor sod who was bowling as it was not his fault at all. It was a freak accident and quite frankly there is no way to stop the ball hitting just below your ear while in a proper cricket stance unless one totally redesigns the helmet. And yes I agree that with the Media so active in international sports these days, it's more about how you look rather than how safe you are. In this context, I hate to admit it but the septics have had huge gains. Just look at the type of the gear they wear for their version of rugby, or ice hockey.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't imagine being someone who loved him and having that footage to go over again and again. So awful.