Pain

Old Nov 25th 2009, 8:37 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of
Default Pain

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/26/bu...ef=global-home

I will recommend to cover your arses, ladies and gents.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pain

Screw you Dubai lot, I'm in Abu Dhabi and we are considerably more richer than you

TBH I'm wondering how long it will be before Abu Dhabi gets hit as well.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

will this bring a different opinion on Big Mo's rule?
building a country with money he hasnt got
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

This is going to hurt.

For me it means at least another year without bonus...
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is hardly a surprise.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:42 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by klaus3974
This is going to hurt.

For me it means at least another year without bonus...
No way! They give YOU bonuses? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
It is a surprise, in a way, for a couple of reasons: it's an open game, with numbers (USD 80 B) and dates (another six months, so mark May 25th 2010 for your, ehm, "visa run") and for the fact that it reached the cover page (well, the home page at least) of the New York Times. I don't think that a turning back will be possible, nah. How's Jebel Ali doing? That could be the first to go...
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what impact this will have on Abu Dhabi? Seems like construction will be slowed here too.
http://www.building.co.uk/story.asp?...de=3154021&c=0

Last edited by soukie; Nov 26th 2009 at 11:58 am.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 12:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by soukie
I wonder what impact this will have on Abu Dhabi? Seems like construction will be slowed here too.
Interesting: maybe they're planning to use all of those empty building in Dubai... which, I guess, will be up for sale for a quite reasonable fare, quite reasonable one
Just guessing. Keep an eye on the cars' plates. When they'll change again, you will know for sure who's the boss in charge, ehehe.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
It is a surprise, in a way, for a couple of reasons: it's an open game, with numbers (USD 80 B) and dates (another six months, so mark May 25th 2010 for your, ehm, "visa run") and for the fact that it reached the cover page (well, the home page at least) of the New York Times. I don't think that a turning back will be possible, nah. How's Jebel Ali doing? That could be the first to go...
Well for me, it's sort of good news... I really hope Jebel Ali or some of the other ports that DP own come up for sale. I'd love to buy 'em...
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by soukie
This is a really interesting thought process... by limiting the construction work they are hoping to draw a line under rent falls (or potentially result in a boost to rents) in AD.

I wonder if they have considered the unintended consequence that could be redundancies as a result of a reduced level of construction, and therefore less demand... and hence rent falls.

The latter would be great ... get rid of all the idiots that frequent places like Captains or that awful place the Village at the One.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:32 pm
Banned

Well for me, it's sort of good news... I really hope Jebel Ali or some of the other ports that DP own come up for sale. I'd love to buy 'em...
Have a few quid to spare, mate? Anybody knows how's the traffic going in JA?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/26/bu...ef=global-home

I will recommend to cover your arses, ladies and gents.
OOOOPS!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8381258.stm

Fait vos jeux, madames et monsieurs! Fait vos jeux!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:36 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
Hieroglyphics on the wall by now.........
Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:28 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that the consensus view before this was the Dubai would meet its obligations, largely because:

1. They'd publicly said as much for the last month or two
2. Sheikh Mo had strongly implied AD would bail Dubai out pretty much however deep the hole was

It seems this has not happened. I imagine AD probably demanded too high a price and Dubai just could not swallow its pride enough to accept it. Probably they wanted anything of value in return and active control of Dubai govt. In the end they are in the driving seat, no one else would lend Dubai money because no one else has the power to get it back.

Unless Dubai back pedals on this (we've seen this happen before many times) and ends up agreeing to take it up the backside from AD, then Dubai is going to have a huge financial crisis because it simply does not have enough revenue now to fund servicing its debts or even just continuing running stuff. Already DEWA has supposedly doubled leccy bills.

If Dubai tries to bring in taxes, then I can see a wave more people leaving, and the economy nosedives even more.

They really have managed to screw themselves big time. I hope some of them can still remember how to pitch a tent and ride a camel, because they might be needing those skills sooner than they think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.