One For Beardman

Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:25 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One For Beardman

Originally Posted by Worldismine
This is in response to a question posed to beardman, regarding unreported rape in the middle east. I suggest we in the west look at our own back garden before pointing the finger at others; Source is the BBC. I have only copied the main parts, full atricle can be seen at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4452962.stm

"Fewer than 6% of reported rapes resulted in a conviction

Mr Yates said between 80% and 90% rapes went unreported, which meant police had a "substantial intelligence gap" as they could not assess the true pattern of offending."

Maybe people should gain the knowledge or do a bit of research before putting accusing posts on that imply "it happens there, but it don't happen here" kinda posts

Now, rape is less common the middle east, because as I said of certain circumstances such as opportunity to rape, fear of reprisals etc. Cases of rape victims being stoned or flogged are EXTREMELY RARE and when they do happen they miscarriages of justice that are not reflective of Islam—but then again headlines of victims being stoned, make better reading in the west then the more common headlines of Rapist being executed.

God bless you
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beard Man
God bless you
Shukran.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry to say so, Beardman but you are either naive or stupid if you think that Islamic extremists in countries such as Somalia and Afghanistan do not support the stoning of innocent rape victims. It may not be an Islamic principle but the trouble is mainly caused by the fanatics who use Islam to pursue their own political agenda.
First off, have you been to Afghanistan or Somalia? Or is your opinion based on the occasional headline that you hear? Somalia has been war torn and as a result ravaged by crime for decades. Did you know that the only time Somalia achieved any type of stability— a stability where rape decreased, piracy stopped and people could earn some money without being robbed, was when the UIC (Union of Islamic Courts) took control, Instead of the headlines being "Stability and peace for Mogadisho", the headlines were "cinemas closed down due to Sharia" Now what do you think Somalis value most, maybe you should refer to Maslows Hierarchy of needs. Needless to say when the US violated this peace and STARTED a proxy war using Ethiopia the stability DECREASED, crime increased, piracy resumed, cab drivers started having their takings stolen etc.... and the death rape increased. The headlines? "Cinemas reopen in Mogadisho" this is an insult to Somalis and anyone that understands the intricate link between media and politicsand that has an ounce of compassion for the suffering of others, regardless of differences in beliefs, race, lifestyle, education, looks etc, and makes a mockery of those that believe the media just report, with no hidden political agenda to manipulate public opinion and beliefs.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

neil_95051 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and what has that got to do with the abused maids we have here?

That shows what West think about the value human life. What do you think about the widows, children as a result of war? If you don't have respect for Arabs, then why are you living in an Arab Land? Just to exploit it more and more and then complain?

I am also British and I know that it's our Policy during the colonial time and present that has created all the problems world wide.

Dividing and ruling people , that happened in India, Pakistan, Palestine ..... now in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As long as you don't consider fellow human being as equal and respect their culture, you are are not civilized.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neil_95051
That shows what West think about the value human life. What do you think about the widows, children as a result of war? If you don't have respect for Arabs, then why are you living in an Arab Land? Just to exploit it more and more and then complain?

I am also British and I know that it's our Policy during the colonial time and present that has created all the problems world wide.

Dividing and ruling people , that happened in India, Pakistan, Palestine ..... now in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As long as you don't consider fellow human being as equal and respect their culture, you are are not civilized.
I understand and agree with your point, but blue cat is cool, although there are people here to whom your post is applicable. Although I do understand how it seems when someone dismisses the sufferings of one group of people based on who they are, or more probably who is causing their suffering

Last edited by Worldismine; Dec 24th 2008 at 3:57 pm.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 5:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil_95051

where did I say I don't have respect for Arabs
Old Dec 25th 2008, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, have you been to Afghanistan or Somalia? Or is your opinion based on the occasional headline that you hear? Somalia has been war torn and as a result ravaged by crime for decades. Did you know that the only time Somalia achieved any type of stability— a stability where rape decreased, piracy stopped and people could earn some money without being robbed, was when the UIC (Union of Islamic Courts) took control, Instead of the headlines being "Stability and peace for Mogadisho", the headlines were "cinemas closed down due to Sharia" Now what do you think Somalis value most, maybe you should refer to Maslows Hierarchy of needs. Needless to say when the US violated this peace and STARTED a proxy war using Ethiopia the stability DECREASED, crime increased, piracy resumed, cab drivers started having their takings stolen etc.... and the death rape increased. The headlines? "Cinemas reopen in Mogadisho" this is an insult to Somalis and anyone that understands the intricate link between media and politicsand that has an ounce of compassion for the suffering of others, regardless of differences in beliefs, race, lifestyle, education, looks etc, and makes a mockery of those that believe the media just report, with no hidden political agenda to manipulate public opinion and beliefs.
I am Kenyan and have many Somali friends back in Nairobi who would prefer to fight Islamic oppression than endure its constraints.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

This is in response to a question posed to beardman, regarding unreported rape in the middle east. I suggest we in the west look at our own back garden before pointing the finger at others; Source is the BBC. I have only copied the main parts, full atricle can be seen at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4452962.stm

"Fewer than 6% of reported rapes resulted in a conviction

Mr Yates said between 80% and 90% rapes went unreported, which meant police had a "substantial intelligence gap" as they could not assess the true pattern of offending."

Maybe people should gain the knowledge or do a bit of research before putting accusing posts on that imply "it happens there, but it don't happen here" kinda posts

Now, rape is less common the middle east, because as I said of certain circumstances such as opportunity to rape, fear of reprisals etc. Cases of rape victims being stoned or flogged are EXTREMELY RARE and when they do happen they miscarriages of justice that are not reflective of Islam—but then again headlines of victims being stoned, make better reading in the west then the more common headlines of Rapist being executed.
i will respond to this seeing as you have picked the bone..

I responded to Beardmans statement of 'women getting raped in the west' - as he insinuated that rape doesn't happen here.

as I already stated, the west does not hide its crimes, although yes in rape cases a number of victims will not wish to make the matter public/go through the pain of a potential court case/go through the ordeal with family and friends of being a rape victim, so choose to stay silent.
But at least in the west these people are more likely to be treated as victims and given support, unlike in the middle east, again I have already said this.

As for your quoted source article from the BBC..
80% and 90% rapes went unreported
that statement in itself demonstrates that its numbers are completely unproveable.

My point was and remains, that the support network for rape victims in europe means that these victims are far more likely to report the crime.

AND that the way that rape is treated in the middle east means that victims are a lot more likely to stay silent.

Let us hope that you are not gang raped at any point, as I will have little sympathy for you with this attitude. And yes it does happen to men here..

Last edited by admon; Dec 26th 2008 at 10:02 am.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:46 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
i will respond to this seeing as you have picked the bone..

I responded to Beardmans statement of 'women getting raped in the west' - as he insinuated that rape doesn't happen here.

as I already stated, the west does not hide its crimes, although yes in rape cases a number of victims will not wish to make the matter public/go through the pain of a potential court case/go through the ordeal with family and friends of being a rape victim, so choose to stay silent.
But at least in the west these people are more likely to be treated as victims and given support, unlike in the middle east, again I have already said this.

As for your quoted source article from the BBC..
80% and 90% rapes went unreported
that statement in itself demonstrates that its numbers are completely unproveable.

My point was and remains, that the support network for rape victims in europe means that these victims are far more likely to report the crime.

AND that the way that rape is treated in the middle east means that victims are a lot more likely to stay silent.

Let us hope that you are not gang raped at any point, as I will have little sympathy for you with this attitude. And yes it does happen to men here..

i never said or insinuated that rape dosen't happen here if you have a problem in understanding things that i say it is better for you to make sure first by asking me as i always do when i am not sure about what others are saying.

having so many centers to give proper support for vicitims of rape is a good thing (i never said it is bad) however, the huge number of these centers and call centers as well reflects that rape is happening so much in the west that's all.

i supported my ideas with two or links to statistics and worldismine added a study that 80 to 90 % are not reported which all support what i was saying

raping is happening alottttttttt in the west.

something is wrong. and something should be done to correct this wrong thing
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:05 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BM.

Happy New Year for Monday 29th December 1430.

MS
Attached Thumbnails One For Beardman-new_year.jpg  
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MacScot
Hi BM.

Happy New Year for Monday 29th December 1430.

MS

hi there hope everything is ok with you

is that your real picture by the way???

about the new islamic year. we don't (or we are not suppose) celebrate this event as it is not an islamic Eid. we only celebrate the well known two normal Eids the one after ramadan and the one that just finished

but many thanks for your kind message
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

hi there hope everything is ok with you

is that your real picture by the way???

about the new islamic year. we don't (or we are not suppose) celebrate this event as it is not an islamic Eid. we only celebrate the well known two normal Eids the one after ramadan and the one that just finished

but many thanks for your kind message
so it's just another excuse for a day off then
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so it's just another excuse for a day off then

you can say so.

some muslims celebrate this day which is something they are not suppose to do.

they are just copying what christians are doing.

so you can enjoy the day off
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:47 am
Concierge

you can say so.

every day is a day off for me
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

you can say so.

This December was my best month ever...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.