Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

ok, the blonde questions thread...

ok, the blonde questions thread...

Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, the blonde questions thread...

and a few of my daughters are blondes
Just how many daughters do you have?

And being a blonde I actually like being able to blame my mistakes on too much bleach! I believe there is some research that bleaching hair does actually reduce common sense....
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:59 pm
Banned

MrsBritain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
...i've got two questions which i know are a bit blonde, but i honestly don't know what the answers are, and i would like to know:

i. can you give raw meat to your dogs
ii. does sat nav on a car automatically get updated with new roads etc or do you need to do something...

anyone know...?

oh, and if anyone else has a blonde question they've been too scared to ask, feel free to post here, lol...

MM, xx
ask your vet not random people, and what do you think they eat naturally in the wild?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Just how many daughters do you have?

And being a blonde I actually like being able to blame my mistakes on too much bleach! I believe there is some research that bleaching hair does actually reduce common sense....
There was an article on the news today that said a study of 13,000 women showed that blondes earn on average 6% more than non-blondes.....and their husbands are on average wealthier by a similar margin.

This was in Australia mind....
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
...i've got two questions which i know are a bit blonde, but i honestly don't know what the answers are, and i would like to know:

i. can you give raw meat to your dogs
ii. does sat nav on a car automatically get updated with new roads etc or do you need to do something...

anyone know...?

oh, and if anyone else has a blonde question they've been too scared to ask, feel free to post here, lol...

MM, xx
I have been told not to give dogs raw meat. It can give them worms.
The meat is not as fresh as hunted meat would be. And dogs are pets, and are raised as uch, hence their intestine and stomach flora is different from that of wild animals.
Again, this is what I have been told. Have not researched it.
Maybe you should as a vet.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
The meat is not as fresh as hunted meat would be. And dogs are pets, and are raised as uch, hence their intestine and stomach flora is different from that of wild animals.
Stuff asking a vet...go straight to the top and ask google.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/raw-mea...dog/page1.aspx
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Puerto Plata
Firstly, since my wife and a few of my daughters are blondes I have to say the title of the thread is offensive.
i'm blonde...it's not offensive...

you seem strangely familiar, btw...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
thanks, this is exactly why i was wondering...will avoid i reckon, vets bills are expensive enough as it is without my adding to it...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, since my wife and a few of my daughters are blondes I have to say the title of the thread is offensive. But to answer your first question- Yes. I feed my dogs raw beef all the time. Dogs are not like people, they can eat other dogs crap and be no worse for the wear. You try that and you'll be in the hospital for a week
So you're saying that, as a human being, it's OK for me to eat other human crap, but not dog crap?

Pheeew - that was close................
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

PP- I dunno about that eating crap though.After his execution and burial, Saddam's body was dug up by his former son-in-law's family, who fed it to their dogs.Saddamlovers revel in (metaphorically) eatign that stuff, yet they don't seem to get sick. Maybe they have built upa tolerance after years of asslicking etc. MM- evolution takes millions of years.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

funnily enough...there is an article about dogfood in the 7 days today and it mentions this site...
I'd like to add that anyone who will actually cook their dogs their own dogfood needs to be put down as far as I am concerned...what a load of crap
oh, and vaguely related, not so long ago I read on EW that there are women that only give their cats bottled water...wtf

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/dog-food-recipes.html
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
funnily enough...there is an article about dogfood in the 7 days today and it mentions this site...
I'd like to add that anyone who will actually cook their dogs their own dogfood needs to be put down as far as I am concerned...what a load of crap
oh, and vaguely related, not so long ago I read on EW that there are women that only give their cats bottled water...wtf

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/dog-food-recipes.html
says the woman who removes all the bones from her cats' fish with a pair of tweezers...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

GPS - You will need to plug your GPS into your laptop / PC to update it, it doesn't happen automatically. The update may take place via a visit to the GPS manufacturers website OR with some, like TOMTOM for instance, you will need to install a software package on your laptop / PC which will carry out the upgrade for you. If you need more help, give me the specifics of the unit (make and model) and I will look into it for you
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
GPS - You will need to plug your GPS into your laptop / PC to update it, it doesn't happen automatically. The update may take place via a visit to the GPS manufacturers website OR with some, like TOMTOM for instance, you will need to install a software package on your laptop / PC which will carry out the upgrade for you. If you need more help, give me the specifics of the unit (make and model) and I will look into it for you
..and chances are dubai maps are often out of date..
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah they always are.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:08 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, since my wife and a few of my daughters are blondes I have to say the title of the thread is offensive. But to answer your first question- Yes. I feed my dogs raw beef all the time. Dogs are not like people, they can eat other dogs crap and be no worse for the wear. You try that and you'll be in the hospital for a week
Damn. Now you tell me. I'll have to throw away these lovely sandwiches that my wife made me now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.