Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Off-topic posts from "New word a day" thread

Off-topic posts from "New word a day" thread

Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Off-topic posts from "New word a day" thread

Hindi Numbers
  1. Ek
  2. Do
  3. Teen
  4. Char
  5. Parnche
  6. Che
  7. Sat
  8. Art
  9. No
  10. Das

Last edited by jackthehat; Jun 24th 2011 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A new word a day

Tagalog Numbers
Spanish Numbers are also used.
  1. Issa
  2. Dalawa
  3. Tatlo
  4. Apat
  5. Lima
  6. Anim
  7. Pito
  8. Walo
  9. Siyam
  10. Sampu

Last edited by jackthehat; Jun 24th 2011 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

And for tomorrow (Bukrah)

Arabic
صباح الخير
Sabal Hair
Good Morning

Tagalog
Magandang Umaga
Good Morning

Hindi
Namas sky
Good Morning

Russian
доброе утро
Dobre Outra
Good Morning
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
any misbehavior on this thread and Ill get my whip out so keep on topic as I actually want to learn something
Get the whip out KC - the thread is now off topic. Hindi, Tagalog, Russian
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soukie
Get the whip out KC - the thread is now off topic. Hindi, Tagalog, Russian
Most of us Expats in the UAE interact more with other Nationalities apart from the Arabic Speaking Nations. The Post was meant in 'Good Spirit.' Take a look at my previous posting, and you find that I have offered 'The Basics' in Hindi, Tagalog, and Russian, together with Arabic. I do not consider that I am going 'Off-Topic' at all - Just trying to help? However, if you consider this (in some way) wrong, I am prepared to capitulate, and deprive everyone of the benefit of having a few words and expressions used commonly in the Gulf Region.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Inspired by the youtube video of the girl with the big boobs teaching one japanese word a day I thought it could kinda work on here.- minus the video and the girl with the big boobs.

So can we learn one arabic word a day please- I know some of the regulars on here speak a certain ammount so am sure we can all learn something. If we can have it idiot proof please eg;

Shukran
Pronounced as shook_ran
Meaning- thank you

anyone else interested?

xxx
Seems clear to me.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soukie
Seems clear to me.
I was merely expressing an 'Opinion' in my previous post. If you wish to remain ignorant because something does not meet the 'Rules' then that is fine by me!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackthehat
I was merely expressing an 'Opinion' in my previous post. If you wish to remain ignorant because something does not meet the 'Rules' then that is fine by me!
why dont you just **** off and start a thread of hindi or whatever words

there's a good idiot
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by weasel central
why dont you just **** off and start a thread of hindi or whatever words

there's a good idiot
Word for the day in Arabic (ONLY)
الأحمق
Alahmakh (Phonetic)

Idiot (English)
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

play nicely or the whip comes out!

One word a day please- Im simple im still on the first page of this thread!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

play nicely or the whip comes out!

One word a day please- Im simple im still on the first page of this thread!
But Miss, all the teachers are picking on me!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Please stay to one language- as Im already speaking arabhindlish I dont need confusing any further!

And as I started this thread Im making the rules. No arguing- this is an educational thread- if you wanna row go do it on one im not reading! Only cuddles and love allowed on here! so boys zip it!

grrr!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Most of us Expats in the UAE interact more with other Nationalities apart from the Arabic Speaking Nations. The Post was meant in 'Good Spirit.' Take a look at my previous posting, and you find that I have offered 'The Basics' in Hindi, Tagalog, and Russian, together with Arabic. I do not consider that I am going 'Off-Topic' at all - Just trying to help? However, if you consider this (in some way) wrong, I am prepared to capitulate, and deprive everyone of the benefit of having a few words and expressions used commonly in the Gulf Region.
Just to reiterate - But if that is the way in which it goes, who am I to complain?
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No complaints just do as you're told!

Last edited by kittycat1; Jun 25th 2011 at 1:30 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

No complaints just do as your told!
Did you mean " . . . just do as you're told?" - Sorry Miss, I will go back to my desk!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.