Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Off-topic posts from Khalifa City thread

Off-topic posts from Khalifa City thread

Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off-topic posts from Khalifa City thread

Originally Posted by britchick35
well i'm not very experienced here but heres my two pennorths worth , when we moved here not too long ago i thought id hate the city always lived in villages apart from growing up where i lived in the town centre but our careers meant we were always in villages , but we drive, so you adapt , when i got to the city , i was intoxicated i loved it cabs groceries open until 1am plenty for kids to get to , we had a situation where we needed to move just company stuff and i was made a few offers and thought no way waste land compunds euhhhhhhhh!!! HOWEVER my hubby used his better judgement and said lets try we were offered an excellent deal at al raha whilst i though like you nice houses but not for me and my family, he gave me a shove and said lets get things into perspective they go to the school there , my job will move in 3 months to nearer there , mostly the company wil maintain it , its huge practically speaking its perfect, so i begrudgingly accepted i havent been in too long but its growing on me the folks are nice its pretty the kids love it they dont have a long drive to school and if the family are happy then my life is fine so you do need to look at things from a different perspective and say well we will give it a try if you dont like it one year on you can change and be looking in the meantime, if you stress to your family that you can drive most places it should be fine , i was determined to look really hard as i was sure something that was just my awkward cup of tea was out there the hunt was monotnous ( im very determined ) the family got sick and said aw mam we like it there ...the deal was done , and just to state ive been here a few weeks and i wont be moving anytime soon , so given the housing issues here maybe you need to reconsider ?By the way it stil is a better life as although it was party party party ( as much as you can with a few kids we now have to conform around school so there isnt as much opportunity to do anything more than we could in the city , but at weekends we hop in the car and off we go til when ever we like we are managing just fine...good luck with what ever you choose, im sure in the end it will be a better life than before it is for us and sometimes a change is a good as a rest ... all the best .
my head is hurting....for anyone else with a short attention span, she wanted to live in the city, now she lives in Al Raha and loves it...

Lifes too short to read all the auxilliary fullstoppless and paragraphless waffle

Last edited by Sue; Sep 11th 2008 at 11:19 am. Reason: As this thread was in the main forum and had gone really off-topic I split these posts into new thread
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

britchick35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thoughts on Khalifa City (B)

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
my head is hurting....for anyone else with a short attention span, she wanted to live in the city, now she lives in Al Raha and loves it...

Lifes too short to read all the auxilliary fullstoppless and paragraphless waffle
i don t love it, i accept it clearly some peoples careers are so mind numbing they have time to sit around being obnoxious fools with nothing better to do than sit at a message board half your life,pulling others to bits, whilst others are way too busy to care whether grammar is in place or not. message boards are a place for advice ,not a display of eloquence, since obviously you must have a phd in linguistics you should try to work on your people skills as obviously you are still trying to master the bombastic expat stance over here keep, trying son you;ll make it one day .
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britchick35
i don t love it, i accept it clearly some peoples careers are so mind numbing they have time to sit around being obnoxious fools with nothing better to do than sit at a message board half your life,pulling others to bits, whilst others are way too busy to care whether grammar is in place or not. message boards are a place for advice ,not a display of eloquence, since obviously you must have a phd in linguistics you should try to work on your people skills as obviously you are still trying to master the bombastic expat stance over here keep, trying son you;ll make it one day .
OK..... calm down kids !!!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, even your rant at me was long winded waffle?

And I have too much time on my hands???

I despair...

Have you actually been to kcb?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Bloody hell, even your rant at me was long winded waffle?

And I have too much time on my hands???

I despair...

Have you actually been to kcb?
looks like now we have 3 on here that have been using the same mold...scary
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

oh...account deleted...oh well
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:50 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking there's a lot of hypersensitivity around..........
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:53 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Eva
I'm thinking there's a lot of hypersensitivity around..........
applying facecream can help...but where to buy some
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
looks like now we have 3 on here that have been using the same mold...scary
PM me what you mean...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

applying facecream can help...but where to buy some
You'll end up back in the Head Mistress's room.............
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Eva
You'll end up back in the Head Mistress's room.............
oh well...things are a bit weird on here today...like you said...some hypersensitivity in the air...luckily it isn't normally like this or we'd all be crying constantly...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh well...things are a bit weird on here today...like you said...some hypersensitivity in the air...luckily it isn't normally like this or we'd all be crying constantly...

yeh but thanks to your helpful informative link...we all know where to get drops for that now...............'no more tears'
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Confucius
PM me what you mean...
sorry...the word is mould...not mold...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Eva
yeh but thanks to your helpful informative link...we all know where to get drops for that now...............'no more tears'
oh it was nothing...my pleasure
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

sorry...the word is mould...not mold...
Dont PM me then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.