Nuclear Madness

Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nuclear Madness

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Quote from Trump in the Irish Times:

“Wind farms are a disaster for Scotland, like Pan Am 103 [the 1988 bombing of a US bound flight]. They make people sick with the continuous noise. They’re an abomination and are only sustained with government subsidy,” he said. “Scotland is in the middle of a revolution against wind farms. People don’t want them near their homes ruining property values,”

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/s...sort-1.1688203

Wow!

I'm sure the people of Scotland are very grateful to have him speaking on their collective behalf, and I am as sure his interest has nothing to do with financial reward and everything to do with the people of Scotland's well being. What an uber-****!
Trump is a blowhard prone to making absurd statements. Didn't he bully some of the people adjoing his golf course?
Old Feb 15th 2014, 1:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There's no magic bullet for energy production in the UK. You need a mix of various energy sources, preferably renewable.

Personally I think we should be taking a serious look at geothermal. None of the drawbacks of the three main options currently being used, nuclear (it's safe), fossil (it's clean) or wind (works regardless of the weather).

We're not Iceland but done properly it would make a nice dent in our energy deficit and we wouldn't be beholden to the French and Chinese governments.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Terrible
Did you order the Code Red?
I would if I could, my American friend.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 7:09 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

And I've just ordered one of these...

Nuclear Madness-article-2558377-1b734c0800000578-806_634x501.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...l-designs.html
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:25 pm
Hit 16's

So, according to the Mail (sorry), the cost has now risen to £24bn, with EDF's profits guaranteed for 35 years.

Hinkley Point, first nuclear power station in a generation given go-ahead | Daily Mail Online

But no mention of that in the BBC's article, except that there would be a profit-share between EDF and the British public.

BBC News - Europe backs Hinkley nuclear plant

The government estimated last year that with new nuclear power - including Hinkley - the average energy bill in 2030 will be £77 lower than it would have been without the new plants.

I need to see the basis for that calculation. With Hinkley set to cost some 10 times that of a conventional coal-fired plant, how the hell will there be a saving?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:33 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
So, according to the Mail (sorry), the cost has now risen to £24bn, with EDF's profits guaranteed for 35 years.

Hinkley Point, first nuclear power station in a generation given go-ahead | Daily Mail Online

But no mention of that in the BBC's article, except that there would be a profit-share between EDF and the British public.

BBC News - Europe backs Hinkley nuclear plant

The government estimated last year that with new nuclear power - including Hinkley - the average energy bill in 2030 will be £77 lower than it would have been without the new plants.

I need to see the basis for that calculation. With Hinkley set to cost some 10 times that of a conventional coal-fired plant, how the hell will there be a saving?
I imagine that lots of people will receive significant savings to their offshore accounts
Old Apr 18th 2015, 9:31 am
Hit 16's

UK nuclear strategy faces meltdown as faults are found in identical French project

A “very serious” fault has been discovered in a French nuclear power station which is at the heart of David Cameron’s strategy to “keep the lights on” in Britain in the next decade.

The future of two nuclear reactors planned for Hinkley Point in Somerset has been thrown into doubt by the discovery of a potentially catastrophic mistake in the construction of an identical EPR power plant in Normandy.

Can't say I'm sorry.

UK nuclear strategy faces meltdown as faults are found in identical French project - Home News - UK - The Independent
Old Apr 18th 2015, 10:55 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Nuclear Madness

More than half of new global generation capacity added last year was renewable. I question if nuclear can even compete with solar on cost.

The energy strategy may be out of date.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the UK is one of the richest nations in the world, why the need for Chinese investment.

I think it is intentional to bring in outside , specifically Chinese funding, because the new world order is to make nations dependent on each other to a great extent and increase ties amongst nations so that nations and national elites can't be independent.

Problem is China is expanding in the South China Sea now so when at some point in the future they pull back on their expansionism, they would have already acquired a lot of new territory to keep.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:29 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Considering the UK is one of the richest nations in the world, why the need for Chinese investment.

I think it is intentional to bring in outside , specifically Chinese funding, because the new world order is to make nations dependent on each other to a great extent and increase ties amongst nations so that nations and national elites can't be independent.

Problem is China is expanding in the South China Sea now so when at some point in the future they pull back on their expansionism, they would have already acquired a lot of new territory to keep.
not to mention the extremely aggressive expansionist policy in Africa that China is embarked on.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva
not to mention the extremely aggressive expansionist policy in Africa that China is embarked on.
So do you think I am right about the Chinese investment being not about money but about deliberately creating a system of interdependence between nations?
Old Apr 19th 2015, 4:27 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
So do you think I am right about the Chinese investment being not about money but about deliberately creating a system of interdependence between nations?
cameron may see it that way but 1700 years out of the last 2000 say the chinese dont.

for only the last 300 years has chinas economy not been the largest in the wolrd. china will see it as an act of utter stupidity and will scarcely believe that we are letting them start to take over without even firing a shot.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva
cameron may see it that way but 1700 years out of the last 2000 say the chinese dont.

for only the last 300 years has chinas economy not been the largest in the wolrd. china will see it as an act of utter stupidity and will scarcely believe that we are letting them start to take over without even firing a shot.
Yeah the Chinese are ruthlessly survivalist. They don't care about Political Correctness, human rights or tolerance. Meanwhile Britain is scared of being called racist so they refrain from confronting Pakistani Brit pedophiles and refrain from calling out Islam for its intolerant theology.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

High time we required immigrants to subscribe to the 39 Articles, or as an alternative, to the Westminster Confession.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:02 pm
Hit 16's

Power, people, power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.