British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   A note to the 'Special People' (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/note-special-people-638675/)

captaincaveman Nov 2nd 2009 3:04 pm

A note to the 'Special People'

When i moved into my nice new apartment in Doha - all was wonderful. I was first there.

Then the special people moved in.

You know them, the ones who believe their childs play is more important than your precious home time after work. The ones who's children ride their bikes inside the building.

Another breed of special people have arrived too. Pet owners. Walking from my car today to the lift and oops, little doggy leaves a puddle in the courtyard. The eurotrash woman with the dog just told the dog what a good boy he was and walked off.

Getting a villa next time. Perhaps its just me getting old - just cannot stand other people anymore.

:frown:

Ray Nov 2nd 2009 4:22 pm

Re: A note to the 'Special People'

The Pikeys are coming next week ....

Wanna buy some lucky heather

GrecoRomano Nov 2nd 2009 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 8064871)
The Pikeys are coming next week ....

Wanna buy some lucky heather

"I fvcking hate pickeys".

commander Nov 3rd 2009 3:25 am

Originally Posted by captaincaveman (Post 8064688)
When i moved into my nice new apartment in Doha - all was wonderful. I was first there.

You know them, the ones who believe their childs play is more important than your precious home time after work. The ones who's children ride their bikes inside the building.

Another breed of special people have arrived too. Pet owners. Walking from my car today to the lift and oops, little doggy leaves a puddle in the courtyard. The eurotrash woman with the dog just told the dog what a good boy he was and walked off.

Getting a villa next time. Perhaps its just me getting old - just cannot stand other people anymore.

no way...a dog never did a pee in the courtyard. I think along with bags for shit, all dog owners should carry with them a bucket, a mop and some bleach.

FFS..you must be the neighbour from hell

admon Nov 3rd 2009 4:22 am

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano (Post 8065168)

Whats a 'pickey'?

A choosy pikey?

eylesda Nov 3rd 2009 4:27 am

My first apartment had a Brit hooker living above us, most mornings around 3 we'd hear the headboard banging againt the wall.

No use complaining to management as she was doing the bulding owner as well!

After a week I asked her to kindly keep the noise down. She apologized and we've been mates since.

Maybe try talking to your new neighbours.

commander Nov 3rd 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 8066257)
My first apartment had a Brit hooker living above us, most mornings around 3 we'd hear the headboard banging againt the wall.

No use complaining to management as she was doing the bulding owner as well!

After a week I asked her to kindly keep the noise down. She apologized and we've been mates since.

Maybe try talking to your new neighbours.

have you mated with her?

eylesda Nov 3rd 2009 6:06 am

Wifey would love that I'm sure.

Nic1 Nov 3rd 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano (Post 8065168)

My kids love that movie!

Norm_uk Nov 3rd 2009 7:25 am

Can't you complain to the security/watchman and landlord?

I had this problem in Dubai a few years ago and wrote to the Landlord about it. His office sent a memo to all tenants saying they would not renew the rent of anyone who allows their children to play in the corridors...and it seems they were true to their word because the name time next year the building was very peaceful.

N.

seven seas Nov 3rd 2009 11:17 am

Do what I do- smear animal blood along the walls in the corridor and the kids will stay away.

Alexa Nov 3rd 2009 11:20 am

You could walk your pet pig in the corridor during rush hour...

captaincaveman Nov 3rd 2009 1:23 pm

By courtyard i mean a nice cobbled area with benches, plants and trees. Why not take your dog outside the communal area (nice big stretch of sand outside the building) rather than where people should have a chance to enjoy it. The mentality of some people is bollocks to the rest of you.

Maybe its Victor Meldrew but hell - for 25,000 pounds a year i want no pet piss and steaming piles in my fuggin courtyard.:thumbdown:

StublueKPL Nov 3rd 2009 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8067073)
Do what I do- smear animal blood along the walls in the corridor and the kids will stay away.

:lol::lol::lol:

Norm_uk Nov 8th 2009 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8067073)

And as a bonus if you use lamb's blood it keeps away the angel of death should the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob decide to purge the first born of the land so that's not too bad going really :p

N.