Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A note to the 'Special People'

A note to the 'Special People'

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A note to the 'Special People'

When i moved into my nice new apartment in Doha - all was wonderful. I was first there.

Then the special people moved in.

You know them, the ones who believe their childs play is more important than your precious home time after work. The ones who's children ride their bikes inside the building.

Another breed of special people have arrived too. Pet owners. Walking from my car today to the lift and oops, little doggy leaves a puddle in the courtyard. The eurotrash woman with the dog just told the dog what a good boy he was and walked off.

Getting a villa next time. Perhaps its just me getting old - just cannot stand other people anymore.

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A note to the 'Special People'

The Pikeys are coming next week ....

Wanna buy some lucky heather
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:47 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray
The Pikeys are coming next week ....

Wanna buy some lucky heather
"I fvcking hate pickeys".
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:25 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captaincaveman
When i moved into my nice new apartment in Doha - all was wonderful. I was first there.

You know them, the ones who believe their childs play is more important than your precious home time after work. The ones who's children ride their bikes inside the building.

Another breed of special people have arrived too. Pet owners. Walking from my car today to the lift and oops, little doggy leaves a puddle in the courtyard. The eurotrash woman with the dog just told the dog what a good boy he was and walked off.

Getting a villa next time. Perhaps its just me getting old - just cannot stand other people anymore.

no way...a dog never did a pee in the courtyard. I think along with bags for shit, all dog owners should carry with them a bucket, a mop and some bleach.

FFS..you must be the neighbour from hell
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
Whats a 'pickey'?

A choosy pikey?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:27 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

My first apartment had a Brit hooker living above us, most mornings around 3 we'd hear the headboard banging againt the wall.

No use complaining to management as she was doing the bulding owner as well!

After a week I asked her to kindly keep the noise down. She apologized and we've been mates since.

Maybe try talking to your new neighbours.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:12 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eylesda
My first apartment had a Brit hooker living above us, most mornings around 3 we'd hear the headboard banging againt the wall.

No use complaining to management as she was doing the bulding owner as well!

After a week I asked her to kindly keep the noise down. She apologized and we've been mates since.

Maybe try talking to your new neighbours.
have you mated with her?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:06 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Wifey would love that I'm sure.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
My kids love that movie!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:25 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you complain to the security/watchman and landlord?

I had this problem in Dubai a few years ago and wrote to the Landlord about it. His office sent a memo to all tenants saying they would not renew the rent of anyone who allows their children to play in the corridors...and it seems they were true to their word because the name time next year the building was very peaceful.

N.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Do what I do- smear animal blood along the walls in the corridor and the kids will stay away.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

You could walk your pet pig in the corridor during rush hour...
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point

By courtyard i mean a nice cobbled area with benches, plants and trees. Why not take your dog outside the communal area (nice big stretch of sand outside the building) rather than where people should have a chance to enjoy it. The mentality of some people is bollocks to the rest of you.

Maybe its Victor Meldrew but hell - for 25,000 pounds a year i want no pet piss and steaming piles in my fuggin courtyard.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seven seas
Do what I do- smear animal blood along the walls in the corridor and the kids will stay away.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:41 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
And as a bonus if you use lamb's blood it keeps away the angel of death should the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob decide to purge the first born of the land so that's not too bad going really

N.