Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Not much Gloating on here.....

Not much Gloating on here.....

Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:32 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice
Default Not much Gloating on here.....

So i thought I would just add a thread to say well done England.

You have a very good habit of beating the PROPER POMS when it matters.

next the frnch, then revenge against South Africa (one can hope)

Who saw the game, unfortunately was at work as we are still on Thursday Friday weekends here in Muscat. Was our pack and front row as dominant as they say.

Also gets SYB mind off of Lewis (i will now lose the world championship to team orders)Hamilton
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not much Gloating on here.....

Originally Posted by justin riseborough
So i thought I would just add a thread to say well done England.

You have a very good habit of beating the PROPER POMS when it matters.

next the frnch, then revenge against South Africa (one can hope)

Who saw the game, unfortunately was at work as we are still on Thursday Friday weekends here in Muscat. Was our pack and front row as dominant as they say.

Also gets SYB mind off of Lewis (i will now lose the world championship to team orders)Hamilton
To be honest, the car gets me more excited than the driver!!

Yep, watched the match last night with my bro in law. We went in there expecting England to get the crap kicked out of them, and after the Aussies scored the first penalty (within 5 mins??) the derision was voluble... Then England clawed their way back, only to let the Aussies score a try immediately after... What a see-saw, eh?
IMHO, England really weren't that convincing - they missed a lot of penalties, and got very lucky with unforced errors and fumbles... But I'm not a rugby person, really - could be wrong. Great result, tho.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond reputeBuzz Lightyear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
To be honest, the car gets me more excited than the driver!!

Yep, watched the match last night with my bro in law. We went in there expecting England to get the crap kicked out of them, and after the Aussies scored the first penalty (within 5 mins??) the derision was voluble... Then England clawed their way back, only to let the Aussies score a try immediately after... What a see-saw, eh?
IMHO, England really weren't that convincing - they missed a lot of penalties, and got very lucky with unforced errors and fumbles... But I'm not a rugby person, really - could be wrong. Great result, tho.
Gloat gloat gloat gloat...can i stop im board now...
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

England's scrum destroyed the Aussie's again, was brilliant to watch. At least they didn't pretend to be injured this time!

Anyway, England played the game they needed to; very agressive at the breakdown always putting Gregan (or Greygan as the commentator kept calling him:curse under pressure and not allowing the Aussi backs any space. I think we made plenty of chances but just lacked that killer instinct for the final pass.

The French were better last night, I think we'll struggle against them. Although NZ put a lot of pressure on their scrum and lineout so that could be an area to target. SO much for the death of Northern Hemisphere rugby and these all Southern semifinals they were talking about! All we need is for Scotland to do a number on the Argies and we'll be laughing! Eng-SA final, SA to win is my prediction.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
England's scrum destroyed the Aussie's again, was brilliant to watch. At least they didn't pretend to be injured this time!

Anyway, England played the game they needed to; very agressive at the breakdown always putting Gregan (or Greygan as the commentator kept calling him:curse under pressure and not allowing the Aussi backs any space. I think we made plenty of chances but just lacked that killer instinct for the final pass.

The French were better last night, I think we'll struggle against them. Although NZ put a lot of pressure on their scrum and lineout so that could be an area to target. SO much for the death of Northern Hemisphere rugby and these all Southern semifinals they were talking about! All we need is for Scotland to do a number on the Argies and we'll be laughing! Eng-SA final, SA to win is my prediction.
What you think England can beat Scotland ???
Old Oct 7th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Why not they have before and I hope they wop the a..es off the Argies tonight
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
What you think England can beat Scotland ???
England won't play Scotland unless Scotland beat Argentina and then South Africa. Although an ENgland-Scotland final would be great it would divide my loyalties as I'm English born and bred but Scotish by blood.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
England won't play Scotland unless Scotland beat Argentina and then South Africa. Although an ENgland-Scotland final would be great it would divide my loyalties as I'm English born and bred but Scotish by blood.
Oh dear guess we are going home, boys enjoyed the party
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:35 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

we were shit and deserve to be going home. we had a 20 min spell at the end where we put on the pressure but apart from that we were appaling. doesnt matter much, we would have been stuffed by south africa anyways.