No hurricane here

Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:16 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default No hurricane here

HURRICANE HOAX: This is the image that accompanied the email warning that a hurricane was about it hit the Gulf.

Dubai Meteorology Office has rubbished a regional hurricane email warning currently doing the rounds of inboxes throughout the Gulf.

A Met office spokesperson told Arabian Business on Tuesday it was expecting a "deluge" of enquiries following the hoax, which warns "the US Navy expects the arrival of a hurricane to the Sultanate of Oman, and then to the Saudi capital Riyadh where it will be at it's most power".

“Delete it, that’s my advice,” the spokesperson said.

According to the bogus warning, which is illustrated with an image of the likely impact area, the anticipated hurricane will be directed towards the Arabian Peninsula until it reaches Riyadh.

The email warns that 70 millimetres of rain will hit Riyadh, while Dubai will receive "heavy rains with strong winds, and thunderstorms and hail on Friday and Saturday".

According to the forecast, Abu Dhabi was also set to get heavy rains with strong winds, as were Doha and Manama, Bahrain.

The Met office said careful examination of the illustration would reveal the nonsensical wording of the email.

Meanwhile, the real weather forecast this week is for hazy, humid and sunny days with average daily temperatures of 37 degree Celsius.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
hurricane.bmp (111.6 KB, 63 views)
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:18 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No hurricane here

That's a shame (from AD point of view, not SA, obviously). It would be nice to experience some more diverse weather.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this yesterday - send on by an Etihad employee. After some basic research into the sources quotes, I did indeed delete it...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:27 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
I saw this yesterday - send on by an Etihad employee. After some basic research into the sources quotes, I did indeed delete it...
I am a bit behind with my emails.
I did get the original one at 8.10am yesterday but read the one about it being a hoax before I read the one about the hurricane

It is lovely here in Dubai Sam; quite windy and pretty cool for this time of year. just very very dusty
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:51 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
SPAM emails like this highlight how easily fooled the vast majority of people are.

Snopes.com should be required learning at school.

N.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:54 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slingshot
It is lovely here in Dubai Sam; quite windy and pretty cool for this time of year. just very very dusty
Oh, what I wouldn't do for a lovely, miserable, rainy day
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:05 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Oh, what I wouldn't do for a lovely, miserable, rainy day
Go on...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slingshot
HURRICANE HOAX: This is the image that accompanied the email warning that a hurricane was about it hit the Gulf.

Dubai Meteorology Office has rubbished a regional hurricane email warning currently doing the rounds of inboxes throughout the Gulf.

A Met office spokesperson told Arabian Business on Tuesday it was expecting a "deluge" of enquiries following the hoax, which warns "the US Navy expects the arrival of a hurricane to the Sultanate of Oman, and then to the Saudi capital Riyadh where it will be at it's most power".

“Delete it, that’s my advice,” the spokesperson said.

According to the bogus warning, which is illustrated with an image of the likely impact area, the anticipated hurricane will be directed towards the Arabian Peninsula until it reaches Riyadh.

The email warns that 70 millimetres of rain will hit Riyadh, while Dubai will receive "heavy rains with strong winds, and thunderstorms and hail on Friday and Saturday".

According to the forecast, Abu Dhabi was also set to get heavy rains with strong winds, as were Doha and Manama, Bahrain.

The Met office said careful examination of the illustration would reveal the nonsensical wording of the email.

Meanwhile, the real weather forecast this week is for hazy, humid and sunny days with average daily temperatures of 37 degree Celsius.
How do you know it will NOT happen??? Do you know what's waiting behind your door when you open it???