Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Welcome to the Middle East Hideho!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

HiDeHo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Welcome to the Middle East Hideho!
Haaaa....thought the weather was a bit warm for this time of the year!

I guess I lost my way again and I havent even had a 'comfy cosy drink' yet!

My brother was in Aden in 1960 and I went to Majorca 1970 but I guess that doesn't qualify me either right?

Best get back to where I should be...wherever that is! lol

Nice meeting you!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hideho- I'm not sure anyone comes here on purpose!
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Shawshanker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
welcome to BE
Thanks! - ooh nice burger pics on your blog, did you find any that toast the bun at all? Tempted to stick with cheapo McD's tho, given the some of the places you mention are charging...
Old Dec 6th 2012, 7:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shawshanker
Thanks! - ooh nice burger pics on your blog, did you find any that toast the bun at all? Tempted to stick with cheapo McD's tho, given the some of the places you mention are charging...
South St Burger were superb in IBN Battuta
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Prolific lurker here otherwise known as Equestra. Have lived & worked in the UAE for 3 yrs now with my husband and continue to love the sandy madness.

Love the forum so finally thought I'd join in with my odd bit of well intentioned drivel
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Equestra

Prolific lurker here otherwise known as Equestra. Have lived & worked in the UAE for 3 yrs now with my husband and continue to love the sandy madness.

Love the forum so finally thought I'd join in with my odd bit of well intentioned drivel
welcome
Old Dec 8th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Thanks Blue Cat :-)
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Jochram is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my wife and I will be moving out to the UAE next year, myself in January and my wife about 3 months later.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jochram
Hi all, my wife and I will be moving out to the UAE next year, myself in January and my wife about 3 months later.
Hello and welcome to BE
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Sav123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

27 year old single male moving from London to Doha in Feb 2013! Looking forward to the experience and any help i may get along the way from this site!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:53 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sav123
Hello everyone,

27 year old single male moving from London to Doha in Feb 2013! Looking forward to the experience and any help i may get along the way from this site!
welcome
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

JLF1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm Jason from the UK. I joined the forum a few days.....and I must say, wow what a friendly bunch and an invaluable source of information and inspiration!
I'm thinking of moving to Abu Dhabi with my wife and daughter after a job offer. My wifes not quite sure, it would be a big step for all of us, so I suppose we're looking for reassurance and lots of info. Just waiting for contract details to arrive so doing as much research as possible.
Hi to everyone again and thanks in advance to all the questions we'll probably be asking ;-)
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Guisborough Lad is an unknown quantity at this point

New to this site, just joined ahead of my re-location to Doha at the end of the month (jan 2013) . My wife and I are really excited about living and working in UAE, although resident in Doha m job role will see me travel the gulf weekly.
Originally from Teesside, been living in Manchester for te past 12 years. Big rugby and footy fans (utd) , all that is about to stop I guess! Still there is sailing and treks in the desert t look forward too. Best regards to all - John J.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to you both. I hope you enjoy being members of BE.
Originally Posted by JLF1970
Hi there,

I'm Jason from the UK. I joined the forum a few days.....and I must say, wow what a friendly bunch and an invaluable source of information and inspiration!
I'm thinking of moving to Abu Dhabi with my wife and daughter after a job offer. My wifes not quite sure, it would be a big step for all of us, so I suppose we're looking for reassurance and lots of info. Just waiting for contract details to arrive so doing as much research as possible.
Hi to everyone again and thanks in advance to all the questions we'll probably be asking ;-)
Originally Posted by Guisborough Lad
New to this site, just joined ahead of my re-location to Doha at the end of the month (jan 2013) . My wife and I are really excited about living and working in UAE, although resident in Doha m job role will see me travel the gulf weekly.
Originally from Teesside, been living in Manchester for te past 12 years. Big rugby and footy fans (utd) , all that is about to stop I guess! Still there is sailing and treks in the desert t look forward too. Best regards to all - John J.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.