Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Celestias
New here, 23 years old, Computer Engineer at Microsoft, Kuwait. Where can I find fellow expats in Kuwait? Thank you :-)
Originally Posted by Ned11
Hi there, I have been offered a position to Dubai and thought I'd get some info from yourselves.
Originally Posted by Round-Bum
I've been lurking for a few weeks and figured it was time to jump in!

I am heading out to KSA early in November, trying to get a joint venture between a Saudi and an Irish comapny up and running. It will be mostly meeting and greeting and getting a feel for what's needed up to Christmas, then, all being well, hit the ground running in the new year.

I've no idea what my accommodation will be yet, possibly a hotel before Christmas and apartment/compound in the New Year. All will be revealed, I'm sure

I'm sure I'll have plenty of bone questions for you in due course, but for now I'm just heading out and seeing what's what!

Already regretting the username. It's what my (soon to be ex) mother in law used to call me because I could never settle

Nice little corner of the site here, looking forward to being a part of it
Originally Posted by corblimysextus
Yet another newbie. UK spine surgeon with wife and 3 daughters coming to Doha to try out Al Wakra and to lecture at the Uni.

Will try to find other medics for salary advice and to find out how the system works!
Originally Posted by TheFlameThrower
New to the forum, but not the region.
Not long in Bahrain but going slightly mad with the lack of social activities that don't revolve around being gouged by hotels / bars.

Also looking for a good quality mechanic that:
a. is honest
b. is reliable
c. is actually a mechanic
d. can speak English (not Hinglish or Erabic)
e. has a clean and tidy workshop

Do we ask too much????
Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
hello
new here and new to dxb
not brit but been working with the irish for a long time (some would say any amount of time is too long)
in IT and got my own office and all in bur dubai
i like beer and thats about it!

Welcome to BE
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

mull is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by corblimysextus
Yet another newbie. UK spine surgeon with wife and 3 daughters coming to Doha to try out Al Wakra and to lecture at the Uni.

Will try to find other medics for salary advice and to find out how the system works!
Will you be working for HMC?? I have been offered a position with them and would like to find out what they are like?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

mull is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
I hope to be coming to Doha in the new year and would like to hear from anyone who has any tips for survival (other than don't go) and to make a few friends before I get there! I will be working for HMC if anyone has any info on them it would be gratefully received.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 8:26 am
Just Joined

GumbaGumba is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I'm new to the forum. I have just accepted a job in Abu Dhabi and going through all the checks.... hoping all goes well and if it does I will be moving early 2013. Hubby will follow a few months later with our dog (a 11.5 year old black lab) and our 2 cats (one 12 years old and a 2.5 year old)

I'm French, hubby British and we live in the UK.

I really hope all goes well and we get to meet you all soon.

B

Last edited by GumbaGumba; Nov 9th 2012 at 8:28 am. Reason: Added location
Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GumbaGumba
Hello

I'm new to the forum. I have just accepted a job in Abu Dhabi and going through all the checks.... hoping all goes well and if it does I will be moving early 2013. Hubby will follow a few months later with our dog (a 11.5 year old black lab) and our 2 cats (one 12 years old and a 2.5 year old)

I'm French, hubby British and we live in the UK.

I really hope all goes well and we get to meet you all soon.

B
Hi,

Nice to meet you and welcome to BE!
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

GumbaGumba is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi,

Nice to meet you and welcome to BE!
Hi Sue

Thank you :-)

B
Old Nov 11th 2012, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

vickibowen5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm Vicki

Just moved to Abu Dhabi last week from the UK. Just trying to get my daughter in a good school (shes 13) and I'm feeling abit lost here
Old Nov 12th 2012, 2:04 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickibowen5
Hi I'm Vicki

Just moved to Abu Dhabi last week from the UK. Just trying to get my daughter in a good school (shes 13) and I'm feeling abit lost here
Hi and welcome to BE, I am in Dubai so do not know about AD schools but do a search as there are quite a few threads on this. It is daunting at first but hopefully you and your da ugh tear will settle quickly. Hope all goes well.

Last edited by rowell; Nov 12th 2012 at 2:09 am.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickibowen5
Hi I'm Vicki

Vicky you need to speak with Busybee she is in AD and knows all the schools
Old Nov 25th 2012, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

siddiqui is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

I just arrived in riyadh a week ago I came here to look for jobs I am not british but I joined here because this was the only best expat forums I could find that had all my answers.

Am I allowed here because I am not british citizen?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 11:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siddiqui
Hi Everyone

I just arrived in riyadh a week ago I came here to look for jobs I am not british but I joined here because this was the only best expat forums I could find that had all my answers.

Am I allowed here because I am not british citizen?
Yes, all are welcome here
Old Nov 26th 2012, 12:08 am
Just Joined

siddiqui is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Yes, all are welcome here
I am delighted this forum is really great for expats.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Shawshanker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all!

I'm working and living in the UAE and finding it an... interesting experience. Did most of the visa/residence paperwork myself and it was particularly elucidating seeing how government offices 'work' over here, I thought Manchester City Council had inefficiency mastered!

Are any Brits living in Northern Emirates, especially anyone playing sports?

Take care
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:44 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Shawshanker
Hello all!

I'm working and living in the UAE and finding it an... interesting experience. Did most of the visa/residence paperwork myself and it was particularly elucidating seeing how government offices 'work' over here, I thought Manchester City Council had inefficiency mastered!

Are any Brits living in Northern Emirates, especially anyone playing sports?

Take care
welcome to BE
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

HiDeHo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
I'm originally from North London but now living near Toronto Canada.

I miss a lot of the Brit items, food etc. but love living here in Canada and have been here for 37 years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.