British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   New Years Even plans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-years-even-plans-819680/)

The_Citizen Dec 30th 2013 5:04 pm

Re: New Years Even plans

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11055285)
I'm staying in, few friends, drinks, nibbles, champers and a view of the Khalifa.

**** going out.
**** giving a hotel 200+ quid per person for anything.
**** trying to get a cab.
**** NYE anyway, it's a wank night. Hated it ever since my old local tried to charge 30 quid a head to just get in.

:goodpost:

Friends party for me as well.

Ste390 Dec 30th 2013 5:44 pm

Hey Guys,

Is there anyone going to be out and about in Bahrain tomorrow night for NYE?

Iv just recently moved to The Magic Kingdom from Doha and will be in Bahrain with work during the day tomorrow and am not one to waste the chance of being in Bahrain for a few bevys.

Iv looked at what the bars are offering but as I will be in country on my own would prefer not to be the only one sitting at the bar all night!

Sorry to sound like a bit of a weirdo :-s but any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

mentalist Dec 31st 2013 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11055390)
I am going out with some friends on their yacht, sailing from DOSC. I have a driver who will drop us off and eventually take us home. Sailing out to 1 of the islands, having a BBQ and cocktails onboard and then sailing closer inshore to watch the fireworks .. I am looking forward to it :-D

We considered renting a hot air balloon with a basket of champers for the evening and watching the fireworks from close at hand, but Lloyds Underwriters refused to insure the venture. Instead, we will be recording it all off the TV and watching it when we get up at 7am next day as we will probably be in snoozeland by 11pm on NYE

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 31st 2013 5:27 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 11056575)
We considered renting a hot air balloon with a basket of champers for the evening and watching the fireworks from close at hand, but Lloyds Underwriters refused to insure the venture. Instead, we will be recording it all off the TV and watching it when we get up at 7am next day as we will probably be in snoozeland by 11pm on NYE

The epitome of rock and roll.

Blue Cat Dec 31st 2013 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11055727)
Thanks darling.. Happy New Year to you and the family xxx

thank you :)

Blue Cat Dec 31st 2013 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Ste390 (Post 11055944)
Hey Guys,

Iv just recently moved to The Magic Kingdom from Doha and will be in Bahrain with work during the day tomorrow and am not one to waste the chance of being in Bahrain for a few bevys.

Iv looked at what the bars are offering but as I will be in country on my own would prefer not to be the only one sitting at the bar all night!

Cheers

Steve

welcome to BE, most of us posting are in Dubai but I am sure you will find something to go to in Bahrain :)

The Dean Dec 31st 2013 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Ste390 (Post 11055944)
Hey Guys,

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

The Warbler (at the Baisan International) is always a good night..........

britexpat76 Dec 31st 2013 6:57 am

Rugby club here as its free to get in and will be a good atmosphere in between the odd bottle flying about and punches.

BEVS Dec 31st 2013 6:58 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11056676)
Rugby club here as its free to get in and will be a good atmosphere in between the odd bottle flying about and punches.

Rats. Rats and more rats.

This was always our NYE when back in the UK. We've had the most ace times.

Here , it will be bedtime before midnight. Whatever have we come to. :lol:

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 31st 2013 7:39 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11056680)
Here , it will be bedtime before midnight. Whatever have we come to. :lol:

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11056587)
The epitome of rock and roll.

;)

Patsy Stoned Dec 31st 2013 10:04 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 11056575)

Hahhaaaaa.. you are too funny darling.. 1stly they don't allow balloon flights at night here, 2nd, they definitely wouldn't allow you to hover around the Palm area! AND the 1 big give away....You buying Champagne???? :rofl::rofl:
Anyway they are live streaming it on Youtube so you can watch it whilst drinking your Asti Spumante sweetie :D

mentalist Dec 31st 2013 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11056850)
Hahhaaaaa.. you are too funny darling.. 1stly they don't allow balloon flights at night here, 2nd, they definitely wouldn't allow you to hover around the Palm area! AND the 1 big give away....You buying Champagne???? :rofl::rofl:

Sadly, a barrel of draught Guinness wouldn't have fit in the basket, not along with the kitten, the six budgies, two hamsters and not forgetting my family too.:D

Alexa Dec 31st 2013 10:53 am

2 parties at friend's houses to go to. As we are in Dohell, there won't be any fireworks. People are lucky if THEY don't close down the NYE parties in the hotels an hour before they are to start.
Happy New Year to all. :)

Blue Cat Dec 31st 2013 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11056850)
Anyway they are live streaming it on Youtube so you can watch it whilst drinking your Asti Spumante sweetie :D

do you mean cheap white rubbish :p

Kix Dec 31st 2013 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11056667)
Hi Steve

The Warbler (at the Baisan International) is always a good night..........

Be afraid.... be very afraid....