British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   New Years Even plans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-years-even-plans-819680/)

Blue Cat Dec 30th 2013 6:59 am

New Years Even plans

What is everyone doing to celebrate the New Year? we will be at home and if I am still awake I might venture onto the roof to watch the fireworks, there again I will probably be in bed. Not a huge fan of New Year.

NorthernLad Dec 30th 2013 7:00 am

Re: New Years Even plans

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11055206)
What is everyone doing to celebrate the New Year? we will be at home and if I am still awake I might venture onto the roof to watch the fireworks, there again I will probably be in bed. Not a huge fan of New Year.

The Palm is on lockdown. Reading the letter from Nakheel you cannot walk anywhere from 10:30pm until 1:00am.

The Dean Dec 30th 2013 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11055206)

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get 'New Year's Even' renamed as 'New Year's Eve'..........

Blue Cat Dec 30th 2013 7:13 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11055209)
The Palm is on lockdown. Reading the letter from Nakheel you cannot walk anywhere from 10:30pm until 1:00am.

I don't envy anyone who lives on The Palm to be honest with you.

Blue Cat Dec 30th 2013 7:20 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11055211)
I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get 'New Year's Even' renamed as 'New Year's Eve'..........

apologies, blonde :p

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 30th 2013 8:25 am

I'm staying in, few friends, drinks, nibbles, champers and a view of the Khalifa.

**** going out.
**** giving a hotel 200+ quid per person for anything.
**** trying to get a cab.
**** NYE anyway, it's a wank night. Hated it ever since my old local tried to charge 30 quid a head to just get in.

Meow Dec 30th 2013 9:32 am

Table 9 tonight and DOSC with friends tomorrow night. It's walking distance from our house so no cab hassles and it's cheap too. :)

Blue Cat Dec 30th 2013 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11055322)
Table 9 tonight and DOSC with friends tomorrow night. It's walking distance from our house so no cab hassles and it's cheap too. :)

way to do it :thumbup:

Kix Dec 30th 2013 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11055285)
I'm staying in, few friends, drinks, nibbles, champers and a view of the Khalifa.

**** going out.
**** giving a hotel 200+ quid per person for anything.
**** trying to get a cab.
**** NYE anyway, it's a wank night. Hated it ever since my old local tried to charge 30 quid a head to just get in.

^^^ What he said ^^^

Patsy Stoned Dec 30th 2013 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11055322)

I am going out with some friends on their yacht, sailing from DOSC. I have a driver who will drop us off and eventually take us home. Sailing out to 1 of the islands, having a BBQ and cocktails onboard and then sailing closer inshore to watch the fireworks .. I am looking forward to it :-D

OriginalSunshine Dec 30th 2013 12:21 pm

Staying at home, drink champers, go to bed in time to be woken up at 6am by kids.

We were going to go camping at the Dimanyiats, using our (shared) boat to get there, but it's *wah* cold at night now :p stuff that.

Brains1983 Dec 30th 2013 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11055503)
using our (shared) boat to get there, but it's *wah* cold at night now :p stuff that.

should stick that in the first world problems thread :thumbsup:

Blue Cat Dec 30th 2013 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11055390)
I am going out with some friends on their yacht, sailing from DOSC. I have a driver who will drop us off and eventually take us home. Sailing out to 1 of the islands, having a BBQ and cocktails onboard and then sailing closer inshore to watch the fireworks .. I am looking forward to it :-D

now that I would do! have a great evening Patsy :)

OriginalSunshine Dec 30th 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11055567)
should stick that in the first world problems thread :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Patsy Stoned Dec 30th 2013 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11055576)
now that I would do! have a great evening Patsy :)

Thanks darling.. Happy New Year to you and the family xxx