British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   new to the expats thing here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-expats-thing-here-520747/)

pete9001 Mar 11th 2008 6:38 am

new to the expats thing here

Hi to all, have just recently joined this expats site and i have to say it makes great reading, not only good information but also like smiley central, always find a funny line here. Anyway just wanted to say hello and say thanks for your contributions to making life easier for the newbies
Peter

shakh your bootie Mar 11th 2008 6:42 am

Re: new to the expats thing here

Originally Posted by pete9001 (Post 6046168)
Hi to all, have just recently joined this expats site and i have to say it makes great reading, not only good information but also like smiley central, always find a funny line here. Anyway just wanted to say hello and say thanks for your contributions to making life easier for the newbies
Peter

Always nice to meet someone with the grace to say "Thanks" for the advice & info... even nicer when they appreciate the twisted verbage that passes for humour around here...

Welcome to the site & happy posting....

Inselaffen Mar 11th 2008 6:43 am

Peter

we are having a night out on friday if you fancy it. let me know

pete9001 Mar 11th 2008 7:11 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6046183)
Always nice to meet someone with the grace to say "Thanks" for the advice & info... even nicer when they appreciate the twisted verbage that passes for humour around here...

Welcome to the site & happy posting....

well Shakh and Inselaffen, twisted humour is quite easy for me, i come from Yorkshire thats the county with no football teams, not sure i can make friday night yet as may have visitors in for the weekend, where you off too just in case :-)

Inselaffen Mar 11th 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by pete9001 (Post 6046267)
well Shakh and Inselaffen, twisted humour is quite easy for me, i come from Yorkshire thats the county with no football teams, not sure i can make friday night yet as may have visitors in for the weekend, where you off too just in case :-)

we are going to Spice Island at the Renaisance in Deira.
such a pity your from the wrong side of the Pennines though

lionheart Mar 11th 2008 7:36 am

But don't you have a team in the FA Cup semi-finals? Cant be that bad then...

pete9001 Mar 11th 2008 7:45 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6046339)
But don't you have a team in the FA Cup semi-finals? Cant be that bad then...

eye lad appen ya raght, never thought about that, but they will only be guests to Wembly so Man u and the arse dont have to worry too much :-)

nottmbantam Mar 11th 2008 9:04 am

Oi.Steady on young man, my football team is from Yorkshire, albeit in Division Four these days....

Errrm, actually, I think you might be right :(

Welcome to the Board anyway.:thumbup:

MataHari Mar 11th 2008 11:11 am

Peter

welcome pete9001...

Bob Mar 11th 2008 4:24 pm

welcome to BE :)