New to Abu Dhabi

Old May 25th 2014, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

elmogiraffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New to Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone.

I've just arrived in Abu Dhabi with my 7 month old son and just wondering if anyone knows of things to do, baby and mum meets or such?

My husband works 5 days a week so I don't want to be stuck for things to do all day.

Thanks
Old May 25th 2014, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Abu Dhabi

was going to reply on another site but will do it here....

ad mums is a good start... st andrews play group too but in town.

where you living?
Old May 25th 2014, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

elmogiraffe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm living in the Ibis Gate Hotel at the moment until the company sort out permanent accommodation for us. I have no idea of my way around or where anything is so it's all a bit confusing at the moment.
Old May 25th 2014, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elmogiraffe
I'm living in the Ibis Gate Hotel at the moment until the company sort out permanent accommodation for us. I have no idea of my way around or where anything is so it's all a bit confusing at the moment.
very easy you need to rent a car and go out on a friday and get lost... only way to survive the longer you leave it to explore the worse you get.....

the roads are a grid system numbers one way and different numbers the other very easy to nagivate like the usa road systems although they have just changed all the numbers to names to a lot of them
Old May 25th 2014, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
very easy you need to rent a car and go out on a friday and get lost... only way to survive the longer you leave it to explore the worse you get.....

the roads are a grid system numbers one way and different numbers the other very easy to nagivate like the usa road systems although they have just changed all the numbers to names to a lot of them
Also..if you can understand Busybees posts, finding your way around Abu Dhabi will be a doddle.

Buy an explorer book, it will give you lots of info, useful telephone numbers etc. And as said previously St Andrews playgroup is a good place to meet other mums.

Abudhabiwoman.com are a good bunch of ladies who will point you in the right direction too.
Old May 25th 2014, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Also..if you can understand Busybees posts, finding your way around Abu Dhabi will be a doddle.

Buy an explorer book, it will give you lots of info, useful telephone numbers etc. And as said previously St Andrews playgroup is a good place to meet other mums.

Abudhabiwoman.com are a good bunch of ladies who will point you in the right direction too.
Arcadia

unfortunately they have just switched all the names of roads and taken away their numbers so its very very confusing, as a lot of them are very similar names! learn by looking at a map and numbers from 2 4 6 8 etc one way and starting from corniche 1 3 5 7 etc the other way....
Old May 26th 2014, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
Arcadia

unfortunately they have just switched all the names of roads and taken away their numbers so its very very confusing, as a lot of them are very similar names! learn by looking at a map and numbers from 2 4 6 8 etc one way and starting from corniche 1 3 5 7 etc the other way....
In which Busybody offers no advice, yet sits there as the 20 year old fountain of knowledge....
Old May 26th 2014, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OleJanx
In which Busybody offers no advice, yet sits there as the 20 year old fountain of knowledge....

adw cannot say any more than me lol
Old May 26th 2014, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Loads of people here who will help:
http://www.abudhabiwoman.com/index.php?
Old May 27th 2014, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Myfirstgym, is a pretty lovely place for littlies but maybe when your baby starts walking. It is on the corner of 4th (Muroor) and 13th (Delma). You could also join a beach club, once you know where you will be living.

Once you move into your home you will also meet people. The first few months are hard but will fly by.

Do hire a car and get out and about though, the sooner landmarks feel familiar, the sooner you will feel more settled.