Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Need an urgent recommendation for a surgeon

Need an urgent recommendation for a surgeon

Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need an urgent recommendation for a surgeon

So sorry to hear your bad news. A friend of mine is going through a similair situation with his wife. They are seeing a brilliant Dr in Dubai, if you need the contact number please let me know.
If I can help in anyway please get in touch via pm. If you need anybody for hospital visit, or home visit xxx
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

That's awful news. I wish the very best treatment and speedy recovery to your wife and a hug for you.

I cannot believe a doctor would try to screw you over like that either. Wanker.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I cannot believe a doctor would try to screw you over like that either. Wanker.
Egyptian....these people have bollocks made of brass. I've never heard so much double-glazing salesman type bullshit in my life. And towards then end of the last conversation, he was actually willing to haggle down over the 50K. Absolutely ****ing shameless!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Egyptian....these people have bollocks made of brass. I've never heard so much double-glazing salesman type bullshit in my life. And towards then end of the last conversation, he was actually willing to haggle down over the 50K. Absolutely ****ing shameless!
You should report him or expose him via 7days!! Disgraceful behaviour
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
You should report him or expose him via 7days!! Disgraceful behaviour
Yeah I know Patsy.....but all of the evidence against him is just hearsay - he wasn't willing to provide me with an invoice, which is what got the alarm bells ringing - no emails, nothing apart from face to face or phone convos. Nasty greedy bastard.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Egyptians?

Always been my most despised Arabs.

Really hope you get yourselves sorted buddy. Best wishes.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I know Patsy.....but all of the evidence against him is just hearsay - he wasn't willing to provide me with an invoice, which is what got the alarm bells ringing - no emails, nothing apart from face to face or phone convos. Nasty greedy bastard.
maybe go and see him again and ask him what his lowest price would be, talk about the 50k etc but record the entire conversation.
I do realise that this would be the last thing on your mind right now, but it could stop him from doing it to other people in your position xxx
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I can't help at all but is it worth contacting a decent GP and asking his/her recommendations? Sean Pendegrass used to be at Infinity clinic in Dubai but I'd heard he'd moved. He's very good and may be able to help.

Alternatively the American hospital in Dubai is always very highly recommended.

Abu Dhabi women forum might be very helpful too.

Bloody horrid news and I wish you both all the best and your wife a healthy recovery.
Sean Petherbridge is now at the Keith Nicholl Medical Centre on the Beach Road. Fantastic GP.

Oyibipeppeh. Sorry to read this about your wife. Do ask a good GP and also your insurance company. They should have info about surgeons and who is best. The hospital is secondary as it's the quality of the surgeon that matters most.

Wishing you and her all the best.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Can't offer any help I'm afraid apart from wishing the best and for a speedy recovery.

Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:57 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Can't offer any help I'm afraid apart from wishing the best and for a speedy recovery.

Seconded.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp

Thirded.. hope the Doc that you've got is exactly what you need.. x
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:10 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

That's shocking.

I took on a new client this week who works for the Cleveland Clinic - have just sent her an email and will let you know what she says...Aussie lass with years of experience.

N.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words.

We met a (Brit) surgeon at Tawam hospital in Al Ain today, who showed a huge knowledge in this area and also a great deal of humility. Thank you Frank if you are reading this.

We've a long way to go yet, but today's experience puts the mind at slightly more ease.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:35 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words.

We met a (Brit) surgeon at Tawam hospital in Al Ain today, who showed a huge knowledge in this area and also a great deal of humility. Thank you Frank if you are reading this.

We've a long way to go yet, but today's experience puts the mind at slightly more ease.

You changed your signature recently didn't you?

Yar,your wife is God and you know it.
Mrs O has struggled along the way (passport crap et al) but she must be a remarkable Lady to keep you in check.
Bless her,i wish her a speedy recovery so your little family grows to the potential you and Mrs O have worked hard to offer them.
I am sure it will.
xxxx

Last edited by Eva; Jun 28th 2012 at 9:12 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

I really didn't want to go public on this, but time is against us and we need things to get moving.

A week ago, my wife was diagnosed as having a tumor in her stomach. The cancer was confirmed by three separate an independent doctors from histologies and there's no point in denying anything to the contrary.

We were put in contact with a consultant surgeon based in Al Ain, who we visited last week and the surgery was booked for this coming Saturday. However, Mr consultant then went on to demand an additional 50,000 Dhs to cover his "professional fees". This is in addition to however much the insurance pays him for the procedure. Although I have the funds to cover this amount, the fact that someone blatantly wants to rip us off means that we now have to look elsewhere.

So...

We are looking for recommendations for a Visceral Surgeon, ideally based in Abu Dhabi but location isn't important, who can perform a fairly major surgery and reconstruction procedure and not rip us off. Ideally someone who can do this at the earliest opportunity, i.e. next week.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sorry I can't be of any help mate but I truly hope your wife will be OK and is treated quickly.
Best wishes

Saff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.