Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Nearly owned an iMac. *stamped feet*

Nearly owned an iMac. *stamped feet*

Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nearly owned an iMac. *stamped feet*

What, oh what, is the level of customer service/ business acumen here?????

OH had promised me a new computer for xmas, since i have been working off a chock full 4 yr old laptop which has the speed of a stoned snail. Being such a busy little thing over christmas, i failed to choose which one i wanted.

Yesterday, the new dawn arrived, the canvessing was in from my old IT crew folk and some new ones, so it was to be the day of the iMac 24", the middle version.

Last night, armed with the cash and the will, i headed to AL Wadha mall. After half an hour or so chat with the salesman, i confirmed the model i wanted. He made a phone call, (i know i HEARD 'Mall Dubai' so am still somewhat suspicious) and then told me it's the very last one so i had to take the shop model. 30 more minutes of angst as we talk through all the free stuff needed to get me over this hurdle and have an in depth discussion of warranty etc. The manager and 2 more cronies comes over. I decide to take it. We are all exhausted.

Get to the till and the posted price was different to the one on the system. No prizes for guessing which was the lesser. They (the 4 strong salesteam) all run off to the corner and make frantic calls to Dubai. After 10 minutes, one of them comes over and says "Please, it's only 200dhs, please pay it?".

I left.

my word that feels better, it's been keeping me awake all night..
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly owned an iMac. *stamped feet*

Originally Posted by al dente
What, oh what, is the level of customer service/ business acumen here?????

OH had promised me a new computer for xmas, since i have been working off a chock full 4 yr old laptop which has the speed of a stoned snail. Being such a busy little thing over christmas, i failed to choose which one i wanted.

Yesterday, the new dawn arrived, the canvessing was in from my old IT crew folk and some new ones, so it was to be the day of the iMac 24", the middle version.

Last night, armed with the cash and the will, i headed to AL Wadha mall. After half an hour or so chat with the salesman, i confirmed the model i wanted. He made a phone call, (i know i HEARD 'Mall Dubai' so am still somewhat suspicious) and then told me it's the very last one so i had to take the shop model. 30 more minutes of angst as we talk through all the free stuff needed to get me over this hurdle and have an in depth discussion of warranty etc. The manager and 2 more cronies comes over. I decide to take it. We are all exhausted.

Get to the till and the posted price was different to the one on the system. No prizes for guessing which was the lesser. They (the 4 strong salesteam) all run off to the corner and make frantic calls to Dubai. After 10 minutes, one of them comes over and says "Please, it's only 200dhs, please pay it?".

I left.

my word that feels better, it's been keeping me awake all night..
good for you, I have teh 24" iMac and its a thing of beauty.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I still don't have it - wail!!!

DOn't know what to do next. Mebbe get a friend to bring one over from the UK or aus for me... I've made my stand in the face of ridiculous bureaucracy but am now empty handed.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

DOn't know what to do next. Mebbe get a friend to bring one over from the UK or aus for me... I've made my stand in the face of ridiculous bureaucracy but am now empty handed.
buy one at virgin at MoE pet.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

buy one at virgin at MoE pet.
Ta!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Al Dente will buy it off you for 200dhs less...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:12 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

hold your horses for 1 - 2 more days. macworld starts tomorrow night (mid-east time) and the prices change/drop pretty much overnight as the new products come out.

if you're somewhat geekily inclined, have a look at... http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/l...-2009-keynote/

(now i'll just retire to the geek corner... )
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Not top leave still.unsure in the geek corner on his own.....

http://www.macrumors.com/

There are potential updates to the iMac and they didn't update the design last time (i think) so it may not just be the hardware. However...in Festival City iStyle they are offering a free upgrade to 4GB from 2GB (Ram????) as they are expecting a new model.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Not top leave still.unsure in the geek corner on his own.....

http://www.macrumors.com/

There are potential updates to the iMac and they didn't update the design last time (i think) so it may not just be the hardware. However...in Festival City iStyle they are offering a free upgrade to 4GB from 2GB (Ram????) as they are expecting a new model.
Yeah my husband bought a 20" iMac for his new employee a couple of days ago at Ibn Battuta and I was quoted a free upgrade from 1G ram to 2G, but when he got to the store, they gave him 4G for the same price they quoted.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yeah my husband bought a 20" iMac for his new employee a couple of days ago at Ibn Battuta and I was quoted a free upgrade from 1G ram to 2G, but when he got to the store, they gave him 4G for the same price they quoted.
You should take your complaint to consumer affairs...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
You should take your complaint to consumer affairs...
Now that would confuse them.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Being a fatalist, i now believe that i was not meant to own a iMac. I am now on the hunt for something else.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:24 am
why ayeeeee man!

Being a fatalist, i now believe that i was not meant to own a iMac. I am now on the hunt for something else.
NO!

That\s a terrible things, go to Virgin or any other places, they have loads of them, they are brilliant machines, I love mine to pieces.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

NO!

That\s a terrible things, go to Virgin or any other places, they have loads of them, they are brilliant machines, I love mine to pieces.

Easy tiger! I shall take your enthusiasm on board..
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Easy tiger! I shall take your enthusiasm on board..
http://emiratesmac.wordpress.com/200...-quick-survey/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.