National ID

Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:35 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National ID

My employer has finally got off their ass and is processing all staff's ID card for them. The reason being this....

"The U.A.E Government has provided all private sector organizations an extension to complete this process by the end of the current fiscal year. Failure to do so will result in hefty penalties to the Company".
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:47 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
My employer has finally got off their ass and is processing all staff's ID card for them. The reason being this....

"The U.A.E Government has provided all private sector organizations an extension to complete this process by the end of the current fiscal year. Failure to do so will result in hefty penalties to the Company".
but don't you physically still need to go somewhere, or can they just do without you being present at all?
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:50 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
but don't you physically still need to go somewhere, or can they just do without you being present at all?
They are gonna get all the paperwork etc done, all I have to do is wait for the text telling me when to go down..
Old Oct 5th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
Egate card takes about 10 mins...Dnata office on SZR, next to Metropolitan Hotel...go upstairs, hand over your passport and 1 pic, do the tumb print, they give you a paper, go downstairs all the way to the back on the righthandside, pay 220 dhs, get receipt, go back upstairs, hand over receipt, get back your passport and your Egate card.
You can also do it at the airport, upstairs from departures there is also an office.

If you have the ID card, you take the card and they activate it on that, so same procedure, costs 170 dhs to have it done.
T'was exactly as the lady said, very easy! Although, to be specific "upstairs" should have read the mezzanine level but spot on! Well happy!!!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

alitrist is an unknown quantity at this point

we actually got ours done yesterday. we had to go for an eye stest firt-well my hubby did and the lady said no need for me, she stamped my paperwork without test being done
then went to the rta office to get our licences done...they had a queue for 'men' and another for 'women and handicaps'
Anyway got all done within 15 mins at most
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:37 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alitrist
we actually got ours done yesterday. we had to go for an eye stest firt-well my hubby did and the lady said no need for me, she stamped my paperwork without test being done
then went to the rta office to get our licences done...they had a queue for 'men' and another for 'women and handicaps'
Anyway got all done within 15 mins at most
An eye test for an ID card?
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:59 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
An eye test for an ID card?
...of course; they have to validate that you can read it!

Maybe be a retina scan for some Nationalities although we didn't do one.

...or maybe it was for a driving licence???
Old Oct 6th 2010, 3:10 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing that the OP applied for a driving licence, although judging from much of the driving I see a sight test is optional...
Old Nov 7th 2010, 6:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Some bright spark wrote to 7Days (today) suggesting that we could be fined up to Dhs5,000 if we don't have an ID card by January 2011. True or false?
Old Nov 7th 2010, 6:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Some bright spark wrote to 7Days (today) suggesting that we could be fined up to Dhs5,000 if we don't have an ID card by January 2011. True or false?
I have heard various rumours about such things, have you not got one yet either? we haven't
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have heard various rumours about such things, have you not got one yet either? we haven't
We have ours. It went against every fiber of my body getting one.

But i capitulated.

Im ashamed
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
We have ours. It went against every fiber of my body getting one.

But i capitulated.

Im ashamed
you weakling
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:04 am
Bored liberal

I don't have one. My visa is due for renewal mid December so I refuse to pay for one that would only be valid for a few months. I'll do it afterwards.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:06 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
I don't have one. My visa is due for renewal mid December so I refuse to pay for one that would only be valid for a few months. I'll do it afterwards.
good plan, we will wait until the company gets their fingers out and gets us one sorted
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:11 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

good plan, we will wait until the company gets their fingers out and gets us one sorted
yea i need to add, ours was all paid for by the company and we attended in company time..

this makes it almost acceptable i think...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.