Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The National / The Entertainer

The National / The Entertainer

Old Dec 30th 2012, 8:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The National / The Entertainer

It just takes a little planning. A few meals out at a 'Fine Dining' place usually means the book has easily paid for itself. (Table 9, Rivington, Ruth's Chris. MJ's, Medzo, Loca, The Ivy are all in there.) Having visitors takes care of that.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 9:06 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
It just takes a little planning. A few meals out at a 'Fine Dining' place usually means the book has easily paid for itself. (Table 9, Rivington, Ruth's Chris. MJ's, Medzo, Loca, The Ivy are all in there.) Having visitors takes care of that.
That was why I bought it. I had been expecting vistors, but due to the economy, none made it over.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I normally pull out the vouchers for the places we visit regularly first and keep them handy, you can't lug the book all over the place.
WE tried that this year. Utter fail.

Still, one voucher for golf at the JGE paid for the book.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
WE tried that this year. Utter fail.

Still, one voucher for golf at the JGE paid for the book.
we get the family one for the wild wadi vouchers
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:01 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

National ordered and Entertainer arrived today, except its family one and I wanted fine dining, however quick phone call put that right, new one will be delivered tomorrow.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

BritGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I normally get the family one, but as a result of the National offer and the one Meow posted a couple of weeks back, I have both the family and fine dining one for this year.
I've just ordered the fine dining book with the National, what's the other offer Meow? I'd like the family book too

Does anyone know what kind of vouchers are in the travel Entertainer? I didn't know there was a travel one and we are planing a few trips this year so it could also be useful
Old Dec 31st 2012, 10:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGeek
I've just ordered the fine dining book with the National, what's the other offer Meow? I'd like the family book too

Does anyone know what kind of vouchers are in the travel Entertainer? I didn't know there was a travel one and we are planing a few trips this year so it could also be useful
I posted it on the forum several week ago so it's no longer valid. (It was a 15% discount off the price.)

You should find details of what each book offers on The Entertainer website.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got the Abu Dhabi one? Has it got some decent places in it this year? Last year it was very Yas-centric which is a shame if you don't happen to live there. Incidentally, LaLaLayla you can also subscribe to the Times and get it delivered to your house.

Update: just checked Meow's link: Chamas is back! Woot.

Last edited by csdf; Jan 2nd 2013 at 3:50 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

raining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to all

Originally Posted by csdf
Anyone got the Abu Dhabi one? Has it got some decent places in it this year? Last year it was very Yas-centric which is a shame if you don't happen to live there. Incidentally, LaLaLayla you can also subscribe to the Times and get it delivered to your house.

Update: just checked Meow's link: Chamas is back! Woot.
Just waiting to see if the AD one turns up - during the last stage of the process online the thing crashed but this has happened before with cinema tickets and it did go through. Hoping this does too.