Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

National Day ????????????

National Day ????????????

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:46 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default National Day ????????????

Can anyone explain to me the reason behind all the cars going up and down the street HONKING their horns and revvvvving their engines until the car goes BANG!!! :curse:
Its rather doing ones head in! ...
WHY do it ???
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:58 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National Day ????????????

pride in their country.

Better than a crowd of english football thugs rioting in europe somewhere though????
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:06 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Can anyone explain to me the reason behind all the cars going up and down the street HONKING their horns and revvvvving their engines until the car goes BANG!!! :curse:
WHY do it ???
Besides which, they don' t drink.

Allegedly!

Try Beach Road where I live...Give me a fewking break!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:51 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the celebrations in the corniche.
It is brilliant, and no wonder they have pride in their country when you consider what their country does for them.

One thing I couldn't stand seeing though was kids hanging out of the sunroofs whilst the cars were speeding along.

If you love your kids, you just wouldn't be so stupid.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

WHY do it ???
It's the sum of having no booze in your culture...because it's better to burn up fossil fuels and contribute to air pollution than it is to have a few beers at home and wave a flag about...

Thought that would be obvious

N.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
One thing I couldn't stand seeing though was kids hanging out of the sunroofs whilst the cars were speeding along
Yeah, I saw a kid of about 3 sat on the bonnet of a Land Cruiser! Other than that though, good fun to watch. And the fireworks were spectacular.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Yeah, I saw a kid of about 3 sat on the bonnet of a Land Cruiser! Other than that though, good fun to watch. And the fireworks were spectacular.
Tell me about it I was in AD last night and my heart was in my mouth even DH who is arab is amazed at the stupidity of them with the kids

Great fireworks though and some of the decorations on the cars was amazing, it was nice to feel safe and not be worried about being mugged, raped, knifed or shot

As for making the cars backfire yeah it kind of gets on your nerves after a while x
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:48 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

it was nice to feel safe and not be worried about being mugged, raped, knifed or shot
Where are you referring to?

Dubai and Abu Dhabi has its fair share of the above..
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:22 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Any fireworks tonight? or is it too windy?
Is there expected revvvving and Banging also???
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Any fireworks tonight? or is it too windy?
Is there expected revvvving and Banging also???
well it's absolutely peeing it down here, so i guess the revs and banging will have to keep...

MM, xx
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:40 pm
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
well it's absolutely peeing it down here, so i guess the revs and banging will have to keep...

MM, xx
it was ok last night they had the fireworks ...
more tonight ....I shall be all fireworked out !!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Where are you referring to?

Dubai and Abu Dhabi has its fair share of the above..
Exactly, you can't be complacent just because you're in the UAE.