Mr. Angry

Old May 26th 2009, 11:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr. Angry

Originally Posted by lionheart
Some positive news. Just got an e-mail from the Entry Clearance Manager saying that Shadya's visa application has not been rejected and is still pending. She was apparently invited to renew her Kenyan passport first but, if this cannot be done in time, they will make a final decision based on the documents provided. Fingers crossed
Old May 26th 2009, 11:45 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Hopefully justice will prevail and your patience will be rewarded. I presume the consulate has to go through various protocols to ensure that no unsavories get through.
I suppose Kenya is a tough one on many fronts as it is such a beautiful country with 99% of the population being nice people but spoilt by the other 1% who are intensely unsavoury.
More like 85:15
Old May 26th 2009, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Some positive news. Just got an e-mail from the Entry Clearance Manager saying that Shadya's visa application has not been rejected and is still pending. She was apparently invited to renew her Kenyan passport first but, if this cannot be done in time, they will make a final decision based on the documents provided. Fingers crossed
Sending positive vibes your way...
Old May 27th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I hope things work out for you... don't feel ashamed to be British though!!
Old May 28th 2009, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Collected Shadya's passport today...along with their official visa rejection letter saying that she had not produced a satisfactory document to prove her identity, the pages of her passport having been damaged. What utter nonsense. We do have a right of appeal but only to the bugger who rejected her passport in the first place and it would take 28 days, which is too long anyway. Frankly I have no intention of visiting the UK any time soon after this episode, although it was probably too much to expect a human decision from a bureaucrat.

Last edited by lionheart; May 28th 2009 at 9:17 am.
Old May 28th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch LH, that really sucks

So what are ya gonna do now?
Old May 28th 2009, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Euc-
Ouch LH, that really sucks

So what are ya gonna do now?
Stay home instead...
Old May 28th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let them defeat you! You still have other options..
Old May 28th 2009, 11:03 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Collected Shadya's passport today...along with their official visa rejection letter saying that she had not produced a satisfactory document to prove her identity, the pages of her passport having been damaged. What utter nonsense. We do have a right of appeal but only to the bugger who rejected her passport in the first place and it would take 28 days, which is too long anyway. Frankly I have no intention of visiting the UK any time soon after this episode, although it was probably too much to expect a human decision from a bureaucrat.

How much are you gonna be outta pocket?
Wan't it about £1000?
If the damage is a slight as you say, appeal it.
Or are you so well off £1k' s a drop in the ocean?
Appeal it,be a man....or is this Shadya posting?
Old May 28th 2009, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Eva
How much are you gonna be outta pocket?
Wan't it about £1000?
If the damage is a slight as you say, appeal it.
Or are you so well off £1k' s a drop in the ocean?
Appeal it,be a man....or is this Shadya posting?
I see no point in appealing as, if they have already said its too damaged (and I went to the Entry Clearance Manager directly too) then they won't suddenly change their minds. Our outlay is nearer GBP1,250 but that is what I gain/lose every few days on the stock market, so we will probably let sleeping dogs lie. One interesting development is that KLM may be able to change our flights after all, but its subject to a US$300 supplement for all of us and subject to availability. Then we will still have to go through the Kenyan passport renewal and UK visa application procedures. The running around (four visits already) is frankly getting on my nerves. Will decide over the weekend whether to proceed or just stay at home in front of the telly.
Old May 28th 2009, 11:59 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I see no point in appealing as, if they have already said its too damaged (and I went to the Entry Clearance Manager directly too) then they won't suddenly change their minds. Our outlay is nearer GBP1,250 but that is what I gain/lose every few days on the stock market, so we will probably let sleeping dogs lie. One interesting development is that KLM may be able to change our flights after all, but its subject to a US$300 supplement for all of us and subject to availability. Then we will still have to go through the Kenyan passport renewal and UK visa application procedures. The running around (four visits already) is frankly getting on my nerves. Will decide over the weekend whether to proceed or just stay at home in front of the telly.
Oh well happy holidays whatever.