Mr. Angry

Old May 24th 2009, 5:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr. Angry

Originally Posted by lionheart
Does anyone think we might be able to change our holiday destination to Holland, subject to them granting Shadya a Schengen visa? They may not be so fussy about the passport condition, you never know. Our flight involves changing planes at Amsterdam. Do you think there would be a major problem? The destination of our baggage is an obvious issue. We just want to escape the heat for two weeks...
As previously mentioned, the faircode of the bargain 600aed ticket is very restricted -only to be expected;no one is in business to make a loss.Any change in itinery is a a new contract and therefore attracts new fees.

Yes probably you could change your route to Schipol but you would be even more out of pocket.See what answer your fax brings.

I have to be very honest here and say a few curled pages would in my humble experience not bar anyone from obtaining a visa.
Are you sure Shad hasn't had a 'face on' with the person dealing with the inquiry? She has shown many times over on here how 'abrasive' her personality can be.
Old May 25th 2009, 8:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
As previously mentioned, the faircode of the bargain 600aed ticket is very restricted -only to be expected;no one is in business to make a loss.Any change in itinery is a a new contract and therefore attracts new fees.

Yes probably you could change your route to Schipol but you would be even more out of pocket.See what answer your fax brings.

I have to be very honest here and say a few curled pages would in my humble experience not bar anyone from obtaining a visa.
Are you sure Shad hasn't had a 'face on' with the person dealing with the inquiry? She has shown many times over on here how 'abrasive' her personality can be.
No, the issue wasn't even raised until Saturday when the Passport Office called me to say that she had to renew her passport.
Old May 25th 2009, 8:13 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

No, the issue wasn't even raised until Saturday when the Passport Office called me to say that she had to renew her passport.
Stay on the case,see what answer your fax brings.
Did you audit trail the call from Passport Office? Get
onto them and ask for an interview with the original officer's Line Manager
or do nothing and let your cash disappear into the coffers of KLM.....
Old May 25th 2009, 8:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Eva
Stay on the case,see what answer your fax brings.
Did you audit trail the call from Passport Office? Get
onto them and ask for an interview with the original officer's Line Manager
or do nothing and let your cash disappear into the coffers of KLM.....
As expected I got no reply whatsoever from the Embassy to either my Fax or e-mail but I have been given the name of the Entry Clearance Officer from a friend of a BE member, so will go to the Embassy tomorrow and try to see her. All I ask is that they look at Shadya's passport once more.
Old May 25th 2009, 8:32 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As expected I got no reply whatsoever from the Embassy to either my Fax or e-mail but I have been given the name of the Entry Clearance Officer from a friend of a BE member, so will go to the Embassy tomorrow and try to see her. All I ask is that they look at Shadya's passport once more.
Sincerely, the very best of luck with this.
Old May 25th 2009, 9:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

just got back from collecting our new passports, very organised I felt
Old May 25th 2009, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
just got back from collecting our new passports, very organised I felt
*insert smugface smilie*

MM, xx
Old May 25th 2009, 9:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
*insert smugface smilie*

MM, xx
you mean this one
Old May 25th 2009, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

you mean this one
no that's "cool" isn't it, lol...

MM, xx
Old May 26th 2009, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Went to the British Embassy this morning and got the expected runaround. Eventually managed to speak to the Entry Clearance Manager by phone. She knew nothing about the case despite my Faxes and e-mails. She asked me to re-Fax my story to another number but someone in the chain of command meanwhile indicated that, if a passport gets wet, they will not issue a visa. Other countries will do but not the UK. Oh well...it looks like no holiday.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:05 am
Concierge

Went to the British Embassy this morning and got the expected runaround. Eventually managed to speak to the Entry Clearance Manager by phone. She knew nothing about the case despite my Faxes and e-mails. She asked me to re-Fax my story to another number but someone in the chain of command meanwhile indicated that, if a passport gets wet, they will not issue a visa. Other countries will do but not the UK. Oh well...it looks like no holiday.
I am sorry to hear this LH
Old May 26th 2009, 6:11 am
Account Closed

I am sorry to hear this LH
The good news is that Showtime have just up-graded our service to Premier from the Sports Package free of charge (for two months only) so now we can watch Inspector Morse and company on the Hallmark channel until the cows come home and Jasmine can watch the Disney Channel, so we will most likely stay home instead.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:15 am
Concierge

The good news is that Showtime have just up-graded our service to Premier from the Sports Package free of charge (for two months only) so now we can watch Inspector Morse and company on the Hallmark channel until the cows come home and Jasmine can watch the Disney Channel, so we will most likely stay home instead.
I am here all summer as well, I have tons of brilliant DVD's that I can loan you to pass away the time.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:26 am
Account Closed

Some positive news. Just got an e-mail from the Entry Clearance Manager saying that Shadya's visa application has not been rejected and is still pending. She was apparently invited to renew her Kenyan passport first but, if this cannot be done in time, they will make a final decision based on the documents provided. Fingers crossed
Old May 26th 2009, 10:13 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully justice will prevail and your patience will be rewarded. I presume the consulate has to go through various protocols to ensure that no unsavories get through.
I suppose Kenya is a tough one on many fronts as it is such a beautiful country with 99% of the population being nice people but spoilt by the other 1% who are intensely unsavoury.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.