Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Moving cats out to the UAE

Moving cats out to the UAE

Old Aug 12th 2011, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

simcalreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving cats out to the UAE

Hi Guys, has anyone out there moved their pet cat or cats out from the UK?

I'm interested in stories and even a little bit of advice from those who have experienced it!
Old Aug 12th 2011, 4:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving cats out to the UAE

Originally Posted by simcalreet
Hi Guys, has anyone out there moved their pet cat or cats out from the UK?

I'm interested in stories and even a little bit of advice from those who have experienced it!
I did it years ago when cats came as excess luggage and it cost me about 50 quid, these days it is alot more expensive. You need to speak to your vet and rabies injections etc and then the airline about the procedure
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:27 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you need rabies injection to enter UAE? Also dkc has good info
Old Aug 13th 2011, 7:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Do you need rabies injection to enter UAE? Also dkc has good info
I did but not sure of the current rules.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

I only know about taking them from the UAE back to the UK - it cost a small fortune for pet passport, correct vaccinations, special freight cages etc. Around 500 pounds per cat including flights in the hold.

Why not ring up say the British Vets in Abu Dhabi - I am sure that they can help with advice.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tillybean
I only know about taking them from the UAE back to the UK - it cost a small fortune for pet passport, correct vaccinations, special freight cages etc. Around 500 pounds per cat including flights in the hold.

Why not ring up say the British Vets in Abu Dhabi - I am sure that they can help with advice.
Ah thanks, will have a look on the net for their contact details, I'm sure they'll be able to help

Are there any British Vets in Dubai?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:14 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hassan100
If any one matter relevant of this crime you should inform of the UAE government yet control Theft of cats then focus his army.
WHAT??
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:15 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tillybean

As of this month you don't need the rabies test to take them back to the UK, just the vaccinations.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:49 pm
Concierge

Ah thanks, will have a look on the net for their contact details, I'm sure they'll be able to help

Are there any British Vets in Dubai?
www.nadvethosp.com
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Thanks Blue Cat, I'm going to e-mail them & the AD British Vets for advice, thanks everyone!

Not sure about the crazy posting in the middle mind???
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Blue Cat, I'm going to e-mail them & the AD British Vets for advice, thanks everyone!

Not sure about the crazy posting in the middle mind???
For what it's worth, you'll likely get the best price by speaking to the ground handling agents directly, you'll need to deliver directly to them, but you'll save a packet. I paid about 450quid from ABZ.

Depending on the airline;
Menzies World Cargo
Servisair
Swissport

Rabies shot is mandatory if I remember correctly. No pet insurance here, which is a ****, our arab cat has been ill 3 times, and has cost us in the region of 7000dhs in bills. He's off to the Vet again tonight. All to do with the wife finding him ill and not me, I'd have dug a hole and told her he'd ran off.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Your cats will hate it here except between the months of Oct-Mar as its much too damned hot and humid for any creatures wearing fur coats.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Your cats will hate it here except between the months of Oct-Mar as its much too damned hot and humid for any creatures wearing fur coats.
Don't be ridiculous!! I have 3 cats, 1 of which is a long haired Persian cross, they love being outside in the mornings and late evenings, they sleep most of the day and play in the garden the rest of the time. Not much different to cats around the world really!!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

My Arab street cat came in 15 years ago, and never showed any interest in going out again, being quite content to lounge about sleeping and eating. As he is now on his fourth country, he tends to view the flight crate with suspicion, and is usually quite relieved when it is only used for a trip to the Vet!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Both our cats are house cats, so no worries about the weather, however that means they'll probably find the whole experience that little bit more daunting!
They do like a spin round the garden at home though, so hopefully they'll settle ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.