Wikiposts

Moving back to Dubai

Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:56 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to Dubai

I know the mens college opposite DSO have a big pool not sure how you go about getting permission to use it though - the pilots here at dso can use pool/gym so it must be possible
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:53 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
I know the mens college opposite DSO have a big pool not sure how you go about getting permission to use it though - the pilots here at dso can use pool/gym so it must be possible
sounds good. Im liking the sound of DSO.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite a few Emirates pilots and personnel are housed in DSO and they will have benefits and access to facilities that won't be available to you. It sounds like the pool at the college is only open to Emirates crew due to an arrangement between EK and the college. Do your research and ask questions before committing to DSO.

Originally Posted by commander
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I would say get a school sorted then decided otherwise MrsC may well spend hours behind the wheel every day
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:25 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I would say get a school sorted then decided otherwise MrsC may well spend hours behind the wheel every day
were looking at the wellington at DSO i think.

Im more concerned about my commute to work rather than a school run to be honest (or selfish)
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:27 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Quite a few Emirates pilots and personnel are housed in DSO and they will have benefits and access to facilities that won't be available to you. It sounds like the pool at the college is only open to Emirates crew due to an arrangement between EK and the college. Do your research and ask questions before committing to DSO.
agree, but i know a hell of a lot of people in the world of sport out here, i guarantee someone knows someone who knows etc..
Old Mar 1st 2011, 11:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

were looking at the wellington at DSO i think.

Im more concerned about my commute to work rather than a school run to be honest (or selfish)
no you have consider everyone, you are a family at the end of the day. We looked at AR and those developments up that end of time. The School run for me would have gone up to at least an hour round trip, currently 10 mins, and it would have made no difference to Atilla's drive to work so we decided against it. Looking at Knowledge Village and Umm Sequim.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:16 am
banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
no you have consider everyone, you are a family at the end of the day. We looked at AR and those developments up that end of time. The School run for me would have gone up to at least an hour round trip, currently 10 mins, and it would have made no difference to Atilla's drive to work so we decided against it. Looking at Knowledge Village and Umm Sequim.
err no, i have to get to work, put in a physical 10-12 hour shift and then get home..

slightly more important than fretting about getting back from the school run in 1 hour to make the hairdressers or coffee with the ladies
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

err no, i have to get to work, put in a physical 10-12 hour shift and then get home..

slightly more important than fretting about getting back from the school run in 1 hour to make the hairdressers or coffee with the ladies
What about your child though?? Hardly fair on them is it?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:43 am
banned

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly
What about your child though?? Hardly fair on them is it?
its hardly cruel either and im sure my daughter would rather spend an extra 30 mins travelling than be informed when she is older that daddy aint around because he fell asleep at the wheel during his 2 hour commute bringing his daily worktime to 16 hours, just so poor mummy could get back to the pool in good time.

expat mothers think they are sooo hard done by..
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

its hardly cruel either and im sure my daughter would rather spend an extra 30 mins travelling than be informed when she is older that daddy aint around because he fell asleep at the wheel during his 2 hour commute..
Depends on how old she is I guess. But yeah, make your kid sit in the car for an extra hour a day so you don't have to.......
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:02 am
banned

Depends on how old she is I guess. But yeah, make your kid sit in the car for an extra hour a day so you don't have to.......
my point of view is clearly wasted on you. Tell me, do you work over here? what do you do to pass the day?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

my point of view is clearly wasted on you. Tell me, do you work over here? what do you do to pass the day?
Oh I get your point of view, I just don't agree with it. You don't think it's cruel to make your daughter spend a huge chunk of her day sitting in a car, I do. What I do during the day is of absolutely zero relevance.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:11 am
banned

Oh I get your point of view, I just don't agree with it. You don't think it's cruel to make your daughter spend a huge chunk of her day sitting in a car, I do. What I do during the day is of absolutely zero relevance.
its cruel for my daughter to spend an extra 30 mins sat in a car being driven to school whilst she watches DVD's, in order to try to cut down my working day from 16-14 hours so we can maybe see eachother once in a while?

Its maybe of zero relevance but stinks of a stay at home mum.

Expat life should suit you fine.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

its cruel for my daughter to spend an extra 30 mins sat in a car being driven to school whilst she watches DVD's, in order to try to cut down my working day from 16-14 hours so we can maybe see eachother once in a while?

Its maybe of zero relevance but stinks of a stay at home mum.

Expat life should suit you fine.
I wanna have your babies...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.