Movers

Old Oct 24th 2016, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movers

Moving within the same building?

Back home that'd mean having a few mates over and beer / pizza / Indian takeaway afterwards.

Can't do the same here?
Old Oct 25th 2016, 2:13 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

Back home that'd mean having a few mates over and beer / pizza / Indian takeaway afterwards.

Can't do the same here?
Is this the next BE meet up :P
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Slang term for the British Army used by other British Forces....
ah thanks.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

Can't do the same here?
yep moving within the same building....just 3 flrs below
calling mates over is definitely a no no...I'd much rather get professionals in and get the whole thing over and done with asap
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheShed
Is this the next BE meet up :P
hahaha...now that's a thought
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

by the way SHED the peeps you used came over last night...the dude could barely speak English lol....he's given me a quote of AED 900 - I told him I found that way too much considering it's a 1 bed apart move and I don't have a ton of stuff and they don't have to go back and forth to the removal van....told him I got another 3 companies coming over to give me a quote and will pick the cheapest one.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Book them all to come at the same time to quote...should get a competitive price
I did this in the UK once to three double glazing companies. It was brilliant.

I can also confirm it works with the taxi touts at Cairo airport. I once lined them up and run a dutch auction.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
by the way SHED the peeps you used came over last night...the dude could barely speak English lol....he's given me a quote of AED 900 - I told him I found that way too much considering it's a 1 bed apart move and I don't have a ton of stuff and they don't have to go back and forth to the removal van....told him I got another 3 companies coming over to give me a quote and will pick the cheapest one.
900 seems pretty good to me. Think I paid about 700, but 4 lads and 50dibs each at end made it 900.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

...bitching paying some desi 900 chips to lug heavy stuff up and down the lift.
...paying double to some pips to clean the oven is alright.

another example of desi treating desi badly.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
...bitching paying some desi 900 chips to lug heavy stuff up and down the lift.
...paying double to some pips to clean the oven is alright.

another example of desi treating desi badly.
err no, not at all.
whenever I have moved apartments from one location to another (and I have moved several times over the last 9 years I have been here) I have never paid more than AED 1500 and I have virtually the same amount of furniture being moved. So AED 900 to take stuff down 3 flrs in the same building, seems too much to me.
as for the deep cleaning that is the cheapest quote I have had - other companies were quoting around the 2k mark,
so please do not make assumptions!
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
900 seems pretty good to me. Think I paid about 700, but 4 lads and 50dibs each at end made it 900.
if the other companies come in at around the same quote then that'll be an indication that it is the going rate.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mission
if the other companies come in at around the same quote then that'll be an indication that it is the going rate.

Why not just pay the security guards. That's what I'd do in this situation. They would love that extra income.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Why not just pay the security guards. That's what I'd do in this situation. They would love that extra income.
that's a very good suggestion...however I am in hotel/apartment and so I am fairly certain the hotel security people would not be able to 'freelance' like that.