Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Most pleasing death in a film ?

Most pleasing death in a film ?

Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most pleasing death in a film ?

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
No the most satisfying death in a film was when the ex husband in "sleeping with the enemy" croaks....

Not the greatest movie in the world, but I saw it in the cinema all those years ago and the audience burst into applause at that point.... (now that was weird)
Patrick Bergin.......... he won a "Raspberry" (Worst Actor "Oscars") for that.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:49 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Patrick Bergin.......... he won a "Raspberry" (Worst Actor "Oscars") for that.
Perhaps that's why the audience clapped - the end to his bad acting - It was bloody years ago... 1991!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:18 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Think it used to change hands every 100 years or so.

Bloody turncoats (joke!).

x
I was born in Berwick. A very confusing place, with a football team that plays in the Scottish league (they beat Glasgow Rangers in the cup once), where they eat fish suppers and read the Daily Record and the Broons, but when it's the World Cup, you see the flag of St. George everywhere.

That last bit may be something to do with Scotland's football team, mind.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:44 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Has to be Braveheart....

An English hating Australian actor playing an English hating Scottish bloke who gets tortured and killed by the English
Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction was one....I am sure I will think of others.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Al Pacino in Scarface.....what a way to go!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:55 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Arachnaphobia.........every last one of em
Euuuuuuw heebie jeebies.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Old Blue Eyes, Mr Sinatra, Von Ryans Express !
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an advocate of torture, but I like how that corrupt cop in the movie "Man on Fire" was straightened out...

He was the guy who's fingers was cut off and the got his car set ablaze...
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:34 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

was that the one who had the bomb inserted into his anus?

and you think that was the "most pleasing death in a film"?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
was that the one who had the bomb inserted into his anus?

and you think that was the "most pleasing death in a film"?

tres extreme! DaWarrior likes it rough, don't you baby?

I sobbed pathetically at the end of that movie (shame i was on a plane!). Great film.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

That last bit may be something to do with Scotland's football team, mind.
lovely little bit of self deprecation there.., i'm sure it will protect you from the soccer masses!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

for al dente, sorryyyyy

Gerald Butler in PS I love you, for the awful accent alone!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:44 am
Just Joined

jiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked it when the gargoyle thingy was pushed off the church roof and went through the reporters head in "Hot Fuzz". Very graphic.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
for al dente, sorryyyyy

Gerald Butler in PS I love you, for the awful accent alone!
ohhh, that film is fantastic, it doesn't matter about his accent...

MM, xx
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jiffy
I liked it when the gargoyle thingy was pushed off the church roof and went through the reporters head in "Hot Fuzz". Very graphic.
Reminds me of the flagpole on the church being struck by lightning and projecting itself through Dr Who's head in The Omen...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.