Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Most notable performance of the Olympics

Most notable performance of the Olympics

Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most notable performance of the Olympics

Originally Posted by The Dean
I've never forgotten the embarrassment of Eddie The Eagle...........
Why? I love Eddie. We should be proud of him. He used to train on the roof of his house.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Why? I love Eddie. We should be proud of him. He used to train on the roof of his house.
Yes...... but the trouble was that he never actually got any better......... at least the rower this time (and swimmer 'Eric The Eel' previously) were actually improving race-by-race........ I remember that presser when a journo asked him why he was embarrassing himself and his country at something he was crap at. Edwards replied 'Could you do it?', to which the journo said 'Not right now, but after more than fifty ski jumps, which you've done, I'd be better than you are'.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
Rudisha: he was the odds on 'bet your house on this' favourite. He was a lot more of a 'cert' than Bolt. However the way he ran the race and bagged a WR was amazing.

Wiggins time trial for me was THE performance. To beat the world TT champion Tony Martin by over 30 seconds over such a short distance 43K (If I recall correctly) was something else.
A someone who has played sports over the years and used running as a way of maintaining an average fitness and weight, I have to say I was in absolute awe at the way Rudisha ran that race.

But I dont mean tactically - i mean his running style - was so poised, fluid and natural he made breaking the world record look easy and actually looked like he could have easily knocked a second or more off the time.

I know his father was an olympian before him, but to me Rudisha Jr looked like he was born to run, his motion and movement and speed looks effortless and i think theres far more in his tank than he let loose on that gold-winning night.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 1:35 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goonerseba
A someone who has played sports over the years and used running as a way of maintaining an average fitness and weight, I have to say I was in absolute awe at the way Rudisha ran that race.

But I dont mean tactically - i mean his running style - was so poised, fluid and natural he made breaking the world record look easy and actually looked like he could have easily knocked a second or more off the time.

I know his father was an olympian before him, but to me Rudisha Jr looked like he was born to run, his motion and movement and speed looks effortless and i think theres far more in his tank than he let loose on that gold-winning night.
I totally agree - it was a sumptuous run, a thing of beauty and definitely the most individually brilliant performance I witnessed. I still pick the womens 4x100m relay team, though, because it took four individually superb runs plus three handovers, each of which was flawlessly executed at full speed (that hardly ever happens). And that rare combination of individual and team brilliance enabled them to dramatically surpass the fraudulently obtained old record. That was a unique set of circumstances and seems to have got very little attention even from what I can see in the US media maybe because it got lost in the deluge of amazing achievements.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:58 am
Banned

Little Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
What was the most eye-catching performance of the whole Olympics and why?
Brazilian javelin throw.......... and, I don't think you have to ask why. It's perfection

Old Aug 18th 2012, 10:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Boy
Brazilian javelin throw.......... and, I don't think you have to ask why. It's perfection

http://i.imgur.com/WR270.jpg
Except it's shopped.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Except it's shopped.
Thats devastating news. Way to burst my bubble Bahtaboy

Thanks a lot- My search for the perfect woman continues
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:29 pm
Banned

Bahta- Couldn't you have just let me go on believing? It was a cruel trick by the Photoshopper no doubt, but it brought so much pleasure to so many people, why ruin it for everyone?

It's art
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:52 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Most notable performance of the Olympics

Originally Posted by Little Boy
Bahta- Couldn't you have just let me go on believing? It was a cruel trick by the Photoshopper no doubt, but it brought so much pleasure to so many people, why ruin it for everyone?

It's art
Its not art. Its a big old ass.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by commander
Its not art. Its a big old ass.
Ah...Real men like them extra large. That thing is talking to me, I hear it loud and clear-it's saying "get over here and make me a baby". You can't hear it because I just don't think youre on the right frequency Commander, if ya know what I mean? You're not supposed to hear her siren song Commander..Top breeding stock like that only wants to attract the alpha males, not skinny little guys. Its mother natures way of strengthening the gene pool, so you're supposed to be repulsed, I on the other hand have been drooling all over my keyboard since I discovered the picture

Last edited by Little Boy; Aug 18th 2012 at 3:23 pm. Reason: Ah...To correct some gramatical errors
Old Aug 19th 2012, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Except it's shopped.
........... and wasn't taken at the Olympics...........
Old Aug 20th 2012, 10:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by The Dean
........... and wasn't taken at the Olympics...........
I didn't catch the Olympics this year so I don't know- The picture was sent to me by a dear friend - she may not be 100% real, but she's still beautiful.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Phelps?

The African chap rowing? (Poor that I can't remember the name / country, but he just loved being at the Olympics)

The American (I think) bloke who rand 200m with a broken back in the relay. That's some bollocks there.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:54 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

The American (I think) bloke who rand 200m with a broken back in the relay. That's some bollocks there.
You're just back from holiday so I'll be lenient.

It was a broken leg - whilst very impressive, the back would really have been superhuman
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
You're just back from holiday so I'll be lenient.

It was a broken leg - whilst very impressive, the back would really have been superhuman
Sorry. Memory is trying to remember things I agreed to do before leaving the office 2+ weeks ago.

Still, broken something, running 200m in an Olympic final, I think that's impressive, but wouldn't be most notable because it's just such an American thing to shout about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.