British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/most-expensive-pint-beer-dubai-552941/)

admon Aug 3rd 2008 8:48 am

The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Where is it..

The last year has seen the average pint price going up and up, more inflation than a Ranches villa..

Recent memory of prices sees Four Seasons at 35dhs, Irish Village & Belgian Beer Cafe at 28dhs, Century Village restaurants at 31dhs once you add in the service etc.

But I am sure the hallowed pint of beer can be found a lot more expensivein Dubai..

Madam Medusa Aug 3rd 2008 8:51 am

Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

a beer at the burj must be near the top of the list, or the china moon in raffles, or bar 44 in the grosvenor...

MM, xx

The Dean Aug 3rd 2008 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6640862)
a beer at the burj must be near the top of the list, or the china moon in raffles, or bar 44 in the grosvenor...

MM, xx

You wouldn't believe what I have to pay in Riyadh.........

Meow Aug 3rd 2008 9:44 am

Emirates Palace in AD charges Dhs45.

-

Madam Medusa Aug 3rd 2008 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6640939)
Emirates Palace in AD charges Dhs45.

-

that's a bargain then...they charge 40 dhs for a milk shake...!!

MM, xx

Spugsy Aug 3rd 2008 10:16 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6640856)
Where is it..

The last year has seen the average pint price going up and up, more inflation than a Ranches villa..

Recent memory of prices sees Four Seasons at 35dhs, Irish Village & Belgian Beer Cafe at 28dhs, Century Village restaurants at 31dhs once you add in the service etc.

But I am sure the hallowed pint of beer can be found a lot more expensivein Dubai..

aye and no doubt it'll keep going up and up, it's something that you accept over here, I'm sure I spent well over AED 700 on thursday night....

lionheart Aug 3rd 2008 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6640986)
aye and no doubt it'll keep going up and up, it's something that you accept over here, I'm sure I spent well over AED 700 on thursday night....

Yours truly spent AED70 yesterday at Waxy O'Connors for a full cooked breakfast (with pork bacon and sausages), five pints of Kilkenny bitter and a roast lamb/pork dinner with Yorkshire pud and roast potatos. The only downside was AED25 for five hours parking in the carpark. If anyone goes, do try upstairs with the comfy sofas and many TV screens rather than the dark and dismal bar downstairs. Its at the Ascot Hotel in Bank Street for those who don't know.

Madam Medusa Aug 3rd 2008 10:22 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6641003)
Hubby spent AED70 yesterday at Waxy O'Connors for a full cooked breakfast (with pork bacon and sausages), five pints of Kilkenny bitter and a roast lamb/pork dinner with Yorkshire pud and roast potatos. The only downside was AED25 for five hours parking in the carpark. If anyone goes, do try upstairs with the comfy sofas and many TV screens rather than the dark and dismal bar downstairs. Its at the Ascot Hotel in Bank Street for those who don't know.

hubby...is this mrs LH posting...??

MM, xx

Spugsy Aug 3rd 2008 10:25 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6641003)
Yours truly spent AED70 yesterday at Waxy O'Connors for a full cooked breakfast (with pork bacon and sausages), five pints of Kilkenny bitter and a roast lamb/pork dinner with Yorkshire pud and roast potatos. The only downside was AED25 for five hours parking in the carpark. If anyone goes, do try upstairs with the comfy sofas and many TV screens rather than the dark and dismal bar downstairs. Its at the Ascot Hotel in Bank Street for those who don't know.

there's no way that's right though?

Madam Medusa Aug 3rd 2008 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6641013)

yeah, that's the waxy's brunch...bargain eh...?

MM, xx

lionheart Aug 3rd 2008 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6641013)

Not sure what you mean. Sure they cannot make any profit and, rather surprisingly, it was not even busy. Got there at 12pm to watch the rugby and take breakfast, stayed for the cricket and the F1 qualifiers, then more cricket before eating dinner around 5pm...perfict:)

Spugsy Aug 3rd 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6641019)
yeah, that's the waxy's brunch...bargain eh...?

MM, xx

bargain? Jesus I nearly fell over, sounds BRILLIANT.

Spugsy Aug 3rd 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6641024)
Not sure what you mean. Sure they cannot make any profit and, rather surprisingly, it was not even busy. Got there at 12pm to watch the rugby and take breakfast, stayed for the cricket and the F1 qualifiers, then more cricket before eating dinner around 5pm...perfict:)

Sounds like heaven to me mate...

Cry haddock Aug 3rd 2008 12:33 pm

Heaven with a hint of beer stained carpet and a large dose of the less salubrious British beer drinking public. Go in with your eyes open and it's ok. Don't wear open shoes (beer, glass and toe treading) and try not to be Asian! (http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/03/14/access-denied.html).
I haven't been for two years for all the above reasons....nothing to do with them putting the price up from 50 Dhs.

Blue Cat Aug 3rd 2008 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Cry haddock (Post 6641296)
Heaven with a hint of beer stained carpet and a large dose of the less salubrious British beer drinking public. Go in with your eyes open and it's ok. Don't wear open shoes (beer, glass and toe treading) and try not to be Asian! (http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/03/14/access-denied.html).
I haven't been for two years for all the above reasons....nothing to do with them putting the price up from 50 Dhs.

was a very popular place at 50 dhs, most people had two breakfasts :):)