Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 8:48 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,287
admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Where is it..

The last year has seen the average pint price going up and up, more inflation than a Ranches villa..

Recent memory of prices sees Four Seasons at 35dhs, Irish Village & Belgian Beer Cafe at 28dhs, Century Village restaurants at 31dhs once you add in the service etc.

But I am sure the hallowed pint of beer can be found a lot more expensivein Dubai..
admon is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 8:51 am
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Madam Medusa's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 18,187
Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

a beer at the burj must be near the top of the list, or the china moon in raffles, or bar 44 in the grosvenor...

MM, xx
Madam Medusa is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:34 am
  #3  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
a beer at the burj must be near the top of the list, or the china moon in raffles, or bar 44 in the grosvenor...

MM, xx
You wouldn't believe what I have to pay in Riyadh.........
The Dean is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:44 am
  #4  
Bored liberal
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,704
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Emirates Palace in AD charges Dhs45.

-
Meow is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:12 am
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Madam Medusa's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 18,187
Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Emirates Palace in AD charges Dhs45.

-
that's a bargain then...they charge 40 dhs for a milk shake...!!

MM, xx
Madam Medusa is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:16 am
  #6  
why ayeeeee man!
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by admon View Post
Where is it..

The last year has seen the average pint price going up and up, more inflation than a Ranches villa..

Recent memory of prices sees Four Seasons at 35dhs, Irish Village & Belgian Beer Cafe at 28dhs, Century Village restaurants at 31dhs once you add in the service etc.

But I am sure the hallowed pint of beer can be found a lot more expensivein Dubai..
aye and no doubt it'll keep going up and up, it's something that you accept over here, I'm sure I spent well over AED 700 on thursday night....
Spugsy is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:21 am
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
aye and no doubt it'll keep going up and up, it's something that you accept over here, I'm sure I spent well over AED 700 on thursday night....
Yours truly spent AED70 yesterday at Waxy O'Connors for a full cooked breakfast (with pork bacon and sausages), five pints of Kilkenny bitter and a roast lamb/pork dinner with Yorkshire pud and roast potatos. The only downside was AED25 for five hours parking in the carpark. If anyone goes, do try upstairs with the comfy sofas and many TV screens rather than the dark and dismal bar downstairs. Its at the Ascot Hotel in Bank Street for those who don't know.
lionheart is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:22 am
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Madam Medusa's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 18,187
Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Hubby spent AED70 yesterday at Waxy O'Connors for a full cooked breakfast (with pork bacon and sausages), five pints of Kilkenny bitter and a roast lamb/pork dinner with Yorkshire pud and roast potatos. The only downside was AED25 for five hours parking in the carpark. If anyone goes, do try upstairs with the comfy sofas and many TV screens rather than the dark and dismal bar downstairs. Its at the Ascot Hotel in Bank Street for those who don't know.
hubby...is this mrs LH posting...??

MM, xx
Madam Medusa is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:25 am
  #9  
why ayeeeee man!
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Yours truly spent AED70 yesterday at Waxy O'Connors for a full cooked breakfast (with pork bacon and sausages), five pints of Kilkenny bitter and a roast lamb/pork dinner with Yorkshire pud and roast potatos. The only downside was AED25 for five hours parking in the carpark. If anyone goes, do try upstairs with the comfy sofas and many TV screens rather than the dark and dismal bar downstairs. Its at the Ascot Hotel in Bank Street for those who don't know.
there's no way that's right though?
Spugsy is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:26 am
  #10  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Madam Medusa's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 18,187
Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
there's no way that's right though?
yeah, that's the waxy's brunch...bargain eh...?

MM, xx
Madam Medusa is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:28 am
  #11  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
there's no way that's right though?
Not sure what you mean. Sure they cannot make any profit and, rather surprisingly, it was not even busy. Got there at 12pm to watch the rugby and take breakfast, stayed for the cricket and the F1 qualifiers, then more cricket before eating dinner around 5pm...perfict
lionheart is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:34 am
  #12  
why ayeeeee man!
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
yeah, that's the waxy's brunch...bargain eh...?

MM, xx
bargain? Jesus I nearly fell over, sounds BRILLIANT.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:34 am
  #13  
why ayeeeee man!
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Not sure what you mean. Sure they cannot make any profit and, rather surprisingly, it was not even busy. Got there at 12pm to watch the rugby and take breakfast, stayed for the cricket and the F1 qualifiers, then more cricket before eating dinner around 5pm...perfict
Sounds like heaven to me mate...
Spugsy is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:33 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Cry haddock's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 244
Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Heaven with a hint of beer stained carpet and a large dose of the less salubrious British beer drinking public. Go in with your eyes open and it's ok. Don't wear open shoes (beer, glass and toe treading) and try not to be Asian! (http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/03/14/access-denied.html).
I haven't been for two years for all the above reasons....nothing to do with them putting the price up from 50 Dhs.
Cry haddock is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:49 pm
  #15  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Expensive Pint of Beer in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Cry haddock View Post
Heaven with a hint of beer stained carpet and a large dose of the less salubrious British beer drinking public. Go in with your eyes open and it's ok. Don't wear open shoes (beer, glass and toe treading) and try not to be Asian! (http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/03/14/access-denied.html).
I haven't been for two years for all the above reasons....nothing to do with them putting the price up from 50 Dhs.
was a very popular place at 50 dhs, most people had two breakfasts
Blue Cat is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.