Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:23 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
In the last days before the next Gen election, the Tories promise everyone the earth. Tories win.

In the days, weeks and months after, it becomes obvious that the Tories cannot deliver.

In the UK, you can either wait till the net Gen Election to get rid of them, or call for a vote of no confidence (Interestingly enough, the tactic used by the Tories in '79 to get Maggie into power!!).The point is, the UK gets to decide who governs it in a couple of different ways, most often a vote held every four or so years.

Scotland just had a vote to determine not only who governs it, but how it is perceived in a Global perspective. A far more wide-ranging and important vote than a GE. One from where, if Independence is chosen, there is no going back from (Thank God!!).

If the Unionist parties are found wanting in producing on their 'vows' to the Scottish people, then, yes, re-run the referendum. If Cameron et al. had told us before the vote that there were some serious caveats that were not made clear in the original vow, as they did in the weeks after the vote, can we honestly say that people had a clear picture of what they got either way?
Understood - so have a referendum every five or so years, then if the yes vote wins, you can decide five years later if it was a good or bad move. And revert back to the union if necessary?
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:27 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Understood - so have a referendum every five or so years, then if the yes vote wins, you can decide five years later if it was a good or bad move. And revert back to the union if necessary?
No, to understand something you have to read it. Go back, read every word, and try again..

I state that, if Scotland vote for Independence, there is NO GOING BACK..

And here lies a perfect example of the 'clarity' of commentators. Here, you are only 'broadcasting' to BE readers. Without a response from me, many would read your 2-liner and assume you were correct.

Unfortunately, like many media commentators, you read half, decide yourself the pithy point you want to try and make, and run with it...

Imagine how that magnifies in the printed and electronic press....

Ill dicsuss Scot Nat internet bampot's as well, if you want...

Last edited by TGFKASE; Apr 6th 2015 at 7:31 am. Reason: Additional comment..
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I honestly believe the calls for another referendum will occur within the next 3-5 years..

SNP brought Scotland to the water, but it is actually the Unionists that are making us drink.. Karma is a bitch..
In the last days before the next Gen election, the Tories promise everyone the earth. Tories win.

.....honestly say that people had a clear picture of what they got either way?
I think it would be interesting to see how many of Salmond's ideas, theories, commitments, facts and promises would have unraveled as quickly.

For every point in favour there is a point against and vice versa. For every argument that one side's promises are lies, there's one against.

I think that will keep the vote from swinging to Yes for the short term.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:37 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add, the most proven dangerous woman 'Britain' has ever had was Thatcher. She would not have been NEAR as dangerous if it wasn't for the black gold that lies beneath Scottish waters which bankrolled her...

I pray that we get no-one as dangerous as her again...
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

All of the SNP's projections were based on $100+/barrel oil prices.
would be interested to see the same based on $50/barrel prices.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:59 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
All of the SNP's projections were based on $100+/barrel oil prices.
would be interested to see the same based on $50/barrel prices.
Inse, old boy... How the devil are you..?

Point of order, tho. EVERYONES projections were based on $100+ oil. In fact, SNP were using more conservative estimates than others..!!

Brent Crude and Tx Intermediate are going to rebound, just as they have always done when the market has been manipulated, as is the case now. How can I say that you ask? Because I have a VERY limited knowledge of Economics but quite a good grasp of Global Oil.

Supply & Demand. There, the cat is out of the bag. Panics over, move along, nothing to see here...
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:02 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think it would be interesting to see how many of Salmond's ideas, theories, commitments, facts and promises would have unraveled as quickly.

For every point in favour there is a point against and vice versa. For every argument that one side's promises are lies, there's one against.

I think that will keep the vote from swinging to Yes for the short term.
But here is the great thing about Independence....

Once we have it, we can can vote in the people who tell us it straight. We are big boys and girls, and we can handle the truth.

If Salmonds and Sturgeons statements leak like a sieve, we listen to Scottish Labour, or Scottish Tories etc etc.. Then WE get the government WE want..

A vote for Independence is NOT a vote for an SNP government. A vote for the SNP party IS a vote for Independence. There is a difference..
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:22 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW if I had been eligible to vote then I would have given the ginger sweaty ones their freedom.

My only concern would have been how long before they came crawling back and who would have to pay to bail them out.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

While you're part of the Union, there's no such thing as Scottish Oil, only British oil.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:35 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Turkeys voting for Christmas.

While you're part of the Union, there's no such thing as Scottish Oil, only British oil.
Oh, look... Its break time...

Point of order...

There is no such thing as British Oil...

What you are alluding to, (and I am giving you a MASSIVE piece of benefit of the doubt, because I am MASSIVELY sure that you have no idea really what you are talking about), could possibly be classified as UK oil.

Now, with that little clue, I am going to let you run off to Google and educate yourself on this subject so that you don't make a fool of yourself again....

Hell, its Easter, heres another little 'egg'...... UKCS...

Have fun....

Bye, bye...

Now, any adults want to chat about the facts regarding Scottish Independence??
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, I'm sitting here, laughing and trying not to snort my coke through my nose (don't worry, it's the brownish liquid stuff, not the white powdery kind).

This is what I'm taking away from you:

1. Referendum said no, but that doesn't matter because we can always change our mind in the future and vote yes. But if we vote yes, we can't change our mind in the future and have another referendum to rejoin the UK?

Ok. Got it.

Now, to quote you:

2. "And here lies a perfect example of the 'clarity' of commentators. Here, you are only 'broadcasting' to BE readers. Without a response from me, many would read your 2-liner and assume you were correct.

Unfortunately, like many media commentators, you read half, decide yourself the pithy point you want to try and make, and run with it..."

I see.

It's only the naysayers on here who's doing it, but not you. You're different. Got it. Even thought everything you've said is uncited and you also seem to be pulling things out of thin air without backing them up and, to quote you, "decide yourself the pithy point you want to try and make and run with it." Your comment about SNP's oil figures being more cautious is a perfect example. More cautious than whose? The UK government or the oil companies themselves, or some wacky blog somewhere? Big difference. Which is it? But by not confirming it you did a nice trick there and your pithy (and uncited) point certainly did its job in leaving a lingering doubt intended to weaken the opposing claim.

Mate, I understand why many people want independence. I don't doubt Scotland would survive decently enough as an independent country. But to try to pretend the SNP didn't run its own ruthlessly efficient and nasty political machine during the referendum is, well, just pure denial. It was fascinating to watch and doubtlessly books will be written on their modus operandus.

No, to understand something you have to read it. Go back, read every word, and try again..

I state that, if Scotland vote for Independence, there is NO GOING BACK..

And here lies a perfect example of the 'clarity' of commentators. Here, you are only 'broadcasting' to BE readers. Without a response from me, many would read your 2-liner and assume you were correct.

Unfortunately, like many media commentators, you read half, decide yourself the pithy point you want to try and make, and run with it...

Imagine how that magnifies in the printed and electronic press....

Ill dicsuss Scot Nat internet bampot's as well, if you want...
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:38 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Dumbo
FWIW if I had been eligible to vote then I would have given the ginger sweaty ones their freedom.

My only concern would have been how long before they came crawling back and who would have to pay to bail them out.
Sometimes it amazes me how well people match their BE user names...

I had considered treating your racist comments with the contempt they deserve..

But, just to set your mind at rest, once we are gone, you can never have us back...
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Possibly classified? Or Is?

You're part of the UK, so it's UK oil.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:51 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes it amazes me how well people match their BE user names...

I had considered treating your racist comments with the contempt they deserve..

But, just to set your mind at rest, once we are gone, you can never have us back...
By using the term 'sassenach' you were being extremely respectful weren't you?

Not sure what is racist about ginger and sweaty people, some of my best friends are ginger and sweaty, especially Sweaty Ginger Bob.

You cut me to the quick there over my user name, well done, not many would have used that. I am trying to work out what TGFKASE stands for is 'This Guy F***in Knows About Scotland Everybody' close?

That was entirely my point, they would come back and would need bailing out after wasting all the money on sweets.

Last edited by Dumbo; Apr 6th 2015 at 8:58 am.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dumbo

That was entirely my point, they would come back and would need bailing out after wasting all the money on sweets.
I think you'll find they were promised jam tomorrow, not sweets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.