Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Old Apr 28th 2015, 10:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Scamp, it ain't worth it.

When dealing with hard core partisans, especially nationalist partisans, you must remember they will ever only look at the subject in one way. Trying to present alternative viewpoints rarely, if ever, works.
I am not a Scottish Nationalist.

I am a Scottish nationalist.

Big difference without the capitalisation...
Old Apr 28th 2015, 10:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Scamp, it ain't worth it.

When dealing with hard core partisans, especially nationalist partisans, you must remember they will ever only look at the subject in one way. Trying to present alternative viewpoints rarely, if ever, works.
to be fair independence is a pretty open and shut book. Either a country is or isnt and as such its not really a debatable issue with valid alternative points of view. The means, methods, ability to survive, economically grow etc may well all be debatable but the fundamental belief to the right to self determination and nationhood isnt really debatable at all.

There may be a myriad of different ways of managing an economy for example but Scottish independence is a binary issue.

All but a few nutjobs are content with the result of the referendum and all but a few nutjobs see the 45% as a number we never thought we'd see in our lifetime.

Given the impeding SNP success ( be it 30 or 58 seats) id say 99.9% of nationalist Scots are pretty much as happy as pigs in shit at the moment.

We know there will be no unilateral declaration made this time round but who cares, we are flexing as much muscle as we have and cant ask for more than that in a democracy.

Nobody really expects independence anytime soon but the last 3 years have seen a move towards it that by any measure should have taken 20 or more years to achieve.

As far as most of us are concered whats not to like.

Last edited by shiva; Apr 28th 2015 at 10:48 am.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I am not a Scottish Nationalist.

I am a Scottish nationalist.

Big difference without the capitalisation...
POINT OF INFORMATION!!!!!

DXBtoDOH was pretty short on capital Ns in his post, but don't let the facts get in your way.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 11:42 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos
POINT OF INFORMATION!!!!!

DXBtoDOH was pretty short on capital Ns in his post, but don't let the facts get in your way.
OK, Ill bite...

D2D used the term 'partisan'. Look up 'partisan', then consider removing your post....
Old Apr 28th 2015, 12:09 pm
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

OK, Ill bite...

D2D used the term 'partisan'. Look up 'partisan', then consider removing your post....
an adherent or supporter of a person, group, party, or cause, especially a person who shows a biased, emotional allegiance.

Partisan | Define Partisan at Dictionary.com

Am I being thick again?

As Scamp says the referendum happened, you lost, get over it, if you don't it will eat you up inside.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

OK, Ill bite...

I'm quite happy standing by what I say thanks, rather than feeling the need to retcon things and making abstruse attempts to parse my statements
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Im struggling to see where I suggest we didnt democratically decide to stay in the UK....
Cool, so you're happy that we 'begged' you to stay with offers of wonderful new powers?

What of these, haven't come through then? OR have been completely reneged?

I hear this a lot at the moment but not many folk seem to know what has changed.

Surely politicians haven't been flexible with the truth? Surely Salmond, Cameron et al didn't make claims in the referendum run up that they knew would be hard or impossible to keep?
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Teresa May says this is the worst constitutional crisis since the Abdication. Really ? Worse than the marital squabbles of the Windsors ? Oh no !
Old Apr 29th 2015, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Reality check, mate. You already posted this on the previous page.

You don't want to give off the impression of an old fart who spends his day hunched over a keyboard in a darkened room in a shabby bungalow somewhere, posting in the comment sections of newspapers and who thinks the height of intellectualism is to post non sequitur one liners copied from someone's twitter account.

Originally Posted by scot47
Teresa May says this is the worst constitutional crisis since the Abdication. Really ? Worse than the marital squabbles of the Windsors ? Oh no !
Old Apr 29th 2015, 8:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Scamp
Cool, so you're happy that we 'begged' you to stay with offers of wonderful new powers?

What of these, haven't come through then? OR have been completely reneged?

I hear this a lot at the moment but not many folk seem to know what has changed.

Surely politicians haven't been flexible with the truth? Surely Salmond, Cameron et al didn't make claims in the referendum run up that they knew would be hard or impossible to keep?
Im really start to question how my words can be misinterpreted so much...

I never said I am happy about the result, obviously Im not.

As I have said before, this was not an election, it was a referendum. These do not come around every 4 years, we cannot call for a vote of no confidence.. Therefore, the usual methods of calling out a political party for deceiving the population are not available to the Scots.

The only way we CAN register our disapproval is to change the political landscape, from a Westminster perspective, and this is what you are seeing..

Regarding the delivery of the vow...

Breaching purdah rules allowed the vow to be delivered to the Scots as fact, without sufficient time to disseminate and query the vows content..

The Vow was being ripped to shreds by Cameron within hours of finding out the Scots had, by majority, voted to stay in the Union.. There was no mention anywhere that the powers promised was subject to the implementation of EVEL.. You would have to be a UKIP supporter to not realise that this was going to be the first 'excuse' for not carrying thru on the promises and timelines.. And, so far, that has been borne out..

I was in no way stUKIP enough to think that every promise was, or could, be carried out.. However, there are still some people in both Scotland AND England that believe politicians are honorable people..

Who you ask? Look at the demographic that swung the Independence vote to No....
Old Apr 29th 2015, 9:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Im really start to question how my words can be misinterpreted so much...

I never said I am happy about the result, obviously Im not.

As I have said before, this was not an election, it was a referendum. These do not come around every 4 years, we cannot call for a vote of no confidence.. Therefore, the usual methods of calling out a political party for deceiving the population are not available to the Scots.

The only way we CAN register our disapproval is to change the political landscape, from a Westminster perspective, and this is what you are seeing..

Regarding the delivery of the vow...

Breaching purdah rules allowed the vow to be delivered to the Scots as fact, without sufficient time to disseminate and query the vows content..

The Vow was being ripped to shreds by Cameron within hours of finding out the Scots had, by majority, voted to stay in the Union.. There was no mention anywhere that the powers promised was subject to the implementation of EVEL.. You would have to be a UKIP supporter to not realise that this was going to be the first 'excuse' for not carrying thru on the promises and timelines.. And, so far, that has been borne out..

I was in no way stUKIP enough to think that every promise was, or could, be carried out.. However, there are still some people in both Scotland AND England that believe politicians are honorable people..

Who you ask? Look at the demographic that swung the Independence vote to No....
I didn't say you were happy with the result, well I didn't mean to if it sounded like that.

I think the whole thing looks farcical now. One side argued that x% of Salmond's plans were completely unrealistic and unsustainable. The other argued for more and more devolution of powers.

Problem is, only one side can be proved right or wrong / honest or dishonest at a time.

That being said, I agree, as independent nations or a collective the opinion of voters is that we rarely get the truth, whole truth and subsequent action.

EVEL is an interesting one, but I don't know huge amounts about it. It's a principal that makes a lot of sense but quite hard to implement properly.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Shabby bungalow ! No. I plead guilty to all other charges. I am pleased that one of my fans spotted my deliberate mistake ! Well done !
Old Apr 30th 2015, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Letter from a neighbour (The RAF type, not the Gurka-wallah)

Letters to The National, April 29 | Comment | The National

Last edited by scot47; Apr 30th 2015 at 2:44 pm.
Old May 3rd 2015, 9:06 pm