British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   MM and bad lighting LOL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mm-bad-lighting-lol-629078/)

Eva Sep 5th 2009 10:31 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7903445)
Why the ??? If you had failed to leave when asked to do so, the manager would have been perfectly entitled to call the Police. Why do some Brits here think they are above the law?:thumbdown:

Jeezuz H Shadlad,
You don't half take the rip outta the meaning of 'Nil Desperandum'

Oh, as I recall, aren't you thinking of entrusting your daughter's education to 'terrible' British people ...in the near future..in the UK where schooling is free......because UK residents pay taxes for the privelege.

I'm sure I read a post or two about it some time ago. All one way or the other Shad.

spart Sep 5th 2009 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7906549)
Jeezuz H Shadlad,

Oh, as I recall, aren't you thinking of entrusting your daughter's education to 'terrible' British people ...in the near future..in the UK where schooling is free......because UK residents pay taxes for the privelage.

I'm sure I read a post or two about it some time ago. All one way or the other Shad.

And the H in Jeezuz H is for Hypocrisy....Oh..you awful Brits/Americans/Aussies (insert name of favourite target)...you come here and ignore our rules and demand to be paid above the line for your services, and drink and criticise our lack of ethics, oh..and can we please have residency in your countries and send our kids there for schooling and our sick there for health care and and..

Eva Sep 5th 2009 11:30 am

Originally Posted by spart (Post 7906631)
And the H in Jeezuz H is for Hypocrisy....Oh..you awful Brits/Americans/Aussies (insert name of favourite target)...you come here and ignore our rules and demand to be paid above the line for your services, and drink and criticise our lack of ethics, oh..and can we please have residency in your countries and send our kids there for schooling and our sick there for health care and and..

:blink::confused: I'm not sure I see what you are saying.
Must be the bad lighting;) can you go to idiot level for me please?

Shadya Sep 5th 2009 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7906549)
Jeezuz H Shadlad,

Oh, as I recall, aren't you thinking of entrusting your daughter's education to 'terrible' British people ...in the near future..in the UK where schooling is free......because UK residents pay taxes for the privelege.

You seem to have missed my point, as usual. My reference was to Brits HERE wanting to be above the law. In their own country, most Brits are perfectly okay.

Patsy Stoned Sep 5th 2009 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7906830)
You seem to have missed my point, as usual. My reference was to Brits HERE wanting to be above the law. In their own country, most Brits are perfectly okay.

LOL!!!!!! hmmm right!!!

commander Sep 5th 2009 1:50 pm

Being a tight fisted jock, I would have been ragin, then gizzled the lot straight from the bottle..

Where do the hotels get off even sellimg you that when they are about to shut shop..

commander Sep 5th 2009 1:52 pm

Shadya, if brits are that bad, why pray tell did you marry one? Passport aside of course..

spart Sep 5th 2009 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7906657)
:blink::confused: I'm not sure I see what you are saying.
Must be the bad lighting;) can you go to idiot level for me please?

In simple terms...I see boundless hypocrisy here. Westerners are demonised as being morally corrupt, and an affront to local sensibilities, yet dozens of people I meet here would desperately like to have a Brit/US/Canada/Aus passport/education/health care system.

Shadya appears to be one of the many.:blink:

commander Sep 5th 2009 2:25 pm

She came up trumps at the 'grab a UK grandad night' bless

Shadya Sep 5th 2009 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7906967)
She came up trumps at the 'grab a UK grandad night' bless

And people wonder why fewer and fewer participate in British Expats Forum when guys like you are around. Did I say all Brits were bad? Read more carefully old codger.

commander Sep 5th 2009 3:27 pm

Shadya, you walked right into that one...really...

Patsy Stoned Sep 5th 2009 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7907034)
And people wonder why fewer and fewer participate in British Expats Forum when guys like you are around. Did I say all Brits were bad? Read more carefully old codger.

don't be so sanctimonious Shadya, you have been known to make scathing sweeping comments about people and their posts. You give it out, learn to take it!!

Shadya Sep 5th 2009 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 7907108)
don't be so sanctimonious Shadya, you have been known to make scathing sweeping comments about people and their posts. You give it out, learn to take it!!

But I think you will find that I never make offensive remarks about a poster's marriage and personal life. Some of you people are incredibly abusive at times.

commander Sep 5th 2009 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7907189)
But I think you will find that I never make offensive remarks about a poster's marriage and personal life. Some of you people are incredibly abusive at times.

group hug?

Patsy Stoned Sep 5th 2009 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7907189)

Please do not include me in that sweeping statement "you people" I do not care nor have I commented on your personal situation