British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   MM and bad lighting LOL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mm-bad-lighting-lol-629078/)

Patsy Stoned Sep 4th 2009 6:41 am

MM and bad lighting LOL
 
So...MM and I went out for dinner last night and decided to have a last drink at the Neos bar at the Address hotel.
MM looked at the wine list and decided to upgrade our wine to a particular favourite of hers and very lovely it was too :D

However when we got the bill, what MM thought said 395 actually said 595! Mind you they also charge 50+dhs for a small bottle of water!!
Then they turned the lights on 15mins into us opening the bottle and told us they close at 1am during Ramadan!!! We 'politely' told them that we were going to stay until we finished our wine :)

Madam Medusa Sep 4th 2009 7:22 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 
come on, i'm blonde...was bloody nice wine, mind...

MM, xx

seven seas Sep 4th 2009 8:45 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 
Lucky they didn't just call the poplice and let them deal with it.

Would have been another headline for Torygraph-readers to get hysterical over.

Patsy Stoned Sep 4th 2009 10:01 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 7903185)
Lucky they didn't just call the poplice and let them deal with it.

Would have been another headline for Torygraph-readers to get hysterical over.

?????????????????????

Shadya Sep 4th 2009 10:58 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 7903360)
?????????????????????

Why the ??? If you had failed to leave when asked to do so, the manager would have been perfectly entitled to call the Police. Why do some Brits here think they are above the law?:thumbdown:

The Dean Sep 4th 2009 11:10 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7903445)
Why the ??? If you had failed to leave when asked to do so, the manager would have been perfectly entitled to call the Police. Why do some Brits here think they are above the law?:thumbdown:

Of course, MM and Patsy are in no way suggesting that the restaurant was behaving in a cynical, money-grabbing manner by selling them a product they simply did not have time to consume........... and without warning them of the fact.

No hotel restaurant in Dubai would ever ever ever do such a deceitful thing..............

MacScot Sep 4th 2009 11:16 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7903479)
Of course, MM and Patsy are in no way suggesting that the restaurant was behaving in a cynical, money-grabbing manner by selling them a product they simply did not have time to consume........... and without warning them of the fact.

No hotel restaurant in Dubai would ever ever ever do such a deceitful thing..............

Seconded.

In my restaurant in Melbourne, I always allowed customers to finish off their wine even after closing the doors. Often got involved and had a good impromptu conversation and more to finish off a good end to the night !

Madam Medusa Sep 4th 2009 11:31 am

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7903445)
Why the ??? If you had failed to leave when asked to do so, the manager would have been perfectly entitled to call the Police. Why do some Brits here think they are above the law?:thumbdown:

we don't think we are above the law, what a ridiculous thing to say...we would never refuse to leave if we'd been speifically asked to do so, the point was that we didn't really have enough time to enjoy the wine, and they should have told us when we ordered it that they were closing early...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Sep 4th 2009 1:17 pm

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7903532)
we don't think we are above the law, what a ridiculous thing to say...we would never refuse to leave if we'd been speifically asked to do so, the point was that we didn't really have enough time to enjoy the wine, and they should have told us when we ordered it that they were closing early...

MM, xx

595 dhs!! I would have had a heart attack! :p

Patsy Stoned Sep 4th 2009 1:33 pm

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7903445)
Why the ??? If you had failed to leave when asked to do so, the manager would have been perfectly entitled to call the Police. Why do some Brits here think they are above the law?:thumbdown:

Shadya, get off your high horse/brit bashing podium!! My point is exactly as others read it, it would have been nice if they had informed us that they would be closing in 15mins. As it was we stayed there until 2am enjoying the wine whilst we waited for everybody to leave, why stand in a Q for the lift when we could stay at the bar enjoying our wine!! :D

Blue Cat Sep 4th 2009 1:34 pm

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 7903927)
Shadya, get off your high horse/brit bashing podium!! My point is exactly as others read it, it would have been nice if they had informed us that they would be closing in 15mins. As it was we stayed there until 2am enjoying the wine whilst we waited for everybody to leave, why stand in a Q for the lift when we could stay at the bar enjoying our wine!! :D

you tell her Patsy! she is the Queen of Gloom and Doom!

Patsy Stoned Sep 4th 2009 1:34 pm

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7903859)
595 dhs!! I would have had a heart attack! :p

it was a lovely wine though :D

Blue Cat Sep 4th 2009 1:36 pm

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 7903930)
it was a lovely wine though :D

I believe you :p

Patsy Stoned Sep 4th 2009 1:38 pm

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7903501)
Seconded.

In my restaurant in Melbourne, I always allowed customers to finish off their wine even after closing the doors. Often got involved and had a good impromptu conversation and more to finish off a good end to the night !

Me too. I would sit with customers until the early hours, especially this 1 table who were ordering bottles of Dom with Hennesy XO chasers :D If it had been glasses of lager they would have been out the door. I never minded "lates" but my rule was "Top Shelf" only ;)

Roadking Sep 4th 2009 1:40 pm

Re: MM and bad lighting LOL
 

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7903445)
Why the ??? If you had failed to leave when asked to do so, the manager would have been perfectly entitled to call the Police. Why do some Brits here think they are above the law?:thumbdown:

Cause some of us are?


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:57 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.