Metro Ticket Query

Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:32 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Metro Ticket Query

Has anybody been yet? According to the official blurb, you can buy Nol Silver Cards at any of the Public Bus Stations, Marine Transport Offices or RTA Customer Service Centers (22 in all) but none of these locations are easily accessible to me. So can we also buy the cards at the Metro stations? If not, can we still use the trains by simply buying paper tickets there? Will they accept coins as well as credit cards, which I believe they do accept at some locations. Just want to be sure we can use the bloody thing before walking 200 yards to the nearest station. Many thanks...and yes I have tried researching the umpteen websites, but still confused.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Metro Ticket Query

http://www.gulfnews.com/indepth/dubaimetro/ might be some information here
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:20 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.gulfnews.com/indepth/dubaimetro/ might be some information here
Nope, tried all of the websites. Found that Cry Haddock on another similar thread has already been so will ask there.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lionheart
Nope, tried all of the websites. Found that Cry Haddock on another similar thread has already been so will ask there.
Sorry - just back online - i just bought the redticket which i was told cost me 4.50 for the one way - 2 for the ticket and 2.50 for the trip itself. As it turned out it managed to get me home too, which i can't work out - i guess the return must have been billed at 1.80 (the NOL card rate) and they allocate my 2dhs to that. 7.30am and the station was nice and quiet, machines took notes and coins, and i think cards too. 5pm tonight was carnage with muppets, as expected.
CH
Old Sep 11th 2009, 8:46 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Has anybody been yet? According to the official blurb, you can buy Nol Silver Cards at any of the Public Bus Stations, Marine Transport Offices or RTA Customer Service Centers (22 in all) but none of these locations are easily accessible to me. So can we also buy the cards at the Metro stations? If not, can we still use the trains by simply buying paper tickets there? Will they accept coins as well as credit cards, which I believe they do accept at some locations. Just want to be sure we can use the bloody thing before walking 200 yards to the nearest station. Many thanks...and yes I have tried researching the umpteen websites, but still confused.
For some reason, I now pictire LH as a 350lb couch potato who would break into sweat walking to the fridge, for less walking 200yds.....
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:50 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
For some reason, I now pictire LH as a 350lb couch potato who would break into sweat walking to the fridge, for less walking 200yds.....
you're wrong