British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   From Meow's favourite Rag (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/meows-favourite-rag-663753/)

Meow Apr 13th 2010 1:38 pm

Re: From Meow's favourite Rag

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8492539)
Bloody Ridiculous! And I am sorry to say this is why women in the services is not a good idea!

Same applies to men. Childcare & families are not just female issues.

As military service is optional, joining up implies that you accept the restrictions. If you can't deal with it then you should resign and find a fluffy job instead.

-

zoukla Apr 13th 2010 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8492084)
Damn you for making me look at that link!

Bloody ridiculous. Didn't the daft woman realise that the army is not a 9-5 job?

-

Surprise Surprise...for all who do not know that the law is an ass.
Don't believe a lot of folk actually read the article.

While i concur the award is ridiculous..it shows consistency in the cases that come up for compensation...e.g

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1771560.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sh-bullet.html

There are a few facts we are not focussing on.

She is not a british national and while the rest of the ablebodied (some nationalist) folk on benefits decide not to sign up for 'Queen and country' They have an ongoing recruitment drive in the Caribbean and other ex empire regions to recruit people who still hold the 'mother country in high regard and long to serve the queen...and in an effort to maintain so psychological advantage of the empire...They fill the gaps in the shortage of troops.

She is obviously a fast learner or had a good advisor at citizen;s advice who told her what the other 'citizens are getting.

She was not pregnant when she joined..I think the queen would applaud her getting rid of it to serve queen and country; After three years of service this is quite unreasonable to get pregnant in service...Yes?

I believe this forum also hold as unreasonable that after four years with no reported misdemeanors......
'In December 2006 she missed training after her daughter fell ill, and in January 2007 she failed to appear on parade because of childcare difficulties.'

How many folks don't turn up for NHS duties, for Essential services because of this...?

I met real cases of mothers who had no family to help even with a job for afterschool and are caught in the grip of working hence being capped for benefits...

Its a vicious cycle....This is what still happens in Britain for those who have been out of the system..I celebrated my first anniversary out of the UK this week so its all fresh
It remains...a country in denial? :o

Inselaffen Apr 14th 2010 2:17 am

Originally Posted by zoukla (Post 8493415)
Surprise Surprise...for all who do not know that the law is an ass.
Don't believe a lot of folk actually read the article.

While i concur the award is ridiculous..it shows consistency in the cases that come up for compensation...e.g

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1771560.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sh-bullet.html

There are a few facts we are not focussing on.

She is not a british national and while the rest of the ablebodied (some nationalist) folk on benefits decide not to sign up for 'Queen and country' They have an ongoing recruitment drive in the Caribbean and other ex empire regions to recruit people who still hold the 'mother country in high regard and long to serve the queen...and in an effort to maintain so psychological advantage of the empire...They fill the gaps in the shortage of troops.

She is obviously a fast learner or had a good advisor at citizen;s advice who told her what the other 'citizens are getting.

She was not pregnant when she joined..I think the queen would applaud her getting rid of it to serve queen and country; After three years of service this is quite unreasonable to get pregnant in service...Yes?

I believe this forum also hold as unreasonable that after four years with no reported misdemeanors......
'In December 2006 she missed training after her daughter fell ill, and in January 2007 she failed to appear on parade because of childcare difficulties.'

How many folks don't turn up for NHS duties, for Essential services because of this...?

I met real cases of mothers who had no family to help even with a job for afterschool and are caught in the grip of working hence being capped for benefits...

Its a vicious cycle....This is what still happens in Britain for those who have been out of the system..I celebrated my first anniversary out of the UK this week so its all fresh
It remains...a country in denial? :o

you are overlooking the fact that she was merely disciplined for being Awol - she was not kicked out of the army. she quit.

NorthernLad Apr 14th 2010 4:35 am

Originally Posted by zoukla (Post 8493415)

The armed forces are very different to other services, and that is made clear when you sign up.

The Dean Apr 14th 2010 8:19 am

"I... swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and of the generals and officers set over me. So help me God."

Interesting wording - does that mean we can attack the EU?

shakh your bootie Apr 14th 2010 10:31 pm

Man. Between Meow's rag and blood on the sand, all I'm thinking of is Jumeirah Janes with leaky mensuration..... It's mildly erotic....

Inselaffen Apr 15th 2010 5:18 am

it turns out she was offered a cushy posting which would have given her childcare facilities. but she turned it down and was at the time applying for hight paid civilian work in Afganistan.

she is now claiming over 1 million in damages.

employment tribunals ara a joke

Bahtatboy Apr 15th 2010 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 8497436)
it turns out she was offered a cushy posting which would have given her childcare facilities. but she turned it down and was at the time applying for hight paid civilian work in Afganistan.

she is now claiming over 1 million in damages.

employment tribunals ara a joke

Yeah, thought so...You all got sucked in again by selective, sensational-driven editing by the Daily Mail. You know they're posionous--if I had the time and the intellect and the money I'd sue them for the mental distress they've caused to my 86-year old mother by their consistent, pervasive and willful distortion in order to arouse (real, genuine) shock and horror among their readership. Any Daily Mail contributor or editor who meets me by chance in a dark alley is going to come to a painful end.

zoukla Apr 15th 2010 5:06 pm

:rofl::rofl:NICE ONE:rofl::rofl: This sums the whole thing up nicely:rofl::rofl:
We should go for a package suit and add the SUN to the party

Inselaffen Apr 16th 2010 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8497541)
Yeah, thought so...You all got sucked in again by selective, sensational-driven editing by the Daily Mail. You know they're posionous--if I had the time and the intellect and the money I'd sue them for the mental distress they've caused to my 86-year old mother by their consistent, pervasive and willful distortion in order to arouse (real, genuine) shock and horror among their readership. Any Daily Mail contributor or editor who meets me by chance in a dark alley is going to come to a painful end.

I dont see your point there?

she was given an alternative of a posting where she would get childcare and avoid overseas postings, or she could remain in her then position. She turned it down so she could make a ridiculous sexual discrimination claim.

how were readers sucked in? it turned out that she was worse than they first reported!