British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Men should be allowed sex slaves (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/men-should-allowed-sex-slaves-804620/)

Norm_uk Aug 4th 2013 6:56 am

Re: Men should be allowed sex slaves

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10827820)
What wars have been fought recently where a Muslim country conquered a non-Muslim country?
Just checking the feasibility of where these resources are going to come from.. for research purposes

Not sure about conquest but there have been plenty of deliberate invasions and attempts at conquest recently and going back. Off the top of my head...

In the last 50 years:
  • Indonesia invaded East Timor - plenty of rape and pillage there.
  • Repeated attempted invasions of Israel in the Arab/Israeli conflict.
  • India-Pakistan conflicts
  • Muslim Sudan invades and enslaves millions of non-Muslims in their own country.
  • Turkey annexes Cyprus and still holds half of it today.
    This excludes terrorism in the name of religion and/or religious separatism (whether justified or not) such as in Chechnya, Bosnia, southern Thailand, Afghanistan, Iraq, The Philippines, Kashmir, North West China and the recent events in Mali.

Last 100 years:
  • Armenian and Greek Genocides by the Turks. Massive oppression of the Kurds which continued until recently and is still hardly fair and decent treatment of a minority who were there long before the Turks invaded from the Asian Steppes.
    There are more but early 20th history isn't my forte.

Last 200 years:
  • Barbary Pirates (finally put to rest by the newly formed US Navy after failed negotiation - preventing further enslavement of Europeans, the numbers of whom taken were in the millions over the centuries).

Last 300 years:
  • Barbary Pirates - a proxy of the Ottoman Empire. Actually been going on more than 300 years.
  • Last major Ottoman invasion of Europe (one of many over the centuries). They were defeated at the gates of Vienna but a combined Austro-Hungarian and Polish army.

It's just as pretty going back all the way to the 600s. But to stay on track with your question, there are plenty of conflicts involving Muslims where they can take female prisoners as spoils of war. I've read that of the roughly 25 wars ongoing in the world today, 21 involve Muslim countries but am still trying to substantiate that claim though.

N.

Norm_uk Aug 4th 2013 7:00 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10827922)
Leave them to it. The west, Russia's and the gulf interference will just further **** up an already ****ed up situation.
Eventually (after a few centuries) the place might sort its ****ing self out.

I need a ****ing holiday from this place so badly tomorrows flight can't come soon enough

Agree.

We should be securing our borders and solving our problems at home.

If we must get involved we should by default support secularists though. Shale oil and gas combined with renewables and more efficient technology (which we shouldn't share) will probably mean the West will be done with this region in the next 30-50 years.

N.

Norm_uk Aug 4th 2013 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Beakersful (Post 10829617)
Perhaps what I learned was referring to 'bachelors' then? After all, polygamy wasn't too hot back then. Or taking slaves,

Polygamy hasn't been hot in Europe (not the religious kind anyway) since the Dark Ages. Slavery was banned over 150 years ago (Saudi ended it in 1967) and it had very vocal and often vicious opponents for centuries beforehand.

I'm hopefully polygamy will make a comeback though. Just done up the spare room and need someone to water the plants when we're away...

N.

shiva Aug 4th 2013 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10827925)
I read this, and couldn't help wish for an 8 hour delay. Don't know why. :D :lol:

bastard, its your fault i had an 8 hour flight with a two year old who slept a total of the last 8 minutes of the flight

Irishbeekeeper Aug 4th 2013 10:08 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10834227)
bastard, its your fault i had an 8 hour flight with a two year old who slept a total of the last 8 minutes of the flight

I empathize with you while laughing at you!

Blazeaway Aug 8th 2013 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Beakersful (Post 10828350)
A quarter of our menfolk died in WWI. Many women were left without the ability to marry. Society saw them in schools as teachers, as governesses, and other roles, old maids. Society also bullied the crap out of them in a very vicious way. It's embarrassing to think of.

Agreed, they were "Aunts" and often scary!

seven seas Aug 10th 2013 8:45 am

That fat bitch said that aver a year ago. Then she sank without a trace like a boxing day turd.

Or has she resurfaced?
If we were to debate every ridiculous every single ridiculous thing that every single muslim nobody said, we'd be here for centuries.

Or we could just read the Daily Mail.

The Dean Aug 10th 2013 9:10 am

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 10843755)
That fat bitch said that aver a year ago. Then she sank without a trace like a boxing day turd.

Or has she resurfaced?
If we were to debate every ridiculous every single ridiculous thing that every single muslim nobody said, we'd be here for centuries.

Or we could just read the Daily Mail.

Hang on......... I've lost the trail here........... what 'fat bitch'?? :confused:

OleJanx Aug 10th 2013 9:16 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10843781)
Hang on......... I've lost the trail here........... what 'fat bitch'?? :confused:

Salwa Al Mutairi.