Marble stains

Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Marble stains

Over the weekend a friend was round mine with there young child & cut a long storys short wet himself & i cant get the stains out of the floor, funny i know.... not ! Does anyone know of a good marble stain remover & where i can buy it ?

I didnt know so much could come out of one child :curse:
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marble stains

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Over the weekend a friend was round mine with there young child & cut a long storys short wet himself & i cant get the stains out of the floor, funny i know.... not ! Does anyone know of a good marble stain remover & where i can buy it ?

I think you have to cut the marble back with a polisher to get a stain out.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kim67
I think you have to cut the marble back with a polisher to get a stain out.
Dont say that !
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this http://www.natural-stone.com/stainremoval.html and then if that fails, get the polisher out - Oh and don't invite the kid over again til the toilet training's finished.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:06 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Found some tips for you on good ole google:

Marble needs to be cleaned regularly with a soft cloth or sponge with a solution of mild, liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Rinse. Dry with a soft cloth.

Warning: Do not use vinegar, lemon, or any other acidic cleaner; it can eat into the marble causing long term damage. Here are a few things that you can use:

To polish marble: Wipe clean marble with a damp soft cloth dipped in powdered chalk; rinse with clear water and dry thoroughly.

Stains on marble: If there are stains on the surface, rub them down with a marble polishing powder, such as tin oxide (available at hardware and home-improvement stores). Carefully follow the product's directions.

Stains on Marble can also be cleaned using baking soda (bicarbonate of soda).

You must decide whether you can tackle the job yourself or leave it to the professionals. If I were cleaning marble that was not of any great value then I would use a paste of baking soda and water and apply with a soft cloth. Baking soda has an abrasive action that does not actually scratch the surface, making it ideal for marble.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb

marble?

He stained marble?

How the hell can he do that?? Was he pissing battery acid??
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
marble?

He stained marble?

How the hell can he do that?? Was he pissing battery acid??
I think his dad had just given him his first can of Newky Brown Ale
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

I ended up at Ace & i bought a spray called Simple Green. Its removed around 70% of the stain..... thats good enough until i have the marble cleaned professionally
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

the marble mustn't have been 'sealed' marble should never stain. Nakeel by any chance? friend had same problem.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:21 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the marble mustn't have been 'sealed' marble should never stain. Nakeel by any chance? friend had same problem.
I didn't realise you could stain marble, this all seems a bit mad to me.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I didn't realise you could stain marble, this all seems a bit mad to me.
i didn't either...not just from a baby peeing on it for sure, ours hasn't ever stained...

MM, xx
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Yep
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to...ine-stains.htm
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i didn't either...not just from a baby peeing on it for sure, ours hasn't ever stained...

MM, xx
I thought your whole place was made of gold?