Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Mango Tree, Souk al Bahar

Mango Tree, Souk al Bahar

Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:11 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mango Tree, Souk al Bahar

Anyone been?

I'm going this Thursday night, I quite like it down there.....
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:23 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mango Tree, Souk al Bahar

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Anyone been?

Never heard of it tell us more
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Never heard of it tell us more
Well as far as I know it's a new(ish) thai place, Souk al Bahar is where you come out of the dubai mall and there's a sort of lake and you are right next to the burj dubai, which when you get that close you actually realise just how bastard big it is, it's enourmous.

Anyway lots of places down there, dean & deluca (they sell brilliant pots of herbs, much better than your normal supermarket stuff) and loads of other little cafes and stuff, it's quite nice.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Well as far as I know it's a new(ish) thai place, Souk al Bahar is where you come out of the dubai mall and there's a sort of lake and you are right next to the burj dubai, which when you get that close you actually realise just how bastard big it is, it's enourmous.

Anyway lots of places down there, dean & deluca (they sell brilliant pots of herbs, much better than your normal supermarket stuff) and loads of other little cafes and stuff, it's quite nice.
Mango Tree is nice, if you have the Entertainer book you get a two for one on main courses!

Souk Al Bahar is like you say big man very nice, near to where i live and to be honest the Meat Co there is miles better than at the Madinet in my opinion...

Also left bank is down there and a few other slightly protentios bars... You can now walk round the Burj as they have filled up some of the surrounds with water, nice on a sunny evening...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:06 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Mango Tree is nice, if you have the Entertainer book you get a two for one on main courses!

Souk Al Bahar is like you say big man very nice, near to where i live and to be honest the Meat Co there is miles better than at the Madinet in my opinion...

Also left bank is down there and a few other slightly protentios bars... You can now walk round the Burj as they have filled up some of the surrounds with water, nice on a sunny evening...
I do have one, and in fact we're being taken out anyway as a thank you for me doing a friends wedding invites for her, so that works out well.

There's a meat company there?? Man I LOVE that place, aye it is nice down there, reckon we'll move in another 5 months as I'm friggin' miles away from work, AED 110 a day for cabs there and back, so may look towards that area.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone been?

Yep - I love the food. Not cheap for Thai but excellent quality. I have been keeping quiet about it

-
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow
Yep - I love the food. Not cheap for Thai but excellent quality. I have been keeping quiet about it

-
That's not like you
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

That's not like you

I'm hurt...

-
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:22 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Is it sign posted at all, you know what Dubai is like, by the time you see it you are past it and on your way to outbacks till you can turn off or around.
Where is best place to park thats close by eg can you park in the Mall and walk
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not exactly an original name is it? is it a franchise?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not exactly an original name is it? is it a franchise?
What Mango Tree? Yes there is one in London and Bangkok, for those who like a fancy green curry!!!

Nice food though...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:30 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by rowell
Is it sign posted at all, you know what Dubai is like, by the time you see it you are past it and on your way to outbacks till you can turn off or around.
Where is best place to park thats close by eg can you park in the Mall and walk
If driving, head towards Palabce Hotel and as you turn into roundabout at front of hotel turn right and head toward Souk al Bahar carpark. Once in souk, you will need to cross to other section (outside near 'ponds' to main building) and Mango Tree is in far left hand corner. Go straight ahead to Rivington Grill then turn left, or go left to Left Bank & turn right.

-
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
What Mango Tree? Yes there is one in London and Bangkok, for those who like a fancy green curry!!!

Nice food though...
right so it isn't some saddo here who couldn't think of anything more imaginative then
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Meow
If driving, head towards Palabce Hotel and as you turn into roundabout at front of hotel turn right and head toward Souk al Bahar carpark. Once in souk, you will need to cross to other section (outside near 'ponds' to main building) and Mango Tree is in far left hand corner. Go straight ahead to Rivington Grill then turn left, or go left to Left Bank & turn right.

-
Easy peasy then thanks Now to find the Palace Hotel
I will have a drive over there thanks
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

lol but where is Dubai Mall? If coming from AD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.