British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Man United v Man City (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/man-united-v-man-city-736601/)

mentalist Oct 23rd 2011 2:29 pm

Man United v Man City

Just wanted to see the result in print before opening a bottle of Jacobs Creek to celebrate.

jdr Oct 23rd 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Man United 1-6 Man City

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9691007)
Just wanted to see the result in print before opening a bottle of Jacobs Creek to celebrate.

Great, some people may of recorded to watch later, use the ferkin spoiler. :frown::frown:

flares Oct 23rd 2011 6:32 pm

MAN U FANS. Your '19' flags and scarves, turned upside down, will make ideal Christmas presents for City supporting relatives

borrowed from TopTwips twitter feed

iamthestig Oct 23rd 2011 7:31 pm

Worst result in a derby since Denis Law's back heel...

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 23rd 2011 10:42 pm

I'm over a Blue Moon. City 'til I die :thumbsup:

Bob Oct 24th 2011 2:55 am

Re: Man United v Man City

There are spoiler tags to post spoilers in a thread, but people can avoid those threads.

Not when you post the result in the title!

Plenty of folks around the world record events for later viewing, you just don't ever post the result as a thread title.

flares Oct 24th 2011 3:32 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9691169)
Great, some people may of recorded to watch later, use the ferkin spoiler. :frown::frown:

Crap off

if you don't want to find out about something that's happened in the recent past be it sport, soaps, current affairs or anything else don't go on internet chat forums/twitter etc as new stuff does tend to be discussed...

Gadaffi's dead you say...I'd sky plussed last Thursday's news to watch when I had a minute. Thanks BE you've ruined it for me

mentalist Oct 24th 2011 4:39 am

Re: Man United v Man City

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9691742)
There are spoiler tags to post spoilers in a thread, but people can avoid those threads.

Not when you post the result in the title!

Plenty of folks around the world record events for later viewing, you just don't ever post the result as a thread title.

Rag!

jdr Oct 24th 2011 9:09 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9691762)
Crap off

if you don't want to find out about something that's happened in the recent past be it sport, soaps, current affairs or anything else don't go on internet chat forums/twitter etc as new stuff does tend to be discussed...

Gadaffi's dead you say...I'd sky plussed last Thursday's news to watch when I had a minute. Thanks BE you've ruined it for me

You`re so ferkin ME ME ME, you ignorant dickhead.

iamthestig Oct 24th 2011 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9691990)

I'm with saudiflares, if I don't want to see a result, I just don't go online or listen to the radio, no point throwing a paddy about it.

It's not as though every match score is announced here every weekend, it was a big derby match between #1 and 2 in the PL, and a shocking result, so someone was bound to post the score...

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 24th 2011 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by iamthestig (Post 9692263)
I'm with saudiflares, if I don't want to see a result, I just don't go online or listen to the radio, no point throwing a paddy about it.

It's not as though every match score is announced here every weekend, it was a big derby match between #1 and 2 in the PL, and a shocking result, so someone was bound to post the score...

I definitely wouldn't go trawling through the Middle East part of BE looking for football scores if I lived in Spain

flares Oct 24th 2011 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9691990)

...not feeling the teddy bear love, jdr :cool:

iamthestig Oct 24th 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9692282)
I definitely wouldn't go trawling through the Middle East part of BE looking for football scores if I lived in Spain

He probably wasn't, you can view "Today's Posts" and see all the BE forum's threads in one hit.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 24th 2011 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by iamthestig (Post 9692333)
He probably wasn't, you can view "Today's Posts" and see all the BE forum's threads in one hit.

That's got to require a level of boredom above most surely?

Bob Oct 24th 2011 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9691762)
Crap off

The result was in the thread title.

People browse the forum by looking at recent posts, it'll come up.

You just don't put results in the thread title on forums, especially ones where folks will be all over the world.