Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Making yourself look stupid...........

Making yourself look stupid...........

Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:07 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making yourself look stupid...........

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
That's a hard one to recover from. You'd be best to crash it and kill everyone on board that let word of that escape.

That's even worse than wearing white socks and brown sandals...only just though.

N.
So what colour socks do you wear with brown sandals?
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:16 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I do not own a pair of sandals old chap

Flip flops on the beach or at the pool or proper shoes/slip on's for other activities.

White socks are only for sports.

N.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Ah - the 'English Disease' - khaki shorts, with socks (any colour) and sandals..... so that would be WRONG, WRONG and WRONG then.

Health Warning: Do not wear the above-mentioned combination if Deanetta is in the area - she has been known get physically violent when she sees that........
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems I am not the only motoring dunce then. Just need to try and get the car delivered back tomorrow without a bill for being an idiot and wasting their time..............
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

How many times have you driven into the petrol station and opened the bonnet?

I do it every time in my wife's car. Without fail.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I struggled with the whole 'car won't start when it's not in park' thing for a while since driving an auto.

Also, spent probably 20 minutes once trying to get the bonnet open on my A3.

Another, not really my fault but I was under the bonnet of my Dads car (can't remember which one, think it was the TVR but might be wrong) and it had one of those poles supporting it. Completely gave way and smashed me on the back of the head and knocked me face first into the engine and then did it's level best to trap me on it. Nice.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
As you can imagine there was much embarrassment when I realised this faux pas.
What when the guy you were serving asked for Moet?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:43 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I've made an idiot of myself was the first time I went to fill up my Peugeot 207. Spent ages looking for the fuel cap release.

It was only when I pulled up to the pump and asked the guy if he knew where the release was that he asked for my keys.

Turns out there isn't one, and you have to unlock it with the master key.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:11 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
recent trip to blighty picked up my hire car, nippy little thing, few days later the petrol gage is on red so stop at a garage for petrol. Opened the little door where the petrol thing is and then couldnt open the fuel cap- I had to ask 6 people before anyone could work it out-
Wife's UK car both times. New VW Polo just picked up from the garage and had to refuel, no sign of a release and no key. Had to RTFM and found you press the flap in and it pops open, sigh! New Ford Focus was the replacement before I left UK. Spent ages looking for the bonnet release and was about to degrade myself again by RTFM when my neighbour showed me you have to swivel the Ford badge on the front grille and unlock with the key. Bit strange as it's a 'keyless' ignition car and the only key with locking bits on it is the third spare one!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
The only time I've made an idiot of myself was the first time I went to fill up my Peugeot 207.
Stop there - you have said enough
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How many times have you driven into the petrol station and opened the bonnet?
Why would you open the bonnet?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I do not own a pair of sandals old chap
You wear socks and shoes when around the house or out shopping? Typically British, old chap.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mentalist
Why would you open the bonnet?
because the bonnet and fuel cap openers are next to each other on Toyotas.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of car related but definately idiot related; back in my commuter days, waiting for my lift outside a train station and my lift pulled up, I got in and sat down put my seat belt on, then looked at my partner to ask what he was waiting for- the guy sat next to me looked at me somewhat bewildered and just said hi, it then dawned on me that I didn't know him and I was sat in a strangers car, i said hi and got out- cheeks burning a shade of crimson- this is what happens when you commute! you become braindead :-s funny thing was my boyf at the time who was meant to be picking me up was parked a few cars down and watched the whole thing thinking WTF is she doing...
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:28 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Stop there - you have said enough
It's a hire car. And shockingly, it's the best I've driven over here longterm. The cars I've driven here are shocking. A Sunny, Yaris, Lancer, and now the 207. Out of all of them, the 207 is miles ahead.

The only car I've hired here that was better than the 207 was the Pajero. But that was only for a day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.