Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Machete attack in London

Machete attack in London

Old May 23rd 2013, 7:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Machete attack in London

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Quite right - let's get the facts first. Preferably via anal interrogations and a bit of water boarding.

I was amazed to hear on the radio today 'this is an attack on great Britain'
If I killed someone whilst shouting about the Power Puff Girls, would I be a terrorist or just a mental person?

I reckon instead of calling these people religious extremists / fundamentalists, we should just class them as mental / lunatics / Broadmoore types.

Then there is no excuse for my facebook feed to be littered with morons acting like all Muslims are waging jihad on their arses.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Quite right - let's get the facts first. Preferably via anal interrogations and a bit of water boarding.

I was amazed to hear on the radio today 'this is an attack on great Britain'
It was the "attack on great britain" part that got me riled up as well
Just to let it be known. Im an ex squaddie who has lost mates in Iraq and Afghanistan and attacks like this really does hurt. I feel for the lads inside the camp 200 yards away knowing there mate was dying outside and i don't think the normal public will really understand how hard it will be for these lads to accept the fact this shocking crime happened on home soil and so close to home.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
If I killed someone whilst shouting about the Power Puff Girls, would I be a terrorist or just a mental person?

I reckon instead of calling these people religious extremists / fundamentalists, we should just class them as mental / lunatics / Broadmoore types.

Then there is no excuse for my facebook feed to be littered with morons acting like all Muslims are waging jihad on their arses.
Agreed

Im currently shaking my head at some of my idiot mates back home writing we need to "send the arabs back to there own countries"

Embarrassing
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by RyanC
It was the "attack on great britain" part that got me riled up as well
Just to let it be known. Im an ex squaddie who has lost mates in Iraq and Afghanistan and attacks like this really does hurt. I feel for the lads inside the camp 200 yards away knowing there mate was dying outside and i don't think the normal public will really understand how hard it will be for these lads to accept the fact this shocking crime happened on home soil and so close to home.
Hang on....does it matter that he was a soldier?

Not demeaning the work our troops do (because we all know they are a super bunch), but does it somehow make it worse? Is the murder of a soldier more shocking than if it were just a 'normal' person?

I understand the symbolism of killing a UK soldier in retribution for our part in wars in foreign lands...but they could have killed any Brit for that reason.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:36 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp

But are they mental/lunatics/Broadmoor types though? Or are they driven by a pathological hatred of XYZ and have been brainwashed by others via interweb and writings to believe that the only way is to kill.

It's still treason. Lock them up, throw away the key.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
But are they mental/lunatics/Broadmoor types though? Or are they driven by a pathological hatred of XYZ and have been brainwashed by others via interweb and writings to believe that the only way is to kill.

It's still treason. Lock them up, throw away the key.
Doesn't matter where someone becomes crazy. They aren't representative of the masses of their religion, or any other for that matter.

They go crazy because of a made up book (source). They killed someone.
They go crazy because they were touched as kids. They kill someone.
They go crazy because they have voices in their heads. They kill someone.

It's just UK press sensationalising the fact that they are 'Muslims' (I use that term loosely for people like that) and it gives them great column inches, great headlines, great sales. It may well be their true motive, but in my eyes; hate based on a book is the same sort of crazy as voices in your head.

Stuff like this just bugs me, it's almost like the papers want the EDL, BNP et al to have as much ammo as poss.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope the public and responsible media does not react in a knee-jerk manner , specifically, supporting more freedom inhibiting laws . Governments love to exploit such situations to enact more laws or bring about curbs on freedom.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:48 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get the treason reference? Is there a specific offence primarily for murdering a soldier?
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:50 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

What about the Bulgarian guy who chopped the poor grannys head off in Tenerife whilst believing he was gods son?? He did not seem to get as many column inches.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:51 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I don't get the treason reference? Is there a specific offence primarily for murdering a soldier?
I see it as a crime against the state, hence the treason reference - add coppers (much as I'm not a big fan of a lot of them), even politicians and the judiciary (judges, not magistrates or lawyers).
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RyanC
Agreed

Im currently shaking my head at some of my idiot mates back home writing we need to "send the arabs back to there own countries"

Embarrassing
I've had one on Facebook saying;

"Think its time we went bk to the crusader days and take a few heads of our selvs the dirty horrible smelly f****d up s**t bag p**i ******s LETS F*****G HAVE IT......... R.I.P to the soldier that these dirty t***s have degraded in broad daylight

pretty shocking and shows how uneducated people are. As has already been said at the moment it is a murder by two crazed idiots. I feel for all the peaceful Muslims today who will have to go to work and on public transport and be scorned at by everyone.

The EDP and BNP etc. will be loving this because people who never thought about them before will start to lean towards them.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:52 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by britexpat76
What about the Bulgarian guy who chopped the poor grannys head off in Tenerife whilst believing he was gods son?? He did not seem to get as many column inches.
She wasn't a soldier, he wasn't shouting Allah akhbar as he did it and it wasn't in England.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:53 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS

"Think its time we went bk to the crusader days and take a few heads of our selvs the dirty horrible smelly f****d up s**t bag p**i ******s LETS F*****G HAVE IT......... R.I.P to the soldier that these dirty t***s have degraded in broad daylight

pretty shocking and shows how uneducated people are. As has already been said at the moment it is a murder by two crazed idiots. I feel for all the peaceful Muslims today who will have to go to work and on public transport and be scorned at by everyone.

The EDP and BNP etc. will be loving this because people who never thought about them before will start to lean towards them.
And he's a friend of yours? I'd unfriend (fb and real life) anyone who wrote that on my wall.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kix
And he's a friend of yours? I'd unfriend (fb and real life) anyone who wrote that on my wall.
It was one of those that was in my year. I never really spoke to him at school and I wont be seeing anymore of his vile words on my wall anymore!
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:59 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS

I tried to educate, This was posted under an EDL flag from an ex employee of mine with no brain.

BE76 Whilst I admire your distain for the wankers today badge the EDL is not the answer. They are as bad as the fundamentalists.
9 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Badger Yes BE76 you have a point but its about being proud to be British and to look after our own!!
9 hours ago via mobile · Like

BE76 You don't have to be white to be British badge. Did you fight for the british like the gurkas in several wars? did you cheer mo farrah to Olympic gold or support any black footballer? The EDL are scum mate.
9 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

He gave up after that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.