Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Machete attack in London

Machete attack in London

Old May 23rd 2013, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Machete attack in London

The backlash has already started - you should see my facebook page. A large cross section of society are represented in my friends list and it goes from some using the attack as an excuse to go on a hate filled rant about muslims in general and the more moderate lets not judge the many by the action of the few type stuff. Overwelmingly telling is the fact that a "RIP Woolwich Soldier Page" sporting the Union Jack as its profile picture has nearly 1 million 'likes' already. It makes me uncomfortable.

I am so sorry for this man and his family, like i am sorry for the family's of other kids that are knifed in the streets in the name of a gang. Will the EDL, BNP, UKIP use this horrible act to their advantage? Probably yes.

This EDL pitchforks at dawn bollocks is depressing, a not insignificant number of people from all walks of life are joining in to blame muslims for shitness of their lives. So, what's next? Do we start reducing Muslim's freedom, bit by bit until we're putting them in ghettos? The erosion of human rights does not happen overnight, it is a steady trickle of change until one day we wake up and realise we are nazis
Old May 23rd 2013, 5:17 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Enough is enough. The UK government should learn from the Middle East. If you even consider any attack on us it's treason. You're executed. End of.

To add, I don't care where the **** you come from, even Luton or Bradford. You attack us, even think about attacking us. You die.

Crazy thing is they're pushing the populous to a level that every peace loving Muslim (the vast majority) will be hounded and beaten. Totally and utterly stupid.

A sad period in UK history is fast approaching, maybe now, maybe a year, maybe in a few decades, it's coming.

Last edited by Kix; May 23rd 2013 at 5:22 am.
Old May 23rd 2013, 5:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What the ****?

Seriously, what the ****?

I hate humans sometimes.
Old May 23rd 2013, 5:31 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting and worrying to see where the uk goes in the coming days.

Like many I suspect my Facebook is awash with vitriol from people whom I would not expect it from. Not a good sign at all.

The bnp, edl et al will no doubt be all over this with glee but of real concern is how many will be drawn to their cry who would normally abhor them.

Britain is not in a good place and multi culturalism is clearly failing, this event or more that are similar will see a shift in the middle ground. When the mild mannered middle classes take up the chants of the extreme right it leaves the door open for extreme politics.

Don't get me wrong some very big changes need to be made in the uk but events like this may well precipitate knee jerk reactions that do not bode well for our future
Old May 23rd 2013, 5:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
To my mind this is no different (assuming it was a member of HM Forces who was attacked) than when the IRA were murdering members of HM Forces in the UK and Germany & Holland. The only difference being the weapon used, an axe instead of guns & bombs.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/02/wo...therlands.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Sp...tephen_Melrose
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iers-2009.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporals_killings

And on and on and on goes the list.
But whilst the IRA was fighting for an Irish Republic, Islamic fundamentalists are fighting for the removal of non-Muslim forces from Muslim states and the restoration of the Caliphate or Islamic Empire.

One group fights for their own land and the other fights to restore an Empire that annexed a third of the Christian world three centuries before the first crusade and a millenia before European colonialism, and totally changed the cultural landscape of the middle east and parts of Asia.

Fighting is fighting, and terrorism is simply a tactic - what they fight for is what we should be focusing on. The IRA have for the most part stopped and will talk. There is no talking to people who want to quite literally build a global empire based on ideology and faith.

What worries me is how many people refuse to accept these basic facts. Islamic terrorism won't stop or go away if we pull soldiers out from other countries.

N.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:25 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
But whilst the IRA was fighting for an Irish Republic, Islamic fundamentalists are fighting for the removal of non-Muslim forces from Muslim states and the restoration of the Caliphate or Islamic Empire.

One group fights for their own land and the other fights to restore an Empire that annexed a third of the Christian world three centuries before the first crusade and a millenia before European colonialism, and totally changed the cultural landscape of the middle east and parts of Asia.

Fighting is fighting, and terrorism is simply a tactic - what they fight for is what we should be focusing on. The IRA have for the most part stopped and will talk. There is no talking to people who want to quite literally build a global empire based on ideology and faith.

What worries me is how many people refuse to accept these basic facts. Islamic terrorism won't stop or go away if we pull soldiers out from other countries.

N.
And when you have focussed on this and you analyse the motives what do you conclude is the best course of action to take? If as you say talking will not work what then? Reprisal attacks? Send all the Muslims home on boats? Where are you going with this train of thought?
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:35 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Dumbo
And when you have focussed on this and you analyse the motives what do you conclude is the best course of action to take? If as you say talking will not work what then? Reprisal attacks? Send all the Muslims home on boats? Where are you going with this train of thought?
Stricter punishment. It's treason (if they're a UK citizen), as such they must be incarcerated in solitary for life, no parole, no chance of parole.

So to do that we need to leave Europe and get the Human Rights bill removed from our statute book - and all other brussels rules like the latest one that restaurants must only use fresh unopened bottles of olive oil and balsamic on the tables. Madness.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:46 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Stricter punishment. It's treason (if they're a UK citizen), as such they must be incarcerated in solitary for life, no parole, no chance of parole.
That won't happen. Is there a solution? I honestly don't think there is.

Any radicals (not just Muslims) cannot be reasoned with.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:47 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

So to do that we need to leave Europe and get the Human Rights bill removed from our statute book - and all other brussels rules like the latest one that restaurants must only use fresh unopened bottles of olive oil and balsamic on the tables. Madness.
I read your earlier post Kix and didn't disagree with its content. I was more interested in the direction that Norm_uk was going. Your solutions are real world non-secular and deal with an abhorrent crime that has happened here and now.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

I think that even if they are home grown, them and their entire families should be deported to their country of origin, immediately.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:55 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Dumbo
I read your earlier post Kix and didn't disagree with its content. I was more interested in the direction that Norm_uk was going. Your solutions are real world non-secular and deal with an abhorrent crime that has happened here and now.
Exactly, it's got nothing to do with what religion or colour anyone is, it's treason, pure and simple.

It's about time the UK grew some balls if you ask me.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think that even if they are home grown, them and their entire families should be deported to their country of origin, immediately.
Where would you stop? cousins? etc.

What it was a rouge Scotsman in a school?
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow such a shocking terrible crime. But lets be clear that at the moment it is only a "crime" until proved otherwise

Everyone jumped on this band wagon saying its a terrorist attack. It may be a random act by a couple of terrorists but this wasn't to say it was planned and thought out with that intention. Politics and media are now endangering the lives of innocent people in our community by stating like this. I seen the home secretary on tv earlier saying "this act will not go unpunished" as though we will invade again!!! Has anyone thought that this could be just a random act by a couple of drugged up madmen? This was not an attack on Britain this was a murder. People need to realise this before we start jumping to conclusions
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
Wow such a shocking terrible crime. But lets be clear that at the moment it is only a "crime" until proved otherwise

Everyone jumped on this band wagon saying its a terrorist attack. It may be a random act by a couple of terrorists but this wasn't to say it was planned and thought out with that intention. Politics and media are now endangering the lives of innocent people in our community by stating like this. I seen the home secretary on tv earlier saying "this act will not go unpunished" as though we will invade again!!! Has anyone thought that this could be just a random act by a couple of drugged up madmen? This was not an attack on Britain this was a murder. People need to realise this before we start jumping to conclusions
Quite right - let's get the facts first. Preferably via anal interrogations and a bit of water boarding.

I was amazed to hear on the radio today 'this is an attack on great Britain'
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:23 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Quite right - let's get the facts first. Preferably via anal interrogations and a bit of water boarding.

I was amazed to hear on the radio today 'this is an attack on great Britain'
Its the same as the IRA mentioned above, soon after any bombing or whatever every Irish person was complicit in trying to terrorise Britain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.