Reload this Page >

Machete attack in London

Machete attack in London

Old May 24th 2013, 4:22 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Machete attack in London

Originally Posted by boyfrombangor
In fact BB, I need to tie my two comments together because they appear to contradict each other. So to clarify, I am going to invoke the Four Lions argument.

That was a film about four nutters who went on a jihad but it was played for laughs as shoddy, slapstick and farcical. But what I took away from it was that although the force of conviction was there, there was no real organisation - it was a leaderless fight, it was just a hotchpotch group of ****ed up losers. So there are provocateurs, figure heads, but all they do is whip up a frenzy from a distance by feeding the flames and encourage people to agree with their view.

I too have a force of conviction, that Liverpool are still the greatest football team of all time and will be top of the league and Europe once more, but I'm not about to go postal on some ManUre fans (or am I?).

What I mean is, Timothy McVeigh was exacting revenge for the Waco Siege against what he saw as a tyrannical federal government in the US. Which is a clearly ridiculous viewpoint but a strongly held view amongst Okies and mountain men and Fox News viewers - who hold Tea Parties but don't blow up a van killing 188 innocent people. The Continuity and Real IRA are a couple of intermarried republican families plus a few vulnerable and out of work idiot recruits who sang a few too many rebel songs and romantically don't want to stop fighting "The Brits." The Boston Marathon bombers were practically naturalised but culturally uncomfortable US Chechens who inexplicably grew a Timothy McVeigh-style chip on their shoulder, about what? The treatment of Chechen villages and their Freedom Fighters by the Russian Army? But they too listened to a few too many rebel songs and decided in their heads that it was about the Muslims against the West. And lthough the Chechens are well into the Jihad in the 'Stans, those brothers were just good old fashioned nutters. With an appropriated cause. It would be like the Irish Americans sending money home through Noraid actually taking up arms and going Brit hunting.

They say that in Northern Ireland, during all the bombings, assassinations of policemen and indiscriminate murders of Catholics/Celtic fans/black taxi drivers, THERE WAS AN UNUSUALLY LOW AMOUNT OF OTHER VIOLENT CRIME AND PSYCOPATHY. I mean FFS. This crime is just labelled terrorism, which is a valid definition with a small t, but as soon as the news reports it as Terrorism there is a mass panic and it is elevate from the level of a tragic crime to an Issue of National Security Even Though We Arrested The Perpetrators Immediately.

You want to see real Terrorism? Go to a market or other public place in Iraq and wait. You want to see real Jihad? Go to Syria or the Hindu Kush.

For comparison with these recent acts of UK & US terror, suicide bombers were usually profiled as a vulnerable young adult who has been encouraged by a shady back room figure who convinced them to put this vest on but the US has bombed **** out of most of those now and they prefer a much more hands-off approach now (sorry Abu Hamza!). It takes more trawling for potential recruits in the right location but with the internet now as it is, it is so, so easy to attract angry young men and plant seeds.

That happened on both sides in Northern Ireland (admittedly on a much larger and organised scale) due to the closeness of the community and an "Us versus Them" mentality - did you know that Paisley 'accidentally' formed the UDA? Now one man can influence the global Muslim - or tinfoil hat conspiracy theory - population with a torrented video sermon/Moon landing footage. Moon landing conspiracy example thrown in to indicate the level I consider the jihadist movement AND ITS POPULARITY.

But these recent events are all great for the original provocateurs. They have the general population convinced that an entire minority is a time bomb that could go off at any time because of their culture, not because of their mental state. This raises the tension in the general population, which isolates the minority more, which makes them more likely to go off. All because two nutters in a UK islamic population of ?millions? went off.
i loved that film four lions. chris morris did a fine job. phone jacker was funny as well.

well-written post by the way.
Old May 24th 2013, 5:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

And there's a video response from the Muslim Council of GB.

Really more of them should get out and protest against the murder, that would help move the "Hang them up brigade" to a softer stance.

Problem is all we see from Islam is death/threats/violence etc. and that's not what it's all about.

FB (from Sky News cant find it on news.sky)
Old May 24th 2013, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Problem is all we see from Islam is death/threats/violence etc. and that's not what it's all about.
"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia
in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men"

Winston Churchill
Old May 24th 2013, 4:22 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men"

Winston Churchill
When, and where, did he write that?
Old May 24th 2013, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Really more of them should get out and protest against the murder,
You would think they would be protesting this misuse and total disrespect of their religion. But maybe that takes something far worse than a horrific and barbaric murder. Something like a cartoon drawing perhaps?
Old May 24th 2013, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

London is supporting the wrong side in the Syrian conflict as they did in Iraq ! Is it really in our national interest to have a gang of the bearded pious ones running the show in Damascus ?
Old May 24th 2013, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
When, and where, did he write that?
In his book "The river war"
Old May 24th 2013, 5:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You would think they would be protesting this misuse and total disrespect of their religion. But maybe that takes something far worse than a horrific and barbaric murder. Something like a cartoon drawing perhaps?
And that simple analogy speaks volumes.
Old May 24th 2013, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 24th 2013, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
+1
Old May 24th 2013, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Winston Churchill
Churchill was a Zionist of the highest order - all else followed on from that...........

Not that I disagree with the basic point he is making.
Old May 24th 2013, 5:49 pm
Hit 16's

In his book "The river war"
Just bought the kindle version on Amazon. There's a lot of Churchill's work there, some free, some cheap, the rest not expensive. For when I retire...
Old May 24th 2013, 5:56 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I've said it before and I'll say it again, times have changed, the uk populace, whatever creed, colour or sex, needs to grow some balls and tell the extremists they're not welcome in the country and hound them all out.

Maybe a little bit of irony considering I don't live there but I'm sure you get the point.
Old May 24th 2013, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kix
And there's a video response from the Muslim Council of GB.

Really more of them should get out and protest against the murder, that would help move the "Hang them up brigade" to a softer stance.

FB (from Sky News cant find it on news.sky)

No Muslim should apologise for that horrific act; there is nothing to be apologetic of; Those two nutters belong to the society they live in, they are no different from the drug gangs who commit murder crimes on the streets of London . I will not be surprised (in this particular case) if those two come from single-parent families where the fathers have been absent from their lives all along, and the only role models they knew of are the gang/cult leaders.

I actually have no problem with a British person believing he is at war with Britain; every person has the right to fight for whatever he believes in. However, he has to first denounce his British nationality and get out, and he can fight whomever he wants. But to instead commit those acts while you are still living peacefully among the people is down right treachery.
Old May 24th 2013, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Winston Churchill
I wouldn’t cite Churchill on those kinds of subjects. There are a number of question marks on the values that gentleman upheld, ( I would like, though, to believe that he had changed his mind later in his life). take a look at just one of these examples:

“I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.” (To the Peel Commission 1937)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.